Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. (25657 Views)

Effects Of SALT Water On Skin And General Health / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dont be gullible. dont be fooled. Don't let other people's ignorance bring you down. read and share. Knowledge is power.

7 Health Risks of Eating Too Much Salt.

Too much salt in the diet, which is marked by high sodium content, can deeply impact almost all biochemical pathways in your body. As a standard, your dietary intake of sodium should not exceed 2,000 milligrams per day. Any excess of this amount can inhibit the proper absorption of nutrients and disrupt normal body functions. The following are seven dangerous health consequences of eating too many salty foods.

1. Hypertension
The number one medical consequence of high salt intake is hypertension. High intake of salt causes water retention and promotes abnormal influx of water molecules into your blood vessels.

This action instantaneously increases your blood volume and blood pressure. Sudden rises of blood pressure can trigger life threatening cardiovascular emergencies like strokes and heart attacks. Reducing your sodium intake through diet can lower your blood pressure by as much as 25%.

2. Abnormal Heart Development
A habit of eating salty food can also heighten your risk of non-blood pressure related heart diseases. Having higher than normal blood volume means that your heart has to work much harder to provide proper circulation. Over time, your heart can become abnormally large and your heart valves can become thinner. An enlarged heart is significantly weaker and can lead to symptoms like chest pains, breathlessness and chronic fatigue. Fatal cases like sudden cardiac arrest and heart failure can also occur.

3. Osteoporosis
Sodium inhibits your body’s absorption and utilization of calcium, leading to a loss of bone mass and increased porousness of your bones. Women after menopause, diabetics and elderly people who are already at high risk of osteoporosis should be especially careful about salt intake. Having a high salt diet can drastically heighten your chances for fractures and other skeletal deformations.

4. Kidney Disorders
Excess calcium and sodium that are not used by your body goes into your urine. This can increase the filtration load of your kidneys and increase the likelihood of crystal formation. Elevated blood pressure and blood volume are also extremely damaging to your kidneys.

5. Dehydration and Swelling
Feeling thirsty is a direct response after having salty food. This happens because excessive sodium in your blood draws water out of your cells and into your tissues. Dehydrated cells signal your brain for water. Having fluid filled tissue makes you look bloated and swollen, and these symptoms are especially severe in the lower parts of your body. Reducing your salt intake is an effective way of preventing swollen feet, ankles and calves.

6. Digestive Diseases
Sodium regulates the acid-base balance of blood and body fluids. Too much salt can trigger acid reflux and cause heart burn and long-term damage to your upper digestive tract. Studies have shown that habitual intake of salty foods is a strong risk factor for duodenal and gastric ulcers and cancers.

7. Electrolyte and Hormone Imbalance
Excessive sodium can impact both your electrolyte and hormone balance. Too much sodium can severely hinder the conduction of nerve impulses and induce symptoms like dizziness, muscle cramps and shakiness. You can also have impaired sensory response, feel disoriented or develop other depressive symptoms.

18 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by sofadj(m): 4:01am On Aug 09, 2014
You are carrying a high risk pregnancy if : http://www.healthlineafrica.com/high-risk-pregnancy/
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by bloodykiller: 4:01am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Ezyp(m): 4:03am On Aug 09, 2014
Since this ebola hit nairaland, to make front page made so easy
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by DonaldGenes(m): 4:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmmmmmph!

Wait a min @Op, Is dissolving NACL in Water a physical or chemical change? Chemistry mind activated.. NaCl(s) → Na+(aq) + Cl-(aq) Lmao! If I go still remember simple Bal equation... He he

Good Night Earthlings...

Sleep dey worry me
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 4:05am On Aug 09, 2014
After them go say them get Ph.D

2 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by BrAkingNews: 4:08am On Aug 09, 2014
hmm
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Olucheye(m): 4:08am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by shadowwalker101: 4:09am On Aug 09, 2014
if I hear
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 09, 2014
Nigerians are the most gullible people on the face of planet earth. No wonder their pastors deceive them left and right. But...

11 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by LMAyedun(m): 4:10am On Aug 09, 2014
Aromas: space 4 sale
Too early Bro!!
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Ignorance kills faster than Ebola virus!
http://www.enaijajobs.com/index/anthonia1.html
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Sijo01(f): 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Smh for those who fell for the hot water and salt shiit.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by NaLaugh: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
cool

1 Like

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Kalvan500: 4:13am On Aug 09, 2014
Why are people calling me a Tribalist?! I made a pun, mixing Ebola and Land. I'm not referring to the South East!!! Please stop it!!! Manny and Alka. I'm already banned from the politics section till 2041, so stop it already.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by NaLaugh: 4:13am On Aug 09, 2014
I bet people people in Naija were selling salt like cocaine yesterday, like:

"Yo' ma nigga.. i gat dat gud white for you.. dat gud white"

13 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by fapcrook(m): 4:16am On Aug 09, 2014
I hate too much salt or maggi in food, love tiny quantity and other natural seasoning like garlic, ginger, onion , iru etc, all good for my health but not salt

1 Like

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by emmaliver(m): 4:18am On Aug 09, 2014
If you are an undergraduate or you have
graduated and you took your bath this morning
with salt and water please in all honesty return
your school fees back to your parents, if you
are a health professional and you did same
Hmmm you are deadlier than Ebola. #okwu

18 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by kenp20(m): 4:18am On Aug 09, 2014
I pity those DAT HV drank D's salt of a thing all in d name of Ebola, how can salt prevent or cure Ebola for God sake, anyway any1 DAT hav try DAT experiement in his or herself must go 2 d nearest psychiatric hospital 4 check up.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by kdidi: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2014
Wow dat salt bath was don by virtually 60% of nigerians. In my working place every 8 out of 10 had that bath most especially ladies. Ladies click lyk if u did, dont be shy. And that applies to u guys

6 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by padeolu: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2014
Kalvan500: Why would anyone believe that salt hoax?! Shows how low the average IQ is in Ebo land.
LoL. am sure the salt water rumor started from their. Na only God go save us from them.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Kalvan500: 4:23am On Aug 09, 2014
padeolu: LoL. am sure the salt water rumor started from their. Na only God go save us from them.

grin cheesy
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by padeolu: 4:25am On Aug 09, 2014
DonaldGenes: dissolving NACL in Water. Chemistry mind activated.. NaCl(s) → Na+ + Cl- + H20
. Fixed
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by pharmguru: 4:36am On Aug 09, 2014
emmaliver: If you are an undergraduate or you have
graduated and you took your bath this morning
with salt and water please in all honesty return
your school fees back to your parents, if you
are a health professional and you did same
Hmmm you are deadlier than Ebola. #okwu
God bless u...in fact dey shud return it with interest.
imagine a university student receiving health education from home when in d actual sense he is supose to be giving the education.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Fatdon(m): 4:37am On Aug 09, 2014
[b]The Normal salt we use at home is
dehydrated, not for detoxification...
When you bath with salt, you become
more prone to infections.. There is
strong evidence that links our current
high salt intake to high blood pressure. High blood pressure is the main cause
of strokes and a major cause of heart
attacks and heart failures, the most
common causes of death and illness in
the world. It is also widely recognized
that a high salt diet is linked to other conditions, such as osteoporosis,
cancer of the stomach, kidney disease,
kidney stones, obesity and
exacerbating the symptoms of asthma,
Meniere’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease,
hypertension, cardiovascular and Diabetes. I'm not saying you should not
do it but be careful what you waste
your time on, especially my 'supposed
educated friends and colleagues' who
are still spreading the Salt broadcast.
This is how to protect yourselves from Ebola: (1) Wash Your Hands With SOAP
not Salt, do this a lot . (2) Use a Good
Sanitizer. (3) Avoid Unnecessary
Contact (4) No Bush Meat & Suya. ( Bush
meat 'MAY' be carrying the virus, same
as Suya) (5) Disinfect your surrounding: The virus cannot survive disinfectants,
heat, direct sunlight, detergents and
soaps. (6) Fumigate your surrounding,
rodents can be carrier of Ebola. And
YES!...Am a christian and am not
disputing the essence of spirituality but please let's be wise, stop
spreading lies to people especially if u
run a media channel.[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by eaglechild: 4:40am On Aug 09, 2014
I am happy the moderators eventually pulled down the threads that were promoting salt water intake even though it took them a very long time to do so.
Moderators have a duty to pull down such threads that disseminate false and very dangerous information, and their response despite several reports is often too slow.
Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by Funniez: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Joining Nairaland is one of the great achievements I've made dis year. Learning new tins evryday

1 Like

Re: Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. by macsika: 4:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Brb

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? / Ebola Virus Hand Cleansing Gel Hits Nigerian Markets / 2-Year-Old Indian Conjoined Twin Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.