Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year (3862 Views)

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? / Your NYSC Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Many youth corp members waste their precious 365+/- days gallivanting around activities that will not add any value to their live after service year.

There are various ways you can maximize the usage of this period and use it to your advantage.

here are 5 things a corp member should do during their service year.

5. Learn computer
4. Start business online
3. Volunteer and personal cds
2. Do professional courses
1. Save 70% of monthly income

Are you currently serving? Apply these tips and you'll never regret.

have a question? lets hear from you in comments.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by Josieojeb(f): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2014
Please which business can someone start online because have noticed that most of those obliged businesses are fake. How Am I to recognize a real online business.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by Josieojeb(f): 11:37am On Oct 23, 2014
Please which business can someone start online because have noticed that most of those online businesses are fake. How Am I to recognize a real online business.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2014
Josieojeb:
Please which business can someone start online because have noticed that most of those online businesses are fake. How Am I to recognize a real online business.

The internet is a very fruitful place. So many people are getting their entire income from it. Also, there are many legitimate ways to make money online.

Now what you need to do is see internet as a real life. Think of how you can solve somebody's problem on real life and adopt the internet as a platform to make it blossom.

You can start selling online either on your own online shop or on other popular shops like Konga.

You can do blogging business and make money from advertising.

You can. market helpful information products.

And many more... But you need to Learn it.

Hope this is helpful
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by Josieojeb(f): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks It's quite helpful. Am interested in making money from advertising but don't know How to go about it. I don't know which of those online jobs to use that will b real and not fake. Please do you have an Idea of any that can b helpful to me? Thanks
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Josieojeb:
Thanks It's quite helpful. Am interested in making money from advertising but don't know How to go about it. I don't know which of those online jobs to use that will b real and not fake. Please do you have an Idea of any that can b helpful to me? Thanks

You are going to work any online job. You need to be able to create niche for yourself, build an online business and grow it.

Instead of working a job, build business and employ others.

I'll be able to help you if I know your potentials. What are you very good at?
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by efembaba(m): 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
op please tell us how you built your own business it will really be of help thanks
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
efembaba:
op please tell us how you built your own business it will really be of help thanks

Building business is never a one-strategy-fit-all stuff. It boils around providing a value for someone. You are special and unique in your own way and what you only need is to discover it.

Me, created a blog on business tips and now I am able to publish 11 ebooks (digital products) which I sell to interested buyers. Apart from this, I sell advert slots to interested advertisers.

I don't know how to put it but at least I employ 3 people to work with me.

All you need is to discover yourself and you are good to go.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by efembaba(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
ecoheight:

Building business is never a one-strategy-fit-all stuff. It boils around providing a value for someone. You are special and unique in your own way and what you only need is to discover it.

Me, created a blog on business tips and now I am able to publish 11 ebooks (digital products) which I sell to interested buyers. Apart from this, I sell advert slots to interested advertisers.

ok thanks.. guess i gota have 2 start lookin 4 d niche dat suits me then
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
efembaba:

ok thanks.. guess i gota have 2 start lookin 4 d niche dat suits me then

That's exactly what you need to do. If you need help you can ask.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ayh191: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
ecoheight:
Many youth corp members waste their precious 365+/- days gallivanting around activities that will not add any value to their live after service year.

There are various ways you can maximize the usage of this period and use it to your advantage.

here are 5 things a corp member should do during their service year.

5. Learn computer
4. Start business online
3. Volunteer and personal cds
2. Do professional courses
1. Save 70% of monthly income

Are you currently serving? Apply these tips and you'll never regret.

have a question? lets hear from you in comments.

Do you think the first point is applicable to all states where PCM would serve? Saving 70% might be a hard task for places like Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar and investment-oriented states.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ajoskele(m): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
70percent of alawee?... hihihihihihihi.. I laugh in Chinese!
Bros, will you stop hiding the truth from these prospectives and lead them on the right path?

You CANNOT do professional courses and at the same time save up to that, except you have other sources of income.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
ayh191:

Do you think the first point is applicable to all states where PCM would serve? Saving 70% might be a hard task for places like Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar and investment-oriented states.

Yes, I know this is a difficult goal to achieve but its achievable. You can decide to be so innovative that you might not even touch your alawi. This, however will depend on lifestyle and being financially intelligent. I thinks its achievable because I personally did although I did not serve at the aforementioned states.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ayh191: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2014
ecoheight:

Yes, I know this is a difficult goal to achieve but its achievable. You can decide to be so innovative that you might not even touch your alawi. This, however will depend on lifestyle and being financially intelligent. I thinks its achievable because I personally did although I did not serve at the aforementioned states.

What's your take on the CDS groups on camp and their relevance to corp members - how beneficial are they?
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by ecoheight: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
ayh191:

What's your take on the CDS groups on camp and their relevance to corp members - how beneficial are they?

Personal cds is entirely personal and the decision to do it must be as a result of personal passion. Personal cds is more or less like volunteering since you are rendering a selfless service to the community. So, apart from fame, there's nothing much behind it. Of course being famous to the level of bagging a national award might be very interesting.

Well, depending on your approach, you can make much money for yourself with your personal cds. I was the guy behind the Hope4kids Project 2012 and the legacy still lives behind my service year. For this project, I raised funds that tripled the amount needed for the project.

So its up to you to decide whether you'll do a personal cds or not. For this, simply follow your passion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by dechuksman1(m): 3:47am On Oct 28, 2014
ecoheight:

Pls I'll like to know more about how to create a blog.
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by beabea5: 4:21am On Oct 28, 2014
@Op thanks for your attention on this i really need your help concerning starting online business expecially publishing books online,i wouldnt mind collecting your number if you can teach me comprehensively on watsapp u can pave your number here or u send mail to me at bellapebble@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by cashbayo(m): 7:17am On Oct 28, 2014
Well said friend, I have done the HSE professional course to be precise... Pls I will like to know about the online business stuff because am interested!
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by sammyjoepumping(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
cashbayo:
Well said friend, I have done the HSE professional course to be precise... Pls I will like to know about the online business stuff because am interested!

Wt level of HSE bro and are u proficient in engineering softwares ?
Re: 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year by kaymart: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2017
ecoheight:

Personal cds is entirely personal and the decision to do it must be as a result of personal passion. Personal cds is more or less like volunteering since you are rendering a selfless service to the community. So, apart from fame, there's nothing much behind it. Of course being famous to the level of bagging a national award might be very interesting.

Well, depending on your approach, you can make much money for yourself with your personal cds. I was the guy behind the Hope4kids Project 2012 and the legacy still lives behind my service year. For this project, I raised funds that tripled the amount needed for the project.

So its up to you to decide whether you'll do a personal cds or not. For this, simply follow your passion.

bro....i'm just reading through this comment of yours....

it's b'n about four years since u posted this but I just saw it today.

I'm a youth corp member. I just left camp two weeks ago.
pls, enlighten me more about the CDS one need to join and how to raise funds to fund one's project.

(1) (Reply)

Batch B Nysc Online Registration is 'wahala' / How Do I Get My Medical Fees Refunded By NYSC / Sojourn To Yikpata (lost In Kwara)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.