Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

The Wedding Dress In Those Days - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Wedding Dress In Those Days (11735 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 2:35am On Aug 04, 2006
aint they cute than those of today. I mean the traditional ones, or what do you feel?

Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 2:47am On Aug 04, 2006
YEAH THEY CUTE BUT WHATS DIS? "ALAARI" OR "OFI".
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 3:12am On Aug 04, 2006
this is ofi havent heard of the alari one b4
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by hotangel2(f): 3:18am On Aug 04, 2006
Cute, but i wouldn't be caught dead in that. Forgive me, i mean it's cute and all. But lord.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 3:22am On Aug 04, 2006
hot-angel:

Cute, but i wouldn't be caught dead in that. Forgive me, i mean it's cute and all. But lord.
probably u are the kind of ladies who wear strapless on their weding day and very short skirts that everybody other than the groom will get a glimpse of wat the bride u know, posses;making the pastor jittery. grin
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by hotangel2(f): 3:38am On Aug 04, 2006
Im the opposite of that.

I wouldn't be caught in mini skirt on my wedding day. I just dnt wanna be caught in a babariga either. There r cute traditional outfit styles our there.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by GABITINTO(m): 6:07am On Aug 04, 2006
even this days people still have wedding's and put on traditional wear,there is the traditional and the english as time passes by fashion goes its own way and there is change in the tread as time passes,so those of old follow there own tread while people of now follow there's so i dont think there is criticism to that.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babe1(f): 6:14am On Aug 04, 2006
I don't wear traditional outfits but we wore it for our traditional wedding, my hubby and i changed into it twice and we loved it cheesy and looked great. I hope you don't say traditional wedding and dress English or wear a wedding gown. That defeats the purpose of traditional wedding though. Yes those two do look lovely i must say.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by carmelily: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2006
was that really a wedding in that pic? undecided
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
carmelily:

was that really a wedding in that pic? undecided
No it wasnt a wedding,its an election for who to become the baale of your village(lol) what does it look like to you?
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2006
cheesy  cheesy cheesy
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2006
thats an ibadan guy for you .sharp tongued.
that was an harmless qeustion u no
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 8:22pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ dolly pee
that was funny but isnt the picture explanatory enuff
and i think another topic should be "Are ibadan people sharp-tongued?" Pple always say that andi believe its true. We even have a festival for insulting each other. Can u believe that?
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2006
really? whats d name of d festival. tot  u from oyo town.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by desiree(f): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2006
Nice outfit but it have been worn way back in those days grin grin
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2006
dolly -pee:

really? whats d name of d festival. tot u from oyo town.
nope am from ibadan, even my popsie is in the line of a mogaji in his household. I forgot what the name of the festival is but i am very sure we have such a festival where everybody is free to insult anybody. check out travel i posted the topic there just now.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2006
kool.also gat a grandma who is d iyalode of iwaree.i tot u were refern 2 d "oloolu" festival,dont no if ya remember dat,but i hate dat festival.where in ib are u from?
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2006
dolly -pee:

kool.also gat a grandma who is d iyalode of iwaree.i tot u were refern to the "oloolu" festival,don't no if ya remember that,but i hate that festival.where in ib are u from?
OH i remember the oloolu festival,where ladies are not allowed to walk on the streets during the festival, that was very scary cus when i was little i went to Oritamefa Baptist Nursery/primary school,very close to oje, beere,mapo and inner and core ibadan where the oloolu was predominant. I am from Oja-Igbo(?) but i stayed in oke-itunu,mokola area before evaporating to ilu-oyinbo.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2006
i no oja igbo,very close to beyerunka,ode-aje,aremo ,oranyan and some other places .my dad is also from aremo , lived with my great grandmum at akanran 4 a while ,our house is @ OLD IFE rd didnt stay for long there ,prefered  living in d  ghetto back in d days because its fun.
but how in heavens name did u come across all those funny  pics? with d "gombo" on  cheeks.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
cool so u are also an ibadanian(lol). spent some holiday with grandmum too. Always there during the Ileya-festival as u know there are a lot of muslims in that area.found the pics on the internet.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2006
where in iluoyinbo are u @ cheesy cheesy cheesy
im in maryland.and funny enough i also went omolewa n/p very close 2 ur schl .also gat some friends @ cocacola ,b.j rentals area to be precise.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2006
I am in ATL,GA. we seem to have a lot in common(lol). Dont tell me u went to methodist grammar school bodija ibadan.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dollypee1(f): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2006
no i went to queens schl ibadan,one of d popular schls back then.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2006
queens school was known for having very cute gurls then.queens gurls were always hanging out with GCI guys
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by towseen(f): 12:27am On Aug 05, 2006
I agree wit u
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 1:20am On Aug 05, 2006
towseen:

I agree wit u
which skool u go wey u dey agree with me?
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by nike4luv(f): 1:40am On Aug 05, 2006
babaibadan is really babaibadan lol shocked

orita challenge 4 lyfe cheesy
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by dondele(m): 1:41am On Aug 05, 2006
show me a girl dat will wear dat and i will show u my wife. grin grin grin
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 1:51am On Aug 05, 2006
dondele:

show me a girl that will wear that and i will show u my wife. grin grin grin
dondele i feel you jare, u are still connected to the base,which is the african heritage.Keep it up or u better say u cant afford a wedding gown(lol). just kidding man.
nike4luv:

babaibadan is really babaibadan lol shocked

orita challenge 4 lyfe cheesy
are u from ibadan?
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by nike4luv(f): 1:52am On Aug 05, 2006
hell yeh! cheesy

good tyme good stuff
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by babaibadan(m): 1:55am On Aug 05, 2006
nike4luv:

hell yeh! cheesy

good tyme good stuff
which area of ibadan? ajebota area or core ibadan. I am a mixture of both.
Re: The Wedding Dress In Those Days by nike4luv(f): 1:57am On Aug 05, 2006
orita challenge, the abegunde area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christening Ceremony / 2014 Ibadan Festival Kicks Off / Fans Refuse To Attend Keri Hilson's Show In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.