Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76349 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Pervert1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
picasso4u:

with dis type of English, u should not even expect an E
wat are you traying to say?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by ucheogini(m): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
mine was "distribution theory" STA 321. i nearly ran mad cos dere wia so much proofs requiring undyling mathematical principles wich i wasnt well grounded in. it was jst too dificult 4 me + i dint like d lecturer. On d day of d exam, i dint even spend up to 30 mins in d exam hall n den i submited n left. stdnts in d hall started murmuring tinkn i had dealt wit d course in such a small space of time, little did dey no i had gone home hoping to cum bak n resit d course d folowin year. i was lucky enuf sha to escape wit an "E". my lowest grade in skul as an undergraduate. e no easy @all. #TeamUNN.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
EEE201. Mr Yusuff. Now in South Africa
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Software development and Technical Programming!

Thank you white jesus, for the guys that took thier time to do my assigments grin grin
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Imoy(m): 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
benELOHIM7:
thermo na beans compared to chemical engineering analysis
Chemical wetin? Abeg park well, no be jst to write formulars?

U neva did the main Engineering thermodynamics, if u had, u go knw say kaki no be leather smiley
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
52Naira:
Econometrics........trust me this will get your brains cranking and feeling larger than it's size.filled with notations, signs and wonders.you may also consider quantum mechanics in physics and engineering thermodynamics .......if you attended FUTO you may understand what I'm saying.

Quantum mechanics is the bomb ,if you are not quantised no way in that course . its a year four course down here in uniuyo. Full with enough schrodinger wave equations SWE and the rest bro leave that course

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
marvelling:

Ah! OLODO!!!

SHAME!!!

So you don't know that bacteria, protozoa & fungi are all uniCELLular organisms? They are basically cells my dear. Guy go read your book abeg.

U are qettinq me all wrong bro, when u say cell in microbiology, u'll qet it wronq......its orqanism....althouqh, orqanism are cells also, bt cells is nt d termnology in my microbiology, then, when u'll comes to biochemistry, u study structures, suqars, u kno, organic chemistry stuffs.....
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
PHY 123, futminna, Dr. Uno Uno. I wont 4get all these till I die....I'm in year 4 now (IT) phy 123(properties of matter) is still hanging on my neck. pls pray 4me....only have one last chance to pass d course.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by HisMajesty1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Data Analysis (Mac403) it wasn't just me, more than half of the whole class didn't like the course, na mass communication we dey study none of us sabi maths... Plus the lecturer Dr. Kombol was an Enigma.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by ucheogini(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
harkindele:
PHY 123, futminna, Dr. Uno Uno. I wont 4get all these till I die....I'm in year 4 now (IT) phy 123(properties of matter) is still hanging on my neck. pls pray 4me....only have one last chance to pass d course.
God ll surely c u through my broda.

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mystery007:
Mine was chem121( Organic chemistry).. Mehn i dey feel like say i sabi organic chemistry but when i got into d exam hall, i believe say mehn i knw nofin. Another is physics123( Properties of Matter), not dah d course is dah difficult but d lecturer taking it made it to seem difficult and he con use applied questions kill boys for exam/test with less time.. Anybody from F.u.tmx shld knw what am talking about, Dr. Uno's course
can't wait to get out of this trouble called futmx
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by clemzo101(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
Wave theory!!! Choi I hate d course die. The equations are mad
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
marvelling:

Surprisingly I agree! But only because of the bad career politics the medical laboratory scientists are playing. Whoever is interested in having a career as a medical microbiologist should enrol for medical laboratory science.

Bro, are u a scientist?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
maestroferddi:
It depends on what you were taught. Maybe yours was a case of read handout and hit the exam hall.

I remember an instance when a lecture extracted questions from some antiquated textbooks. Expectedly the general performance was woeful.

Bro its not what you think initially no lecturer will give you handout and leave you in uniuyo ,if they even give materials to take home it would have been better . What they would give you in class is confusing than whatever you may think
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
zleemshaddy:
aiit nyc

Thanks cool
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
After reading all dis comments i start developing headache
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Destinygrl(f): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
MTH 2310 ( mathematical methods) as if pure maths wasn't enough , people drop that course like hot cake
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by vitality22(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Oh damn, this topic makes me remember CONTROL ENGINEERING in my final year. That course was such a hell. FUT minna, chai that school mehn! you must read ooooo.
Infact, we had to name the lecturer CONTROL
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nicepoker(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Sex education. Up till now I still fail the course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by marvelling(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

U are qettinq me all wrong bro, when u say cell in microbiology, u'll qet it wronq......its orqanism....althouqh, orqanism are cells also, bt cells is nt d termnology in my microbiology, then, when u'll comes to biochemistry, u study structures, suqars, u kno, organic chemistry stuffs.....

You are the one getting it wrong my dear! If you can't connect the dots (and see that some of the things biochemists study also occur inside microorganisms) then its unfortunate. By the way, I get where you got it wrong, I only applied the term cells loosely here. I did not mean it in the strictest of terms.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by marvelling(m): 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Bro, are u a scientist?

Nah! I am a microbiologist
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by benELOHIM7(m): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
lol, na komon thermo dey make u sweat like this? to programme reactor go make u shit na grin...
Imoy:

Chemical wetin? Abeg park well, no be jst to write formulars?

U neva did the main Engineering thermodynamics, if u had, u go knw say kaki no be leather smiley
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
Law of contract and Commercial law...The lecturers no just dey smile
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by stunningjudy(f): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
swezenberg:

You will derive more in Heat transfer where you will use all your calculations in advance Engineering mathematics like Fourier Series , Laplace transformation and others to derive equation.

As for me it was Engineering drawings, calculations were much easier.

Bro i won't even dare all dt drama i no wan craze
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by kayusbrown(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
1. Electromagnetic Field Theory (Maxwell Equations) - I think Maxwell is the only one that understands this course.

2. Digital Signal Processing (Fourier Transform)

3. Microprocessor Programming: Teaching a computer how to add just two numbers can be a pain in the ass. Computers are actually dumb.

4. Digital Design (Minimization techniques using 6-variable Karnaugh map and advanced boolean algebra, flip flops)

5. Circuit Analysis (Third Order Circuits, Frequency response, Phasor analysis, Hybrid Parameters of Transistors etc.)

6. Instrumentation and Control (Sampling and quantization, calibration, transfer functions, stability, block diagram reduction etc.)
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by stunningjudy(f): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
chaloner:
a futoite abi ?

Just graduated
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by okeyscrib(m): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Abiagirl777:
O.D.E.(mth 203)
Eng 209(eng.thermodynamics),the lecturer dat handled a huge chunk of de course is a hopeless stammerer.
My set failed de course lyk the world trade centre failed in 9/11

Sounds like a FUTO student
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by GboyegaD(m): 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
chiboy429:

You are extremely right stunningjudy ,fluid mechanics was one of the astoundng courses i ever love ,. My performance was so fabulous that it made me so cospicous everybody was astonished ,the A i got was a wicked one 99/100. So the guy that said fluid mechanics was difficult is not correct in his assertion something was wrong somewhere

Remember, one man's food is another's poison.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Osgee(m): 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
kristen12:

Which school?

FCE ZARIA
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
GboyegaD:

Remember, one man's food is another's poison.

Hahahahahahahahaha,You are correct
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by basica7000: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
abstract mathematics
..,computer sc.....unad 2002
prof.abe
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
marvelling:

You are the one getting it wrong my dear! If you can't connect the dots (and see that some of the things biochemists study also occur inside microorganisms) then its unfortunate. By the way, I get where you got it wrong, I only applied the term cells loosely here. I did not mean it in the strictest of terms.

Alriqht.......thanks bro.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured) / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria's Application Form Is Out! / Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.