Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train (5833 Views)

Explosive Documents Reveal: Mugabe Murdered 20 Thousand Zimbabweans-sahara / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS / Sambo Rides On Air Conditioned Train From Ph To Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by fr3do(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
"there may be no
bridge to cross because emergence of a Hausa-Fulani president next year through whatever means, will usher in
unprecedented disruption of gas and crude oil production
throughout the duration of the government."

Not one drop!
Northerners think they have monopoly of violence.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Tintinix: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
talktimi:
Gen Muhammadu Buhari was the initiator of this glorious project as military head of state. All praises should go to him instead

Sai Buhari

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
This is the closest you can get to saying well done GEJ!!
1983-2014!!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Nairaland, enriching my life with laughter!

1 Like

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by honeric01(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
fr3do:
"there may be no
bridge to cross because emergence of a Hausa-Fulani president next year through whatever means, will usher in
unprecedented disruption of gas and crude oil production
throughout the duration of the government."

Not one drop!
Northerners think they have monopoly of violence.

Then you will know the difference between a Rtd General and a back door phd holder.

1 Like

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Tranquill: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Urine:

God bless you, I was about saying same before I saw your reply. I boarded this trian while, on an assignment for a month, the OP is a disgrace for quoting such figures.

I also think a picture of the cheaper ones (230 naira per trip) the masses always use should be posted then we will know whether to commend GEJ or not.

Pathetic liars everywhere!

So there are even cheaper ones and you are still complaining. Cut your coat according to ur size and go for the one you can afford instead of whinning. Listen carefully let me tell you. All over the world and through the ages, ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL .

3 Likes

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
smithsammy:
You see, that's our problem. I have stopped believing things from nairaland this days. Must you hype the numbers? I have boarded the train before and I can tell you that the train cannot have more than 500 persons on-board on a trip, and it goes 3 trips a day to and fro. So how do you arive at the fucking 20 thousand persons a day People like you make me loathe this GEJ administration the more.

the train wey dey pass through ikeja along to oshodi.....d older one without a/c. dat one dey pack reach2000 per trip. only people wey stand ontop pass 100
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Shine1177: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
click2cbn:
Op, that train that runs along Oshodi under bridge (with passengers hanging on any available iron) get AC?

No, that's the old train. The Federal Government just inaugurated this brand new coaches.

1 Like

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Shine1177: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
enigmaotr:

Over 30 years you say?
The last time I boarded a Train as a Passenger is less than 18years ago. If you say 15years, I'd agree with you. That's exactly when PDP came to power.

Our railway system stop functioning optimally since late 80's.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by standupguy(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
Shine1177:

Our rail transport system has been in a state of coma for over thirty (30) years so don't expect miracle to bring it to life. Slow and steady wins the race.

Bros I take god beg you,
Don't dignify these morons with an explanation. Let them keep playing bitterness and hope it sways vote for them.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Mclick(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
I think this is, Propaganda all the way, @ least someone who has patronize them before is still alive. How many coaches has the train you are talking about? How many train there are that carries 20thousand per day as you said and in how many trip? Moreso brief us, the schedule and movements of those train? probably someone will love to go and confirm. Get me right, I am not saying the renovations in Nigeria train system is not ok, but come to think of it, what does is it really take to transform the rail in this country? Is the money spent commensurate with the results? Can common man afford the price of those so called air conditioned train? Some times those air conditioned train don't carry passenger they only move up and down because the price is high.
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by FearGodinall: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
experimentist:
Stuupid TANdroid os wan use photoshop deceive him papa!
Did you even border to read write up. I think you are not suppose to be in this forum.

1 Like

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Urine: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tranquill:

So there are even cheaper ones and you are still complaining. Cut your coat according to ur size and go for the one you can afford instead of whinning. Listen carefully let me tell you. All over the world and through the ages, ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL .

You need to read my post again and reply like a person that can assimilate. How did I imply equal fingers? Where did I complain about price? Did you miss the part where I said I boarded it because I was working at the time? Can you see the title of the thread? Did you notice my complaint was about the op being a liar by bringing up a bogus figure? When I mentioned the cheaper train, do you realise I was advocating for a balanced report?

I can now see why mass failure has become an issue in this country. Please read slowly next time, it will help you.
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by experimentist: 2:22am On Oct 24, 2014
FearGodinall:
Did you even border to read write up. I think you are not suppose to be in this forum.
na ur papa get dis forum abi!
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by msmon(m): 3:29am On Oct 24, 2014
#mentalslavery
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by smithsammy(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2014
Shine1177:

olodo!!!!what are you saying?
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2014
Shine1177:

Actually, the system stopped working optimally towards mid 90's! Even then, the system was functioning better than now! The revival of the old system is nothing out of the ordinary. The railway masterplan is beautiful though, only if it would be executed. But what we have now is still nothing worth celebrating. It's not worth it.
Moreover we've always have air-conditioned cabins! Even now, travelling on an air-conditioned cabin from Ilorin to Kano is not more than N2500, so I wonder how a rational being would pay N750 within Lagos! It's crazy. It's meant for the rich and those on emergency. grin
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by destante(f): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2014
propaganda or not, they should jes do something about Lagos traffic. So much money is lost from the economy as a result of time wasted in sitting in traffic. Time which could be used to do some productive work and make money. A serious government should make the train systems very efficient and stable. simple.

1 Like

Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Shine1177: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
enigmaotr:

Actually, the system stopped working optimally towards mid 90's! Even then, the system was functioning better than now! The revival of the old system is nothing out of the ordinary. The railway masterplan is beautiful though, only if it would be executed. But what we have now is still nothing worth celebrating. It's not worth it.
Moreover we've always have air-conditioned cabins! Even now, travelling on an air-conditioned cabin from Ilorin to Kano is not more than N2500, so I wonder how a rational being would pay N750 within Lagos! It's crazy. It's meant for the rich and those on emergency. grin

Thank you for your mature mind and reply. Yes, it may not worth celebrating but we have to bring the good of this administration to the fore. Do have a great weekend.
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Shine1177:

Thank you for your mature mind and reply. Yes, it may not worth celebrating but we have to bring the good of this administration to the fore. Do have a great weekend.
Thanks and you too.
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=milliondollas post=27380033]An Appeal To Northern Elders by Alisha4U(f): 9:46am As much as Nigerian leaders call for and promote unity of
our country, Southern and Northern elders still would often
exchange bitter words. Earlier, Naij.com has posted an
opinion by our contributor Hussain Obaro who warned
Southers leaders against presenting the North in the wrong
light and antagonizing Nigerians. Today, Dr. Deborah Nelson, writing from Ilorin, Kwara State, appeals to the Northern
elders and voices her own concerns. “1. Northern elders! During the Yar’Adua administration,
militants’ activities in the Niger Delta led to substantial drop
in crude oil production. To restore normalcy to the region,
Niger Delta elders, led by the then-Vice President, Dr.
Goodluck Jonathan, went into the creeks and persuaded the
militants to embrace peace. Similarly, when activities of the OPC were becoming a threat to national security, Yoruba
elders met with the OPC members and persuaded them to
embrace peace. “But in the North, instead of adopting similar measures to
restore peace to the region, you are busy looking for whom
to blame. According to you, Northern elders, Boko Haram
terrorists are not Northerners but Southerners, financed to
destroy the North. Unfortunately, while you are busy playing
the ostrich, a sizable part of this nation is being destroyed by Boko Haram terrorists and Fulani herdsmen. “2. Northern elders! In 2010, Alhaji Kaita promised to make
Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan if he was elected
Nigerian president in 2011. In 2010 also, Atiku Abubakar
promised to bring about violent change if he did not
become Nigerian president in 2011. As promised by Kaita
and Atiku, Boko Haram metamorphosed into a deadly terrorist sect overnight as soon as president Jonathan was
sworn in as president in 2011. Just recently, Dr. Junaid
Mohammed threatened that “if this President rigs himself
back into office in 1015, it may very well mark the end of
this country”. One hopes Dr. Junaid Mohammed, his wives
and children will personally participate in his self-imposed mission to destroy Nigeria. “3. Northern elders! You called for investigation and
prosecution of General Ihejirika, rtd., and Senator Sheriff
based primarily on accusation by Mr. Davies. The same Mr.
Davies accused you of using Boko Haram to destabilize
Jonathan’s government. He also accused a high-ranking
official in the CBN, who recently left his post, of financing Boko Haram. But you feigned ignorance of these aspects of
Mr. Davies’ allegations. Of recent, Mr. Obermayr, a member of
European Parliament, accused General Buhari, rtd., of
financing Boko Haram, and Alhaji Atiku of being financed by
al Qaida to destabilize Southern Nigeria. He also accused the
APC of channeling European Parliament financial aids to support insurgency in Eastern Nigeria. As expected, you and
Chief John Oyegun, APC Chairman, are exhibiting incurable
symptoms of selective amnesia as regards those accusations. “4. Northern elders! You often celebrate Boko Haram attacks
on security forces as a manifestation of Jonathan’s
incompetence. But any counter-attack by security forces
against Boko Haram attracts prompt criticism from you.
According to you, Boko Haram terrorists are fighting for their
rights the same way the Niger Delta militants did, hence, the government should stop attacking them and grant them
amnesty. By your actions, utterances and body language,
you created enabling environment for Boko Haram to grow
into the present monster that is currently decimating the
region. You condemn Boko Haram only when they attack
mosques or Muslims. When Emir of Kwarso was killed by the sect, Sultan Abubakar only admonished Boko Haram to ‘stop
killing Muslims’. “5. Northern Nigeria is synonymous with violence. This had
been the norm even before President Jonathan assumed
power. You want everyone to convert to Islam. during every
religious riot, you engineer slaughter of anyone who is not a
Hausa-Fulani Muslim, irrespective of his or her religion. “Mr. Gideon Akaluka was beheaded in Kano in 1996 for just
touching Holy Koran. Hundreds of Nigerians were killed in
the North when you organized a religious riot against the
hosting of Miss World Contest in Nigeria in 2002. In 2005 in
the North, hundreds of Nigerians were killed in religious riot
because a newspaper in Norway published a caricature of Prophet Mohammed. A Yoruba lady teacher from Ogun State
was roasted in Bauchi by her Muslim students who accused
her of touching Holy Koran in 2007. Some bloody religious
riots are Maitatsine riot in Kano in 1983, 1991 riot in Kano
against Evangelist Bonnke, Maiduguri riot in 2006, Sango
Kataf riot, Sharia Law riot in Kaduna in 2000. “In short, there is no year without bloody religious riots in
the North, all perpetrated by you. Consequently, there is no
town in the North today where Muslims and Christians live
together in peac
Re: 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train by eaglechild: 12:45am On Oct 25, 2014
karlmax2:
but we pay 600 naira any time we cross from lekki to ikoyi and vice versal and 300 naira anytime we cross lekki to v.i . And your one of those that see nothing wrong with that. If this trains was provided by those that pay you to be online 24/7 to criticize the hardworking government it would cost the public more than 750 naira. Those of us that stay in lekki know how much we pay a year to your tin god tinubu as toll even when the money used to build the road was gotten through tax and allocation from the fg,sure p fund included.
Leave those janjaweeeeds.

If Fashola tells them to pay 1000 naira for toll daily, they will carry placards singing his praises, but 750 for an intracity train service and they start crying blue murder.

Intracity trains are not cheap anywhere in the world.

How much does it cost to hire a taxi in Lagos?

APC and shameless criticisms.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Time For All Omoluabi To Rally Round Tinubu / Buhari Is Not In Makkah, They Are Deceiving Nigerians With Old Pictures-see More / Leadership Excellence: DOMAK Group Emerges 2022 Real Estate Brand Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.