Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm (815 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm / 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by Doshward(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nollywood films are films that i can count on to get a good and hearthy laugh anytime, anyday. Not because they are funny or interesting or anything. But because i find most of their 'concepts' so dumb and funny, here are some of them. THE SIGNATURE BEAT OF DOOM: if you watch nigerian films you must know this beat that we always hear when a mother inlaw wants to poison food, or a man wants to steal a fowl, that beat is so annoyin. NAMESIS: there is this thing about mentioning the name of the film in the film accompanied by a loud beat, for instance if the name of the film is tail of a lion, one actor or actress must say stuff like 'you have touched the tail of a lion' during the course of the film, HILARiOUS ACCIDENTS: one of the most funny things to watch in a nigerian film is a car accident, never, i repeat can a car accident captured from outside the car(s) involved, instead the camera man sits at the back seat as the driver swerves left, then right then we the viewers find ourselves watching someone on a stretcher. NIGERIAN FILMS ARE TIMELESS While most nigerian films have done away with those long, meaningless, unenticing adverts, there is still some work to be done on the running time of the films, you can find a full length film of only 40 mins.. Way too short if you ask me. But its not that i don't know that they cut the story into five parts for more money, thank God that some directors have started breaking away from this very annoyingly funny norm
Re: Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by VillageBoi(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ah OP keep on sleeping while 'reality' passes you by wink wink

A Place In The Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4hS2AiqUYU

You can join the thread here if you like - https://www.nairaland.com/1870221/place-stars-trailer

1 Like

Re: Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by parrotibaba(m): 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
@op u better start watching cinema Nollywood movies not those home made ones
Re: Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by Doshward(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
Wait o, all of una no dey read last sentences? undecided
Re: Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by prof800(m): 2:20am On Oct 23, 2014
VillageBoi:
Ah OP keep on sleeping while 'reality' passes you by wink wink

A Place In The Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4hS2AiqUYU

You can join the thread here if you like - https://www.nairaland.com/1870221/place-stars-trailer
Epic!

OP, I echo it, "keep on sleeping while 'reality' passes you by". tongue ...and this one does not regard your last sentence.! tongue
Re: Silly Things In Nigerian Films That Has Become The Norm by VillageBoi(m): 2:25am On Oct 23, 2014
Doshward:
Wait o, all of una no dey read last sentences? undecided

But your last sentence na EDIT... you know it and I know it lol. If say I know I for quote ya original post but nothing spoil Nollywood dey grow fast.

(1) (Reply)

INSURGENT (march 2015) ‘full HD Movie’ / You Are The Best If You Have Watched This Horror Movie... / Video: Nollywood Slap Compilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.