Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? (58266 Views)

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity / D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? / D'banj Vs P'square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Enthony: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2014
wayray:
D'BANJ reping YORUBAS since birth.. D'BANJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AN OMO IBO.
guy...u be complete foolish fool.....wats d problem wif ppl of low IQ like urs,tribalistic riffraff

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by unitysheart(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2014
pendulumdarky:

I am dropping this note for the haters who are about to start bashing d'banj.You guys claim don jazzy has been doing well but the weird moment you realize don jazzy and the whole mavin crew only did 1 major concert in the last 2 years, had mtn endorsement which was shared among the whole mavins and had a cheap loya milk endorsement while d'banj on the other hand.

1)Re-signed a bettr deal with Globacom
2)He became ONE campaign ambassador and was on the same stage with president of world bank
3)He won world music awards
4)His song"Top of the world was the AFCON theme" and was performed at the AFCON 2013 closing ceremony held in South Africa.
5)He also performed at the Hackney Weekend to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics, which was headlined by Jay-Z and Rihanna
6)He was also selected as the Ambassador of Bank of Industry
7)He was signed to Mercury Records
coolHe became the ambassador for BEATS by dre
9)His song "Bother you" was the official sound track of half of the yellow sun movie
10)He also went into partnership with signed Sony Music Entertainment
11)He also headlined Hennessy Artestry 2013 alone. which also gave him the opportunity to travel to france to make his own brand of hennesy(Legendary)
12)In that 2 years his hit song was all over european charts.

If i am not mistaken, no artist in Nigeria has been able to achieve this feet of success in just 2 years.Open your eyes well and see who the real boss is.I think Don jazzy should just go back and beg d'banj because when tiwa leaves mavins then he will blame himself..Don jazzy is till pretty much doing the same thing he has been doing all this while,and you guys call that progress!!!! D'banj is the real meaning of progress here to me.I am sure don jazzy has gone down financially a bit because d'banj is the main artist who brought many deals and endorsements during mohits era. Tiwa didn't even sign a full contract with mavin so maybe don jazzy is only getting 20% from whatever tiwa makes.

I will also advice the new mavin kids to leave before they end up like wande because i remember he never had a house or a big car or made any progress but thank God later he grabbed an endorsement after he left.The mavin kids can just start working alone and make it like davido,oritse femi, patoranking and so on..Because if they do not leave, Don jazzy will only use them like he used wande.

Wow, I like your analytical skills bro. Welcome.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by ideylaff: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Chigold101:
point of order dear friend. Your ability to remain financially wealthy has nothing to do with you being connectect to world powers but your ability to remain disciplened and focused. I think both dbanji and donjazzy had make remakable progress in thier life pusiut. What dbanji would avoid is over dependent and closseness with world politicians becasue they cant be trusted. Being an african and a nigerian they might decide to run him down and destroy him anyday they wish. I think he should somehow still protect his music carreer cos that was and is still his starting point.

Spot on.

Appearing on TED or hanging around Bono and the likes of The world BANK is like an NGO Project, does not add millions to your pocket. but creates awareness and gives you presence.

What Dbanj now has to do is use the platform of bn a recognised voice and face round the world and get his management team to use that to add value to his core business and focus : =Music/Entertainment.

If he does that he his on a winning train.

Last time I had a look at him financially (ds is from what I am privy to) , due to his I need to keep up appearance be all around the world mind-set, he was haemorrhaging a lot of hard earned cash in expenses and crew with me 24/7 all around him.

If Dbanj builds on his brand with his face bn all over the world, he will be laughing all the way to the bank.

At the moment he's just keeping up appearances and all that does is drain your pocket... ie ur spending more than what is coming in.

If he calms down more and focuses he will be laughing with Success>>>>>>>.......

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendulumdarky:

I am dropping this note for the haters who are about to start bashing d'banj.You guys claim don jazzy has been doing well but the weird moment you realize don jazzy and the whole mavin crew only did 1 major concert in the last 2 years, had mtn endorsement which was shared among the whole mavins and had a cheap loya milk endorsement while d'banj on the other hand.
2)He became ONE campaign ambassador and was on the same stage with president of world bank
4)His song"Top of the world was the AFCON theme" and was performed at the AFCON 2013 closing ceremony held in South Africa.
5)He also performed at the Hackney Weekend to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics, which was headlined by Jay-Z and Rihanna
9)His song "Bother you" was the official sound track of half of the yellow sun movie
10)He also went into partnership with Sony Music Entertainment
11)He also headlined Hennessy Artestry 2013 alone. which also gave him the opportunity to travel to france to make his own brand of hennesy(Legendary)
12)In that 2 years his hit song was all over European charts.
If i am not mistaken, no artist in Nigeria has been able to achieve this feet of success in just 2 years.Open your eyes well and see who the real boss is.I think Don jazzy should just go back and beg d'banj because when tiwa leaves mavins then he will blame himself..Don jazzy is still pretty much doing the same thing he has been doing all this while,and you guys call that progress!!!! D'banj is the real meaning of progress here to me.I am sure don jazzy has gone down financially a bit because d'banj is the main artist who brought many deals and endorsements during mohits era. Tiwa didn't even sign a full contract with mavin so maybe don jazzy is only getting 20% from whatever tiwa makes.
I will also advice the new mavin kids to leave before they end up like wande,because i remember he never had a house or a big car or made any progress but thank God he later grabbed an endorsement after he left.The mavin kids can just start working alone and make it like davido,oritse femi, patoranking and so on..Because if they do not leave, Don jazzy will only use them like he used wande.

This is the most sincere post here.

Tribalism fueled a lot of responses here. The Igbos here will NEVER vote for a Yoruba over their own. lai lai!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by OGHENE316(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
d 1 dat has cash 4 his mother's wormb,d'banj d big fish

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dellaziz(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
strangest:
Funny enough, I have not seen koko mobile or garri in the market, I seriously think dbanj is over hyped... No music from Kenya west... No music from Lee Family...

Meanwhile don Jazzy is touring the world... Today its UK, maybe US is next...

I am a huge fan of both and what brought me close to them is music, seems like dbanj has dropped music therefore my fan loyalty to him is gradually coming to an end because what initially connected me to him was music

EXACTLY PPL HAVE VERY SHORT MEMORIES AND THINK ALL GLITTERING STUFFS R MADE OF GOLD...
KOKO MOBILE... FAILURE.... KOKO LOUNGE... FAILURE...KOKO WATER.. ZERO.... MERCURY/GOOD MUSIC DEAL....NOTHING..... BUH HE JUST CONSTANTLY MAKES NOISE.. AND SNAPS WITH DANGOTE AND AGRIC MINISTER..ppl LIKE PPL WHO DECEIVE DEM A LOT WITH FANFARE AND NO SUBSTANCE
PAPA J already has his mavin oil up...and I can bet its no noise making deal...

7 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Aida13: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
Don Jazzy is more locally known while D'banj has gone international in a big way. Endorsements, recognition and popularity is more on D'banj's side though I don't see all the fuss about his music (which I think is arrant rubbish).

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by pendulumdarky: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
dellaziz:

EXACTLY PPL HAVE VERY SHORT MEMORIES AND THINK ALL GLITTERING STUFFS R MADE OF GOLD...
KOKO MOBILE... FAILURE.... KOKO LOUNGE... FAILURE...KOKO WATER.. ZERO.... MERCURY/GOOD MUSIC DEAL....NOTHING..... BUH HE JUST CONSTANTLY MAKES NOISE.. AND SNAPS WITH DANGOTE AND AGRIC MINISTER..ppl LIKE PPL WHO DECEIVE DEM A LOT WITH FANFARE AND NO SUBSTANCE
PAPA J already has his mavin oil up...and I can bet its no noise making deal...

Its actually don jazzy who makes noise here , callinghimself doro boss when he is not even a boss.. There is news everywhere online that he is not even the owner of mavins.. That is hw he faked many people to think he was the ower of mohits but we later found out it was co owned...remember your don jazzy opened a club and closed it but d'banj's business is still functioning.He didn't close any of those listed above and he hasn't even launched all that yet. He only launched koko garri...

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by sexzskil(f): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
post=27407316:
d banj don turn business man o..but doro jazzy dey make cool cash too sha.. but d banj is now properly connected to world powers so he will hardly b broke but jazzy getting broke is possible
Who are the ''world powers'' you talking about? World powers ko, powers of heaven ni. One small dbanj. Dumbskull! sad

4 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Kylekent59: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
MillionDollars:
niqqas be like
that is a teddy
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Davotee(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
unitysheart:
While Don Jazzy has since gone ahead to establish and promote his Mavins crew, D'Banj has not really done much with his Lee group. However, he is one artiste from Nigeria whose name is now being sung far and beyond Aftica and Nigeria at this moment. HIS last presentation at TEDxWBG is out of this space and he has done so much for agriculture and on ending poverty.

Please check the video here at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXqG40WH68

Abeg, make una share your opinion on who has grown more out of Don Jazzy and Dbanj.
unitysheart:
While Don Jazzy has since gone ahead to establish and promote his Mavins crew, D'Banj has not really done much with his Lee group. However, he is one artiste from Nigeria whose name is now being sung far and beyond Aftica and Nigeria at this moment. HIS last presentation at TEDxWBG is out of this space and he has done so much for agriculture and on ending poverty.

Abeg, make una share your opinion on who has grown more out of Don Jazzy and Dbanj.
unitysheart:

how i wan know??
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dellaziz(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendulumdarky:

Its actually don jazzy who makes noise here , callinghimself doro boss when he is not even a boss.. There is news everywhere online that he is not even the owner of mavins.. That is hw he faked many people to think he was the ower of mohits but we later found out it was co owned...remember your don jazzy opened a club and closed it but d'banj's business is still functioning.He didn't close any of those listed above and he hasn't even launched all that yet. He only launched koko garri...
and dbanj is not making noise with all his LEE EJANLA OMINI and all oda names...where is KOKO MOBILE.. KOKO LOUNGE...MISS KOKOLET AND D remaining ova hyped ventures... papa j has a lot of stakes in mavins... just like EME is co owned by d demuren brodaz and banky w...buh banky is d poster boi....storm is owned by obi asika and olisa and co..yet obi asika is d poster guy..chocolate city is also co owned by d maikori brodas.. bello osagie and MI... yet audu maikori is d poster guy
so if papa j is d poster guy of mavins and d oda partners decide to remain in d background dat doesn't make papa j a fraud

6 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Tobetoe(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Am D'banj

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by pendulumdarky: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
dellaziz:

and dbanj is not making noise with all his LEE EJANLA OMINI and all oda names...where is KOKO MOBILE.. KOKO LOUNGE...MISS KOKOLET AND D remaining ova hyped ventures... papa j has a lot of stakes in mavins... just like EME is co owned by d demuren brodaz and banky w...buh banky is d poster boi....storm is owned by obi asika and olisa and co..yet obi asika is d poster guy..chocolate city is also co owned by d maikori brodas.. bello osagie and MI... yet audu maikori is d poster guy
so if papa j is d poster guy of mavins and d oda partners decide to remain in d background dat doesn't make papa j a fraud

Without all those noise nobody will even know mohits or don jazzy. And koko mobile has not been launched yet.. Only the garri has been launched officially under the brand. Do your research well

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
I hope for D'banj's sakes that he keeps his head down.

Fame and Power has a way of bringing down people if not handled well.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by sexzskil(f): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendulumdarky:

10)He also went into partnership with Sony Music Entertainment
12)In that 2 years his hit song was all over European charts.

If i am not mistaken, no artist in Nigeria has been able to achieve this feet of success in just 2 years.Open your eyes well and see who the real boss is.I think Don jazzy should just go back and beg d'banj because when tiwa leaves mavins then he will blame himself..Don jazzy is still pretty much doing the same thing he has been doing all this while,and you guys call that progress!!!! D'banj is the real meaning of progress here to me.I am sure don jazzy has gone down financially a bit because d'banj is the main artist who brought many deals and endorsements during mohits era. Tiwa didn't even sign a full contract with mavin so maybe don jazzy is only getting 20% from whatever tiwa makes.

I will also advice the new mavin kids to leave before they end up like wande,because i remember he never had a house or a big car or made any progress but thank God he later grabbed an endorsement after he left.The mavin kids can just start working alone and make it like davido,oritse femi, patoranking and so on..Because if they do not leave, Don jazzy will only use them like he used wande.

I am sure the top firms & companies in Nigeria would have seen his speech on TEDxWBG. And people will keep wondering why they keep choosing D'banj as their brand ambassador. The guy get packaging no be small.. HE IS A LIVING LEGEND!
SEXzskil, IS A GLOBAL LIVING LEGEND!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by DaGC(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
If Don Jazzy had been an artiste, it might have been a near fairer comparison. That he sings a little bit doesn't make him an artiste. Dr Dre released two albums but even him sees himself as a producer. Same way Cobhams sang a few songs but everyone knows he's a producer.

Everybody screaming endorsements, its rare for producers to get endorsed. They are usually behind the scenes. Brands want the familiar faces on/using their products. That's why we don't usually get to see Dre, 7 Aurelius, Sars, Del B, Irv Gotti, Scott Storch etc getting endorsements compared to em 50Cent, Minaj, Breezy, Beyonce etc.

In my opinion, people really shouldn't count snapping pictures with other prominent people as achievements. Me snapping a picture with Tubaba or Zuckerberg doesn't really add to my account so I wouldn't count it as an achievement.

I think they are both doing good since the break up. Its not like others e.g KC Presh, Plantashun boiz etc. Both 'Banger Lee' and 'Doro Boss' are doing good.

7 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by IJIGGAH(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
This is like conparing 2face with CEOs of Kennis Muzik.Mavin Record is Kennis Muzik of our generation.Don Jazzy is JayZ of Africa.Dbanj is begging for endorsement and shows these days.He's using Agriculture as a yarstic for begging for Rubs.This is call"Modern/corperate Beggers."

7 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dellaziz(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendulumdarky:

Without all those noise nobody will even know mohits or don jazzy. And koko mobile has not been launched yet.. Only the garri has been launched officially under the brand. Do your research well
Lol...who made who.. papa j has been in music business since like forever...he produced ijoya 4 weird mc..hit songs for sauce kid and d likes... which was d last hit if papa j...and dat of Dbanj..dorobucci is fresh and has IDJA all over it...oliver twist which is about UG LEE'S last hit b4 top of d world has IDJA all ova it too.. so yarn Anoda 1..and koko mobile was launched.. with advertisement in newspapers..it jus no sell...so no yarn dat 1... UG LEE makes a lot of noise o jare

4 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
But this guy is looking good sha.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by pendulumdarky: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
dellaziz:

Lol...who made who.. papa j has been in music business since like forever...he produced ijoya 4 weird mc..hit songs for sauce kid and d likes... which was d last hit if papa j...and dat of Dbanj..dorobucci is fresh and has IDJA all over it...oliver twist which is about UG LEE'S last hit b4 top of d world has IDJA all ova it too.. so yarn Anoda 1..and koko mobile was launched.. with advertisement in newspapers..it jus no sell...so no yarn dat 1... UG LEE makes a lot of noise o jare

Ok good but did you know don jazzy when he produced ijoya?? Thanks to d'banj who always calls out don jazzy's name on every intro of their song.If not .. nobody will know him

3 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by obayaya(m): 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Akbee:
its dbanj!don jazzy is yet to go places like his former label mate..he is stl much of a local champion than a go getcha/hustler while dbanj has left his comfort zones to compete with others.he has achieved much in the area of agriculture with his koko garri project n he just got an endorsement deal with dr dre's beat company..like the op ealier state,he is now on the lips of virtually everybody.although,he is yet to gain much ground musically.all he nds to do is to reinvent his styles..
its obvious sum dude wud say dat it was don jazzy who took dbanj outta d dust..but one thing is crystal clear:no oda person has rli benefited immensely from dbanj's talent dan don jazzy.Much of the connections he got bak in the days came from dbanj.

Going into anything and everything without much success doesn't make you a hustler... Dbanj has become average since after the breakup and is just trying his hands on everything without much success.

Don Jazzy however continued cooking up beats, signing awesome artists and is now the indisputable "Lord Liege" of Nigeria Music Industry.

5 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by obayaya(m): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
strangest:
Funny enough, I have not seen koko mobile or garri in the market, I seriously think dbanj is over hyped... No music from Kenya west... No music from Lee Family...

Meanwhile don Jazzy is touring the world... Today its UK, maybe US is next...

I am a huge fan of both and what brought me close to them is music, seems like dbanj has dropped music therefore my fan loyalty to him is gradually coming to an end because what initially connected me to him was music

My point exactly!!!

And his so called diversification has been below average. He's just trying his hands on everything

3 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by buggaboo: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Don Jazzy is an Engineer
Dbanj is a Marketer

Don Jazzy is Apple (Innovation)
Dbanj is Samsung(Opportunists, business efficiency)

Dbanj has grown more since the split.
However, the engineer Don jazzy will eventually win. He just needs to keep on honing his marketing and business skills.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by wayray: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Enthony:
guy...u be complete foolish fool.....wats d problem wif ppl of low IQ like urs,tribalistic riffraff

NOW , who is the COMPLETE FOOLISH FOOL? By insulting me ............OLOSHI OMO AJOKUTA MAMUMI.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by wayray: 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
cirmuell:
okay so I saw your name and decided there's no point cussing you out.

Good for u.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by pendulumdarky: 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
buggaboo:
Don Jazzy is an Engineer
Dbanj is a Marketer

Don Jazzy is Apple (Innovation)
Dbanj is Samsung(Opportunists, business efficiency)

Dbanj has grown more since the split.
However, the engineer Don jazzy will eventually win. He just needs to keep on honing his marketing and business skills.

Don jazzy will eventually win ?? really?? Will don jazzy do music forever? Is it possible ?? Don jazzy's beats will get outdate one day same way many producer and record label went down. But d'banj is already building that legacy and future for himself.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dellaziz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=pendulumdarky post=27412629]

Ok good but did you know don jazzy when he produced ijoya?? Thanks to d'banj who always calls out don jazzy's name on every intro of their song.If not .. nobody will know him[/quote

and who knew dbanj when he was in 419 squad..he is not even a talented singer, hr has no goof voice if not because of the melodious beats papa j cooks

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dellaziz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
make I un follow d topic e don dey bore me
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by vodkat: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
You don't have something better to think about ni.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by pendulumdarky: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=dellaziz post=27413210][/quote]

What melodious beats? how come the beats can't save his brothers life dprince or save dr sid's live.. Why did he have to sign new artst?? D'banj is multi talented, he can even do acoustics live shows without even lyp syncing .. If you do not believe go and watch bother you acoustic by d'banj.. He is by far the biggest artist in naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of Ini Edo And Her Younger Brother / Esther Agunbiade Strikes A Pose In Skimpy Dress / Nina And Khloe In A Relationship With Kelechi Iheanacho?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.