Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father (958 Views)

A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by hawdi(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2014
The father of the three children have stepped out to speak his mind. He reached out to Punch via a telephone interview and explained why he did it .He said..

“In 2007, my wife and I had a misunderstanding and she told me she was leaving me. I was frustrated and the children were little. Seyi, the youngest was just two years while Titilola was just five.

There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school.”…

“I feared that if I suddenly appeared at the school, the proprietor would get the police to arrest me. I really appreciate the proprietor of Solid Rock Model College, for coming to my rescue and accepting the responsibility to help me take care of my children. The truth is this: I was pushed to the wall. I didn’t want my children to be beggars on the street.

“All these years, I have been jobless. I had no house to live in. I was putting up with someone. I just rented a one-room apartment and just got a job. I am not a wicked father. I really miss them but I am gradually overcoming the challenges I have been facing. I did not abandon them in that sense. I can assure you that before the week runs out, I will visit them.”

Asked whether his wife had called him about how the children were doing, Adepegba said since she left him in 2007, he had not heard from her.

“The last time we saw each other was probably in 2007 when she left me. I have been trying to reach her but my search has not been fruitful. I heard that she is somewhere in the northern part of the country,”

However, the school proprietor said that the school authorities had no intention of getting Adepegba arrested for his debt .He said he reported the matter to the Ogun State Police Command because he was fed up.He said,

“I have nothing against Mr Adepegba and I understand his plight. My grievance was that he kept on rejecting my calls and abandoned his children. How could he as a father leave his children for this long? It is not a good thing.”

Our correspondent learnt that the news of their father’s return had lifted the heart of the children. The children were all smiles when they were told that their father had promised to return before the end of the week.

Seun, the eldest of the trio said,

“I am very happy that daddy has promised to come back. It means I would not have to spend my holidays in the school again.”

Titilola added,

“I hope this is not another promise that will fail. I am really looking forward to seeing him because it will make me very happy.”

And do you guyz think this is enough to have dumped 3 kids in a boarding school for 8 solid years??

Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Mayour11(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2014
So, if not because they raised an alarm, he wouldn't have decided to come visiting them. Mtchew, some fathers can be heartless though, well they have no mother at all.
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Toyozzie(f): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2014
goat!
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Spicylate(f): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2014
i really dont know what to think or say bit i do feel his/their pain... some mothers ma sef...sha oo. e go better.
i've taken note of this children's name coz im sure that when becomes a governor or well known politician, the mum will definitely surface and i will personally go there to give her a "return to where you come back from slap".

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Thorerah(f): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2014
8 years and absolutely nothing,couldn't even sneak into the school or something to check up on them and now that it's been made public,he 'just got a job'. His excuse is profoundly _stupid undecided
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by thorpido(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2014
Their mother though.A woman will turn her back on her kids and not look back?
This one is strong.
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2014
Tha man is a big foool! if he truly loved and missed his children, he would at least bring them home for the hols or at the very least visit them. what if the school authority had dumped them in an orphanage? eight years no be beans o! joblessness is not an excuse, if your own children cannot drink garri with you, who will?

angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Bellasharonne(f): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2014
not a solution nor justification... but who am I to judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by godsamist: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2014
Really happy for your contributions..It's normal, all the same.permit me here to draw your attention a bit home..No normal parents can abandon his flesh and blood for any godly reasons..I can guest the sleepless night he has passed thru,its that painful and humilating..Even the woman,can she easily forgot the pains she went before bringing the children to the world!
But remember the society we are in is very tribble...Or do u want to tell me that both wife&husband don't have relations?..
Why didn't either of the families take resposibility?
You may be right..Casting different sizes of stones on him..But also take caution..The wicked world we are in..l have seen alot,don't be surprise,someday one will confess having hand in this beautiful family who would have seen the destinies of this children..Anyway lets keep praying for these family..Because God don passby the enemy's plan.
Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by hawdi(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2014
godsamist:
Really happy for your contributions..It's normal, all the same.permit me here to draw your attention a bit home..No normal parents can abandon his flesh and blood for any godly reasons..I can guest the sleepless night he has passed thru,its that painful and humilating..Even the woman,can she easily forgot the pains she went before bringing the children to the world!
But remember the society we are in is very tribble...Or do u want to tell me that both wife&husband don't have relations?..
Why didn't either of the families take resposibility?
You may be right..Casting different sizes of stones on him..But also take caution..The wicked world we are in..l have seen alot,don't be surprise,someday one will confess having hand in this beautiful family who would have seen the destinies of this children..Anyway lets keep praying for these family..Because God don passby the enemy's plan.
Shallom.

I think I understand your point. That also might have been responsible for the separation. May God help us.
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by hawdi(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2014
thorpido:
Their mother though.A woman will turn her back on her kids and not look back?
This one is strong.

Super strong. But then, we still never can tell, it might not be 'ordinary'.
Re: Why I Dumped My Children In Boarding School For 8 Years- Father by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2014
Dis man, ur a fool sha..

(1) (Reply)

My husband’s second wife doesn’t know I exist / The Old Mans' 50 Golden Rules / 5 Children Found Dead After Mistakenly Locking Themselves In Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.