Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre (3098 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / I Need 2004 Tokunbo Mazda3 Engine 2.0litre / Why Did Nigeria Change From Righthand Drive To Lefthand Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by qeemus: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hi guys,please what is the effect of changing my 1.8litre engine to 2.0litre engine.The car in question is a passat 2000 model manual transmission.Picture attached

Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by AutosBay(m): 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
The bigger the engine capacity, the faster the car, which means more fuel consumption, and less engine vibration. For example, depending on the make of the car, 3.5l might be making 21miles/gallon while 1.8l might be making 30mile/gallon. i drive a 3.0l V6 accord. I love the car and will never go for a 4-cylinder car again.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by qeemus: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
@autosbay,are you saying that apart from fuel consumption,there is no other side effect after.I'm asking because i just priced the two engines and the 2.0 liter seems to be cheaper than the 1.8.
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
qeemus:
Hi guys,please what is the effect of changing my 1.8litre engine to 2.0litre engine.The car in question is a passat 2000 model manual transmission.Picture attached

Do yourself a favor and just replace same for same.

You may be opening up a can of worms with ecu and stuff.

Why not just rebuild the engine you already have?
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
qeemus:

Surely you mean downgrading a 2.8 litre to a 2.0 litre? Because the picture you've posted is a 2.8 V6 30V.
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Siena:

Surely you mean downgrading a 2.8 litre to a 2.0 litre? Because the picture you've posted is a 2.8 V6 30V.

I thought I was seeing things.

I saw the emblem and then counted the intake runners but I just thought maybe 9ja things dey happen grin
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by qeemus: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks for the correction@siena..so,what's your view?
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by lonelydora: 1:33am On Oct 24, 2014
CityNG:

Do yourself a favor and just replace same for same.
You may be opening up a can of worms with ecu and stuff.
Why not just rebuild the engine you already have?

Just do this and you will be having a sound sleep daily.
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:20am On Oct 24, 2014
Siena:

grin grin grin

qeemus:
@autosbay,are you saying that apart from fuel consumption,there is no other side effect after.I'm asking because i just priced the two engines and the 2.0 liter seems to be cheaper than the 1.8.

No shortcut.
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by oblo(m): 5:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Why do you want to swap engines? This same engine I am seeing here cost about 60k or less at the. almighty Itire grin

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by qeemus: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2014
@obio..the engine is 120k o

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 24, 2014
qeemus:

OP, we no want tear jacking tales that touches the heart o, Na V6 be that and you wan go on a mission to downgrade to i4? That's a white elephant project in Naija trust me.

Well, if you still wanna go about the swap, no problem, just hit me up for prayers and moral support when it goes haywire grin
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2014
qeemus:

You still haven't said what's wrong with the 2.8 V6 your car left the factory with.

What IS wrong with the current engine??
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by noel76(m): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2014
@qeemus pls permit me to use ur trend, @ gurus in the house I hav dis exact car 1999 passat 4motion v6 the problem here is dat it overheat seriously in less than 5 minutes wen u start d car I hav discussed d issue wit some mech. Some said d gasket is burnt or heater core bt I dnt know who to belive bcus I tink its trial and error. Note problem wit 1st bad radiator fan and later radiator which were replaced at diff interval and again I discovered dat d 2 hoses connected to d heater core at d dash has been block. D has been used for abt 2yrs bought as nigerian used. Engine is perfectlt ok no smoke no oil shortage. Tanks for ur quick response.
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by oblo(m): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2014
qeemus:
@obio..the engine is 120k o

Bro I bought that. same engine myself @ 60k so am not speaking from hear say. Call this dude at itire. Name is Kingsley 07061519515.

NB: Why u come downgrade my name na? angry angry Abeg no swap my name from 2.8ltr V6 to 1.8ltr I4 abeg..its spelt Oblo and NOT Obio grin grin
Re: Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre by qeemus: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
@oblo,correction noted sir grin but the engine 2.8litre tokunbo engine is 120k,while the 2.0litre engine is cheaper.I finally bought the 2.8 engine.Installation starts on friday.
@siena,engine has been giving lots of problems,the last was engine stalled while in motion,i changed the valves and some other components but the car has not been the same.I later on discovered a light brown oil like substance in the radiator,gasket was changed,after a while the problem occurred again.I was eventually advised to change the engine by my mechanic.

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Gear Box Service And Maintenance... / Top 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World Nigerians Can’t Afford [see Prices] / Toyota Corolla 1999 Model And Toyota Camry 99 Model( Tiny Light) Conparism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.