Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. (62859 Views)

African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Pilots aren't kept there because you don't have them.

Austerity measures = you don't have money for fuel. No more to train pilots, and no money to fly the planes, well apart from an airshow .

Nigerian Air Force.

Deploying numbers like that for a photoshoot. grin grin grin
That's were they are potent, taking pictures.

Yes, no other Air Force can take better photos than the SAAF. However the Nigerian Air Force is capable of deploying thousands of kilometres away from home, while conducting operations in the North-East and patrol ops in the gulf of guinea.

This is an actual Air Force.
Not all Gripen qualified pilots are at the squadron operating the aircraft.

An example: the first black Gripen pilot in the SA Air Force (SAAF) and a former 2 Squadron Officer Commanding, will next month assume his first base command when he becomes Officer Commanding AFB Overberg.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-46061/

The pictures were taken during a deployment of the aircraft. Again the number of airframes Nigeria deploys is small. And the type of aircraft is isnt fighter jets but LEAD-IN fighter trainers. That can't be compared to the numbers in these picture.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Where are the Denel engineers in Nigeria?

Stop beating around the bush, dumb boy?

Where us the Denel maintenance contract?

More idiocy! Not your fault really. Heavy maintenance is conducted when an aircraft reaches certain milestones. Ergo, there won't be any engineers from Denel or the other 9 centres constantly based in Nigeria. That's why the ads were for fixed contracts. Also, the NAF is free to obtain quotes from all 10 centres and choose accordingly. Which is why Denel, Sabena and OGMA have periodically done this work.

You really should just ask when you don't know something instead of proudly displaying your ignorance on the internet.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
jln115:

At least by your standards we have nine fighter pilots.....how come NAF have less operational aircraft than Lesotho?

Nigerian Air Force deployed in less than 24 hours to Gambia, flying over Banjul, over 5000km from Nigeria.

This is what a professional Air Force can do.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

More incoherent gibberish.

Show us the pilots face?

9 pilots

No aviation fuel

= horribly hopeless Air Force.

Through 23 years of experience living in a country with black and white people, I have developed the skill of judging a persons colour by looking at his skin.....hence i dont need to see someones face to tell if his white or black shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Mind blowing, isn't it?

7 operational platforms

NAF= Lesotho
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
Not [s]all Gripen qualified pilots are at the squadron operating the aircraft.

An example: the first black Gripen pilot in the SA Air Force (SAAF) and a former 2 Squadron Officer Commanding, will next month assume his first base command when he becomes Officer Commanding AFB Overberg.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-46061/

The pictures were taken during a deployment of the aircraft. Again the number of airframes Nigeria deploys is small. And the type of aircraft is isnt fighter jets but LEAD-IN fighter trainers. That can't be compared to the numbers in these picture.[/s]

More utter gibberish. Bragging about jets lying around on a tarmac in South Africa. grin grin grin grin

Desperation.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Nigerian Air Force deployed in less than 24 hours to Gambia, flying over Banjul, over 5000km from Nigeria.

Sorry what blob am i seeing?? is that supposed to be a NAF aircraft over Banjul??.......Fvck me! For someone who can't see the difference between white and black, you sure can see precisely what this blob is.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
Odunayaw:
5 hawks, five gripens

c'mon Mike don't disgrace urslf
Provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying such numbers!

Then you'll realise what a disgrace is.

Note: There were still helicopters during the deployment.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
jln115:

[s]Through 23 years of experience living in a country with black and white people, I have developed the skill of judging a persons colour by looking at his skin.....hence i dont need to see someones face to tell if his white or black shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Mind blowing, isn't it?[/s]

What a completely dull child you are. That's your evidence.

You better refund the monies paid on your behalf as school fees. You've wasted it.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

What a completely dull child you are. That's your evidence.

You better refund the monies paid on your behalf as school fees. You've wasted it.

Yeah colour vision is my evidence.....something you lack, i highly recommend seeing a optometrist.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
frumentius:

More [s]idiocy! Not your fault really. Heavy maintenance is conducted when an aircraft reaches certain milestones. Ergo, there won't be any engineers from Denel or the other 9 centres constantly based in Nigeria. That's why the ads were for fixed contracts. Also, the NAF is free to obtain quotes from all 10 centres and choose accordingly. Which is why Denel, Sabena and OGMA have periodically done this work.

You really should just ask when you don't know something instead of proudly displaying your ignorance on the interne[/s]t.

Is it that you are so stupid that you lack any reading comprehension ability?

Where are the Denel engineers maintaining NAF aircrafts?

You claimed this as facts for months.

You're suffering from selective amnesia?
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
jln115:

Yeah colour vision is my evidence.....something you lack, i highly recommend seeing a optometrist.

You constant gibberish bores me. Run along, dull one!
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

More utter gibberish. Bragging about jets lying around on a tarmac in South Africa. grin grin grin grin

Desperation.
Facts proven today!

1. Gripen qualified pilots aren't all kept with the squadron which operates the aircraft.

2. Not many air forces are capable of deploying at such numbers!

What were you saying about this vet the other day?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

You constant gibberish bores me. Run along, dull one!
Does it now? at least you are feeling our pain when we have to deal with you on a constant basis!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Is it that you are so stupid that you lack any reading comprehension ability?

Where are the Denel engineers maintaining NAF aircrafts?

You claimed this as facts for months.

You're suffering from selective amnesia?

Prove where I said Denel Aviation did anything in Nigeria other than heavy maintenance or milestone work. You're so groggy with generator fumes you forget both our posts on this matter are there for all to see.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
[s]Provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying such numbers!

Note: There were still helicopters during the deploymen[/s]t.

Pathetic losers!! grin grin grin

That's all you can come up with, Nigerian Aircrafts are only seen on deployments.

Strategizing for the mission 5,000km away from home base. That's how we roll, not at some airshow in Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Exactly deploying LEAD-IN trainers.

I don't see anything similar to this pictures.

Has the Nigerian air force demonstrated the capacity to deploy numbers like these?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
Exactly deploying LEAD-IN trainers.

I don't see anything similar to this pictures.

Has the Nigerian air force demonstrated the capacity to deploy numbers like these?

Offence intended. The Nigerian Air Force deployed according to mission requirements.

We don't have generals who don't think in-charge of mission deployments unlike the SAAF posing with planes on a tarmac in South Africa.

What does the SAAF know about mission deployments anyway, not like bragging about using your half-french helicopters to attack thugs looking for UN food counts as one.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Pathetic losers!! grin grin grin

That's all you can come up with, Nigerian Aircrafts are only seen on deployments.

Strategizing for the mission 5,000km away from home base. That's how we roll, not at some airshow in Nigeria.
Those chaps are no strategists the real people whom handle the strategy are sitting in Abuja.

This picture was taken from a deployment during the Gambia crisis. Again nothing similar to these two pictures!

Can you provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying numbers like these?

Cause what we of the Nigerian air force is it deploying old LEAD-IN fighter trainers with limited air to air and air to ground capabilities(reccon, surveillance, attack, patrol etc).

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

Offence intended. The Nigerian Air Force deployed according to mission requirements.

We don't have generals who don't think in-charge of mission deployments unlike the SAAF posing with planes on a tarmac in South Africa.

What does the SAAF know about mission deployments anyway, not like bragging about using your half-french helicopters to attack thugs looking for UN food counts as one.
Again I ask you to provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying numbers like those seen in the pictures I provided.

None taken.

When it comes to doctrine development SAAF is still up there. Note: Research and development companies and organizations such as the CSIR are utilised to help developed tactics for platforms.

Again no African sub Saharan African country has such capabilities.

The Nigerian armed forces have forces deployed inside Nigerian in a fight against BH. Again the argument that they are deployed inside South Africa is null.

Typical Augubugubu tactics resorting to trolling and insul..ts at the prospect of engaging in a discussion filled with facts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
[s]Again I ask you to provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying numbers like those seen in the pictures I provided.

None taken.

When it comes to doctrine development SAAF is still up there. Note: Research and development companies and organizations such as the CSIR are utilised to help developed tactics for platforms.

Again no African sub Saharan African country has such capabilities.

The Nigerian armed forces have forces deployed inside Nigerian in a fight against BH. Again the argument that they are deployed inside South Africa is null.

Typical Augubugubu tactics resorting to trolling and insul..ts at the prospect of engaging in a discussion filled with facts.[/s]

If you have a functional brain you would see that I did not bother adding deployments in Nigeria.

However, you clearly don't have a functional brain.

Deployments at an airshow grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
jln115:

Wasn't it called British Nigeria before 1960??
Don't be stupid my friend

according to you now...independence = formation
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
Provide evidence of any air force capable of deploying such numbers!

Note: There were still helicopters during the deployment.
deployments where na
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
jln115:

Show us more than 3 NAF F7s or 3 NAF Alpha Jets in the Air
keep looking for pictures
We could deploy assets to Gambia,Mali etc while still having meat to grind at home

anyway...incase u didn't notice.. I am not interested in d mudfights here..so don't rope Me in
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
Henry240:

If you have a functional brain you would see that I did not bother adding deployments in Nigeria.

However, you clearly don't have a functional brain.

Deployments at an airshow grin grin grin
Air shows are undertaken as missions.

Again nothing compared to this deployment outside SA boarders.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Odunayaw:
deployments where na
Zambia na!
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
MikeCZA:
Zambia na!
didn't know of this you mind enlightening me?
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Hrmnn: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
EE-9 Cascavels of the FARDC.

To this day it is a mystery where the Congolese acquired these, or how many they have. The vehicles are a mix of Cascavel Mk 1 and Mk 2s and were not operated by the old Zairean armed forces.

Some sources say these were donated by Libya or Zimbabwe. However, I have heard a rumour which states they were actually purchased from Israel in the mid 2000s sometime, supposedly from the same company that upgraded the AML-90s for Kenya.

Nobody really knows. They have never been sighted on operations, only in FARDC parades and even then one or two at a time.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Odunayaw:
didn't know of this
you mind enlightening me?
Dem SAAF dem position for dem meeting dem Zuma having with dem Central African region countries post dem bangui battle.

After the battle of bangui the SANDF positioned forces and assets in countries around CAR in the case they were ordered to take back the city after the meeting Zuma had with regional leaders.

Gripens and Rooivalks were part of the assets deployed. Note: This was the first time South Africa deployed it's fighters outside boarders for a possible combat mission since the 80s.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hrmnn:

To this day it is a mystery where the Congolese acquired these, or how many they have. The vehicles are a mix of Cascavel Mk 1 and Mk 2s and were not operated by the old Zairean armed forces.

Some sources say these were donated by Libya or Zimbabwe. However, I have heard a rumour which states they were actually purchased from Israel in the mid 2000s sometime, supposedly from the same company that upgraded the AML-90s for Kenya.

Nobody really knows. They have never been sighted on operations, only in FARDC parades and even then one or two at a time.
Well equipped and trained units are kept in Kinshasa.

In 2012 the units deployed in the east were kicked it was only later when they really wanted to deal with the M23 that they deployed bright commanders and well trained units in 2013.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hrmnn:

One just never knows with the FARDC. They bought 20 T-72s from Ukraine and they're all based in Kinshasa while troops out in the Kivus make do with clapped-out 55s. Same as these APCs bought from Georgia, originally for their Special Forces. But permanently based in Kinshasa with the Garde Républicaine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Kim Jong-Un's Sister Swapped Pen Provided For Signing The Agreement(Photos) / Egypt Spa Offers Snake Massages. Viral Video Leaves Twitter Terrified / Biden, Macron & Other G7 Leaders Mock Bare-Chested Horseback Rider Putin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.