Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How To Drink Enough Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Drink Enough Water (2676 Views)

Drink Up, Drink Enough Water For Water Is Your Life.[sickle Cell] / 14 Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water / Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Drink Enough Water by katchyevans: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2014
Drinking water is an important part of life. In fact, you can live longer on just water (without food) than living on just food (without water). Many people do not drink enough water which is why it is so important to be careful about your water consumption. Here are some good steps to follow to remain well hydrated

1. Always have a glass of water when you wake up, and before you go to bed. You could write yourself a notice on your bedside table so you don't forget.
2. Eat foods with high water content. Watermelon, celery, cucumbers, and lettuce are good, healthy choices.
3.Have a glass of water with all your meals. If you are trying to lose weight, a study has proved that people who drank two glasses of water before meals lost more weight than those who don't.
4. When you work out, keep a water bottle with you. Bring two! Your body sweats which is one way your body uses water. You need to replenish your body with nice, cool water. (Cool water will help cool you down more.)
5. Watch what else you drink. Gatorade, is a common drink but it actually dehydrates you. Drink more water than other drinks. Of course, water doesn't have to be your top priority. Milk and orange juice are great liquids to drink too. Try to drink healthy liquids instead of soda or alcohol.
6. When you feel hungry even though you've recently eaten, don't continue to eat. Many people believe they are continually hungry but in reality they have not drank enough water. Surprisingly, water actually fills you up. It's important!
7. Just because drinking water is most important, you do not have to limit yourself only to water. Every once in a while, have a soda or a small glass of wine (if you're an adult).
8. Educate yourself. Learn the symptoms of dehydration. There are many obvious factors, and learn the benefits of drinking enough water.
9. Keep the 8 glass rule in mind. Eight glasses of water each day is not the exact amount of water everybody needs. Every individual needs a different amount of water to stay healthy. At minimum, however, aim for eight glasses of water. It wouldn't hurt to drink more.
Below are some benefits of drinking enough water daily:
-It helps your body rid itself of toxins and impurities.
-It gives you more energy.
-It prevents you from gaining unwanted fat.
-It keeps your skin healthy and hydrated.
-It helps your eyesight because your cornea is 80% percent water.
-It raises your metabolism and helps your digestion.
-It strengthens your immune system.
-It keeps your blood pressure lowered.

Try our brands today. With our 1.5l, 80cl bottle and 50cl cup, be rest assured of constant hydration, whenever & wherever.
Kindly call 08024040420 or email hisgrace75@yahoo.com today to place an order for our water.

1 Like

Re: How To Drink Enough Water by Techarena: 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Really nice one to read and know......When i was studying, i usually wont drink water as needed. Later on, i started to have the habit of enough drinking water. I exactly dunno how much water i intake daily...But still, i think it is enough for me. If you want to know the exact amount of water you should intake daily, you can use water requirement calculator (https://www.easycalculation.com/health/water.php).
Also take a look on this : http://laurenconrad.com/blog/2014/07/healthy-habits-how-to-make-yourself-drink-more-water/
Re: How To Drink Enough Water by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
I love this, keep it up op and thanks for sharing smiley
Re: How To Drink Enough Water by archlix: 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
What do you mean by "enough" water?
Medically an adult male is expected to drink 3litres in a day. An adult female is expected to drink 2.2 litres of water in a day.
If you drink a glass of water in the morning or before bed time without meeting the required amount, you are not doing yourself any good

1 Like

Re: How To Drink Enough Water by Frlane: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2019
About filters for water. You can contact this company - https://www.highwaterstandard.com/ . They can help not only to choose the right filter, but also to fix the old one or to install the filter you bought correctly. Because sometimes it's hard to do it yourself. And they can get a free In-home water test. I think it's very useful.

(1) (Reply)

Vision Plus Eye Vitamins. / see to it / Stopping The Scourge Of Sickle Cell Anaemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.