Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) (2632 Views)

One Year Virtual Private Server And Virtual Credit Card For Paypal Verification / Recommend Me A Trusted Adsense Seller With Reasonable Price / Arvixe Virtual Private Server (VPS) sucks | reviews of their VPS CLASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by homebase(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2014
Could anyone recommend a a reliable VPS company you have good experience with.

Basically i want a VPS service i won't experience any slowing,freezing and stuttering.

For example sometimes back i subscribe with an Ameriaca VPS service, when i launched chrome,explorer and mozilla browsers on it and visit speedtest.net to know the server speed,the server was just screen tearing slowly when loading the speedtest graphical result.

When i contacted the support i was told it is because of my location and local internet connection speed.

So please suggest a VPS you are having or had good things to say about while running it from Nigeria.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by babatope88(m): 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
You can try DigitalOcean, I have no experience with them but I do read positive review of their services
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by adewasco2k(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
go with siteground i am using their VPS
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by homebase(m): 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
adewasco2k:
go with siteground i am using their VPS

Thanks for your response, but i check siteground now they don't have VPS.

What they have is shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server and reseller hosting.

I'm my missing something?
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by homebase(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
babatope88:
You can try DigitalOcean, I have no experience with them but I do read positive review of their services

Thanks Babatope, i am afraid the DigitalOcean only have Cloud server and no VPS?
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by sarutobi: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
homebase:

Thanks Babatope, i am afraid the DigitalOcean only have Cloud server and no VPS?

Linode.com

Siteground, Linode, DigitalOcean all offer VPS Services

Cloud computing is internet-based computing in which large groups of remote servers are networked to allow the centralized data storage.....
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by jidez007: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
sarutobi:

Linode.com
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by adewasco2k(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
homebase:

Thanks for your response, but i check siteground now they don't have VPS.

What they have is shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server and reseller hosting.

I'm my missing something?

Yea, you are right they changed their VPS to cloud hosting which I think is better than VPS with respect to scalability and redundancy.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 24, 2014
adewasco2k:

Yea, you are right they changed their VPS to cloud hosting which I think is better than VPS with respect to scalability and redundancy.

Some cloud hosting are actually VPS
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 24, 2014
homebase:
Could anyone recommend a a reliable VPS company you have good experience with.

Basically i want a VPS service i won't experience any slowing,freezing and stuttering.

For example sometimes back i subscribe with an Ameriaca VPS service, when i launched chrome,explorer and mozilla browsers on it and visit speedtest.net to know the server speed,the server was just screen tearing slowly when loading the speedtest graphical result.

When i contacted the support i was told it is because of my location and local internet connection speed.

So please suggest a VPS you are having or had good things to say about while running it from Nigeria.

See: https://www.loadedhost.com/vps-hosting
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by adewasco2k(m): 3:53am On Oct 24, 2014
coolsix:

Some cloud hosting are actually VPS

i think thieirs is VPS because that is what i am using and its same with almost all the VPS i have used in the past only you dont have root access because its a cloud of servers and not just your single server.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by Intellab(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Go for hoswinds. You will get 1gig RAM with unmetered bandwidth for 8 bucks.
I have used them for some time.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by homebase(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Did you use the service from Nigeria?

Because i don't want to hear the company telling me " your location is far from use"

if and when experiencing any slowing,freezing and stuttering challenge.

Intellab:
Go for hoswinds. You will get 1gig RAM with unmetered bandwidth for 8 bucks.
I have used them for some time.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by Intellab(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
homebase:
Did you use the service from Nigeria?

Because i don't want to hear the company telling me " your location is far from use"

if and when experiencing any slowing,freezing and stuttering challenge.

It's not a Nigeria company. You will get 1gig/secs speed depending on your plan.
Make sure you use a fast internet provider while using your RDP.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by homebase(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
I understand that Hostwinds is not a Nigeria company.

I am just asking if you are/have used them, running the VPS in Nigeria.

Because i don't want to experience slowing,freezing and stuttering due to location distance.

Preferably, i want a VPS company which have provision for Africa or Asia.

Anyone using a VPS service here in Nigeria with good thing to say about the service? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Intellab:

It's not a Nigeria company. You will get 1gig/secs speed depending on your plan.
Make sure you use a fast internet provider while using your RDP.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by gidiMonsta(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Use digitalocean or linode. You can't go wrong with either.
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by passyjango(m): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Some popular options for VPS hosting is DigitalOcean and SiteGround like was mentioned by many contributors already. You can also try out Liquid Web and more traditional web hosting companies like GoDaddy and HostGator, they now all offer VPS services. See my list of best VPS Hosting providers https://www.naijatechguide.com/2018/05/best-vps-hosting.html
Re: Please Recommend Me A Reliable VPS (virtual Private Server) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
residential rdp providers anyone can recommend?>

(1) (Reply)

10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin / CAN YOU REBRAND OUR BLOG...? name your fee / Should I Use Whogohost Or Qservers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.