Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland (803 Views)

Danger Of Being An Atheist / Apostle Peter And The Principle Of Inclusivity Via Exclusivity Or The Remnant / Holiness And The Danger Of Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by ajoguegbe(m): 12:13am On Oct 23, 2014
I saw a thread on the front page of Nairaland few days ago, as i discovering it was coming from the Islamic section I wanted to comment since i enjoy discussing religeon. To my greatest shock I saw a dialogue box when I clicked on the reply button. The message on the box read that if I'm a Muslim, I should click here but if not click this other button. The message went forth to say that if I opt for the Muslim button an Islamic profession of faith statement will be automatically put on my profile. Well knowing I wasn't a Muslim, I clicked on the No button and was blocked from the thread automatically. In fact I stopped seeing it on my front page

If you have been on the news for a while you would have discovered that one of the most effective and easiest means of spreading Islamic terrorism is through social media. Through some terror websites, twitter and other social media terrorists share ideas and recruit new members. It is therefore a source of concern to me on the increasing separation or utter exclusivity of the Islamic discussion on Nairaland. 

First a board was created just for them with high level comment restriction to outsiders that can even attract a long time ban. And as if that was not enough, they are now using technology to eliminate any eye prying on their activity. I know some people will quickly say that not all Muslims have terrorist tendencies of which I agree but you never can tell the power of those that have it to gradually indoctrinate the rest. Also we don't know what the next generation of Yoruba Muslims (considered to be non terrorist) will turn out in our increasing changing and unpredictable world. Abdumutallab the pant bomber had a responsible non-terrorist father but was radicalized by association

I therefore appeal Seun and the respective Nairaland personnel involved to end this hegemony for the interest of peace and security. I suspect that someone will try to pull down this thread and even ban me as there reaction always is, but even if it means evading other social media, calling on government and well meaning Nigerians, I will go any length to protect our collective security. ISIL, Boko Haram, al Qaeda etc are on the rise and desperate time require desperate measures

All well-meaning, peace-loving Nairalanders should sign(like) this thread to jolt Seun to do the needful. I rest my case

5 Likes

Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by Idrismusty97(m): 12:43am On Oct 23, 2014
If you have been on the news for a while you
would have discovered that one of the most effective and easiest means of spreading Islamic terrorism is through social media. Through some terror websites, twitter and other social media terrorists share ideas and recruit new members.

…they are now using technology to eliminate any eye prying on their activity.
So you mean you can't view the Islam board? You can't view Islam threads that made frontpage? If they are recruiting terrorists fighters you wouldn't know? shocked And even the Admin of the site wouldn't know? What are you saying? Explained those statement.
https://www.nairaland.com/islam
Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 23, 2014
Profit over patriotism.that is the capitalist way. No surprise there
Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by Ajibam: 1:10am On Oct 23, 2014
http://www.dw.de/islamists-turn-to-e-jihad-to-recruit-future-terrorists/a-15744647

http://www.indiawrites.org/diplomacy/e-jihad-and-propaganda-machine-whats-trending-in-world-of-terror/

The admin thought he is doing the right thing to bring the section into order not knowing that he is acting according to the plan of the jihadist like maclatunji!
Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by moneyexpert: 1:20am On Oct 23, 2014
Haba
Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by ajoguegbe(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2014
Idrismusty97:

So you mean you can't view the Islam board? You can't view Islam threads that made frontpage? If they are recruiting terrorists fighters you wouldn't know? shocked And even the Admin of the site wouldn't know? What are you saying? Explained those statement.
https://www.nairaland.com/islam

Once I said I wasn't a Muslim I stopped seeing the thread. Why must there be compulsion in this form of religion? I consider this an e form of compulsion where the innocent unsuspecting visitor agrees to what he knows nothing about only to find a demonic force attracting him to kill for a belief- that blood sucking demon is called jihad. Do you think this people killing innocent citizens are normal? Not at all, they are possessed

Mind you 99.5% of non Muslims have nothing to do with the Islam section. I will not be surprised if someone start a thread with a deceptive title but in the 2nd to 3rd page of their discussion they go deeper into something heinous. The thread will go on for a long time with nobody knowing what is going on.
Re: The Danger Of Islamic Exclusivity On Nairaland by Idrismusty97(m): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2014
ajoguegbe:

Once I said I wasn't a Muslim I stopped seeing the thread. Why must there be compulsion in this form of religion? I consider this an e form of compulsion where the innocent unsuspecting visitor agrees to what he knows nothing about only to find a demonic force attracting him to kill for a belief- that blood sucking demon is called jihad. Do you think this people killing innocent citizens are normal? Not at all, they are possessed

Mind you 99.5% of non Muslims have nothing to do with the Islam section. I will not be surprised if someone start a thread with a deceptive title but in the 2nd to 3rd page of their discussion they go deeper into something heinous. The thread will go on for a long time with nobody knowing what is going on.
LOL! Which region are you from? cheesy No pun intended but you must be from a very superstitious home. So the Islamic section is now infested with demons? Seun come and hear o! one of your section have demons locking in it. If you click yes the demon will jump into you and immediately you would start killing people, even those who click it by mistake or just to gain access to the Islamic board to troll probably have one on two demons in them cheesy.

You funny o! So someone will start a thread with a deceptive title and then as it goes on they will start recruiting people for jihad smiley. Must it be through Nairaland? A blog is easy to create you know....In fact Nairaland is actually a fairer representation of Islam. They have received lots of ridiculing and disgrace already. All they do in the section is condemn terrorism and portray the good part of islam.

I have seen lots of threads condemning this latest action but i must say yours is the most hilarious!

(1) (Reply)

Kept Husband’s Corpse In Bedroom For 6 Months Hoping He Resurrects (photos) / 5 Main Reasons Why 97.3% Nairalanders Will Never Make Heaven / Awaiting Omega Fires Prophecies, Apostle Johnson Suleman, Anybody?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.