Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Genital Herpes Infection ; What You Should Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genital Herpes Infection ; What You Should Know (2048 Views)

Beware Of Genital Herpes / Genital Herpes Infection ; What You Should Know / CAN TOILET INFECTION CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIOD IN A LADY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Genital Herpes Infection ; What You Should Know by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
GENITAL HERPES

I shall be Starting my discussion today with genital herpes , it is one of the commonest genital lesions encountered in clinical practice.  Genital herpes is caused by a virus known as the herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV 2) , it is a sexually transmitted infection characterised by formation of vesicles and painful blisters, that reoccurs. These blisters usually occurs around the external Instruments (glans penis,clitoris, labia,anus, n maybe the buttocks).

SYMPTOMS

Most people get infected with genital herpes without developing any symptom and go Unnoticed , symptoms usually starts manifesting about 4 to 7 days after infection with the virus, and begins with the appearance of clustered papules that later develop into blisters and become painful , most clients tend to present to the clinic at this stage of the illness…        Other symptoms include, itching at the site,  burning feel.    Very rarely :headaches , fever ,  discharge (now these symptoms re really very rare)

Usually after about 2 to 3 weeks most of these lesions crust(dry up) and gets healed.

TREATMENT

Generally almost all viral infections have no cure as is the case of genital herpes, although most physician could choose to introduce some antiviral medications to help hasten relieve of symptoms and give the infection a shorter duration and course, moreso antiviral medications are usually more beneficial when started during the early onset of symptoms (more reason why u need to visit your physician on time), other remedies include analgesics (pain killers) and other drugs to help relieve your symptoms

REOCCURRENCE AND PROGNOSIS

Herpes infection has a very high rate of re occurrence (more especially HSV2) about 80%. After healing it might reoccur 4 or more times in a year.

Prognosis (outcome) is generally good for herpes as most time it subsides without a sequele

I’ll end my topic by writing as I always do “prevention is better than cure(as many illnesses don’t have cure)” and preventive measures as practising safe sex (condoms) could go a long way in preventing this …. thank you very much as always

Dr. Ray……

http://raymedicalworld./2014/10/24/genital-herpes/?preview=true&preview_id=67&preview_nonce=f768ee415c

U can click on my blog and see more dermatological anomaly

Re: Genital Herpes Infection ; What You Should Know by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Shit.....tthis pic is too grosss....

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of A Baby Boy Born Without Anus In Jos / The Flat Tummy And Weightloss Herbs / Natural Remedy For Sperm Leakage-eda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.