Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,336 members, 7,853,506 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. (62844 Views)

African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Let me leave this here.

It is now very clear that a brand new Gripen C/D is only as good a Second hand F-16 block 40. grin grin grin grin

This would be really good.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Henry240:
Let me leave this here.

It is now very clear that a brand new Gripen C/D is only as good a Second hand F-16 block 40. grin grin grin grin

This would be really good.
Doesn't go into the technicals. Secondly reasons are not given!

Here's a picture of the first 4th generation fighter carrying: IRIS-T SRAAMs, Meteor BVRAAMs, Small diameter bomb(s) and Lightning pod. cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
MikeCZA:
Doesn't go into the technicals. Secondly reasons are not given!

Here's a picture of the first 4th generation fighter carrying: IRIS-T SRAAMs, Meteor BVRAAMs, Small diameter bomb(s) and Lightning pod. cool cool

It clearly states a brand new Gripen is only worth as good as a second hand block 40 F-16. grin grin grin grin grin

That's truly and utterly pathetic. grin grin

Dude, any 4th generation fighter can be upgraded to carry the latest weapons. It is only a software upgrade.

But why is a brand new Gripen = a second hand block 40 F-16?
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by jl115: 6:34am On Jul 07, 2017
SupremeCourt:

I am not interested in trade of words between you guys, but its bound to happen with a dozen men posting war photos, they will also be at war with themselves once in a while and later adjust their hot heads back to cool mode. That is the issue of Nigerians vs South Africans, they will argue but settle after. Your comment is beyond my ability to reply, I am eager to see why you rate Nigerian military as ordinary average on continental level despite the photos we see here showing Nigeria is the most experienced African country in 21st century war.
Curious to know if your opinion about South African armed forces versus Nigerian side is realistic, I pushed your comment to some military officers here in the FCT, anti-corruption cases are in court probing their spending from past governments, it is easy to ask some nice military boys private questions when its relaxing time.

Much as I have hammered into the Nigerians heads about slow payment and slow delivery of equipment, I have asked those who know better and I have further information:

(A) Only Nigeria has ability to attack an enemy with guiding missile air drones in Africa.
(B) All remaining 10 mi35m will be delivered to NAF, completed by late months of 2018, draft budget provision covers it. Only Nigeria has guiding missile equipped helicopters in Africa excluding Mediterranean Arabs. They are purchased to destroy Boko Haram anti aircraft jeeps and any standard army that threatens Nigeria's territorial integrity.
(C) The jf17 is testing AESAA radar in country of origin and offered to NAF, it is planned that some NAF delivery 2018-2020 will beat any air opponent in Africa excluding again Mediterranean Arabs. Budget covers it.
(D) Nigerian navy lacks real warship but budget is drafted for one huge supply replenishment ship of Asian origin between 7,000 - 10,000 tonne with some real warship equipment. It will replenish all ships in maritime security deep off shore.
(E) It is decided to equip NAF jf17 to counter surface any enemy warship in Nigerian deep off shore from long distance away. Budget for guide weapons is already fully provided and will be delivered 2017-2018.
(F) Over 30 new aeroplanes: 5 ch drones, 12 mi35, 12 superb tuscano, 3 jf17 are ordered fully equipped to deal with any level of external aggression against Nigerian armed forces from any African country. That is how it is written in the documents submitted to justify military spending on budgets 2016, 2017, draft 2018.

Looking at the above and also looking at the current insurgency war experience that tested the Nigerian military more than any other African country, exposing weaknesses that have been fully corrected in a few years, I will say your opinion is wrong concerning Nigerian armed forces versus any opponent in Africa, excluding the Mediterranean Arabs as the officers say. No sensible country will over-estimate itself against a currently battle tested country. Almost every Nigerian soldier has tasted real war today, but almost every South African soldier has not seen war since he was born. Shooting practice at home is a thousand times easier than real shooting war.

1. South Africa fought is WW1,WW2,Korean war,Border War(1960-1988), these are real wars against real countries, not against a rebel group like boko harm......so how does Nigeria have more experience?

a) You are not, refer to pic1

b) Again you are not refer to pic2

c) The JF17s Nigeria possibly are getting is the Block 2 variant, only the Block 3 will come with AESA radar..........There's not even a block 3 prototype yet

d) You would still lack real warships, a Replenishment ship is not a warship!

e) USA blocked the sale for Super Tucano and there has been no further news on your JF17s......Which should of arrived last year according to Henry

2) And? Training+Equipment beats experience......Look at what happened when American soldiers who never fought a war took on the battle hardened Iraqi forces during the Gulf war!! they pummeled them!!

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 1:09am On Jul 11, 2017
jl115:

1. became a union in 1910.....which means we had our own Government and Prime minster......unlike Nigeria who was wholly governed by GB!

2. How? there's not even a block 3 prototype yet.....so how is it possible that nigeria will receive a fighter that doesn't exist?

3. And? did i say we never learned from our experiences? Besides if you want to argue that why, it would mean SA is by far the most experienced in(SSA), not only conventional warfare but COIN warfare as well!! In fact we were the first country in the modern world to adopt Guerrilla tactics in an actual modern war!
Ignorance dogs you.. The Brits governed SA till 1934 hence the word "self governance in 1934"

Correction a fighter that's in the works,stop excreting!

First what? Look stick to hunting

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Kim Jong-Un's Sister Swapped Pen Provided For Signing The Agreement(Photos) / Egypt Spa Offers Snake Massages. Viral Video Leaves Twitter Terrified / Biden, Macron & Other G7 Leaders Mock Bare-Chested Horseback Rider Putin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.