Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker (929 Views)

Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by adepiero: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2014
A jobless man applied for the position of 'office boy' at Microsoft.

The HR manager interviewed him, then gave him a test: clean the floor. The man passed the test with flying colors.

"You are hired," HR manager informed the applicant, "give me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the application for employment, as well as the date you should report for work. The man replied " I don't have a computer, or an email!"

"I'm sorry," said the HR manager. "If you don't have an email, that means you do not exist. And we cannot hire persons who do not exist."

The man was very disappointed. He didn't know what to do. He only had $10 with him. Once that is spent, he won't have any money to buy any food.

He went to the supermarket and bought a crate of tomatoes with his $10. He went from door to door and sold the tomatoes in less than two hours. He doubled his money. He repeated the operation three times, and returned home with $60. He realized that he can survive this way. He started to go everyday earlier, and return late.

He doubled or tripled his money every day. Soon, he bought a cart, then a truck. In a very short time, he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles.

Five years later, the man became one of the biggest food retailers in the U. S. He started to plan his family's future, and decided to have a life insurance. He called an insurance broker, and chose a protection plan.

At the end of the conversation, the broker asked him for his email address.
The man replied: ' I don't have an email.'
The broker was dumbfounded. "You don't have an email, and yet have succeeded in building an empire. Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an email?," he exclaimed.
The man thought for a while, and replied, "an office boy at Microsoft!"

If you just lost your Job or Just failed an Interview Don't worry be Optimistic..... Good days are on the way and something better is reserved for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by LaurelP(m): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2014
OK
Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by adonbilivit: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2014
read
Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by Bigloaf: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Motivational.
Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
KEY NOTE: FOR EVERY DISSAPPOINTMENT COMES A BLESSING.
Re: Words Of Encouragement To A Job Seeker by adepiero: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
KEY NOTE: FOR EVERY DISSAPPOINTMENT COMES A BLESSING.
That's true but for this story, its a bit different.

This story teaches us not to confine all our effort in one place! there are lots of opportunities but people confine themselves to just one thing.

while growing up, I've met people who used to say that its either they go to a certain university or they won't go to school at all. I've met friends who were good in art but instead opt for science and in the end they failed not because they weren't brilliant but that's not their area.

I wish every Nigerian youth could take advice from this story, that way unemployment would reduce.

(1) (Reply)

Guinness Nigeria Plc Job Vacancies (7 Positions) / Urgent: Vacancy For Trainee Facilities/process Engineers / Inec Recruitment For 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.