Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home (3377 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. / Going Home To Look For A Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by plappville(f): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2008
Nice one there!
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Angolobabe(f): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2008
skydiver:

Dear,

I am also an "oyibo" and married a women from PH 3 years ago. I did my traditional wedding in the "village" of her father who died years ago. On that time it was more safe in the Delta than now, someone have understand that well because for the moment the Delta is not safe for "oyibo" even not for Naija women who are married with "whites" Because its not only MEND who come for there rights, but a lot of bad people who have nothing to do with MEND kidnapping whites because of the randsom the ask for it. Even MEND is not happy with it. It is nice to hear you take care for your white husband and because you are in Europe you know he have to work very hard for his women, even here in Europe money don't grow on trees, its not the land of milk and honey as mush people think.
Try to educate your father, brothers and sisters, as for me my Nigerian family is wonderfull, whole my traditional wedding was arrange by my wife mother, she don't even tell the village that I was an "oyibo"! The village (elders) see it when the brougt me out for the ceremony. So I don't pay any kobo more than a Nigerian man will do.
I can tell you it was a great thing and expirence for me and all the participants.
Its 3 years ago that I was last time in PH, sometimes my wife come over here or we take a vacation in Benin Republic or Ghana and enjoy every moment together. Yes I want to go back to PH and hope the situation will be peacefull some day so that I can go out there enjoy the good moments I have in D-Plaza between all the Naija people and not lock me up in the house for my own safety and that of my wife and family.
The only advice I can give you is that you must enjoy every piece of life, enjoy your marriage and time will bring solution.
Try to convince your father and family of the situation right now, when the love you the will understand.

thanks alot for ur advice and I'm glad u know how unsafe  PH is at the moment and why I'm  looking for other ways in getting it done without i and my husband going to nigeria,ur very right about a woman married to an oyibo how on safe it is for her also as they think over there that someone married to oyibo is very rich which is not correct.when i visited nigeria 5 months ago i had to watch my shoulder always and keep a low profile because of this kidnapping .ur very lucky u got urs done 3 years ago,OMG the fact that ur mother in-law didnt inform the village elders that ur oyibo is so cool and interesting i suppose they were surprised when they saw u on ur traditional wedding day thats a great idea,i have learnt from that smiley i will try to convince my parents at the moment and keep things on hold for now until there situation over there gets better or else i might do it here in europe
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Arlington(f): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2008
Angolobabe, just keep talking to your dad i guess he will wait or you can just send money down.
Don't take your husband at all to Ph , My friends husband was kidnapped but released later after eating enough kpokpo garri and dry worms grin
No matter the pressure now just don't take him to PH.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Angolobabe(f): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
Thanks alot for ur advice,we have decided to suspend everything until PH is stable and my dad is ok with it for now.sorry about ur friends hubby,poor guy so they didnt even treat him good i suspose he will hate Nigeria now sad or are they still living in Nigeria after what happened to him ?

Arlington:

Angolobabe, just keep talking to your dad i guess he will wait or you can just send money down.
Don't take your husband at all to Ph , My friends husband was kidnapped but released later after eating enough kpokpo garri and dry worms grin
No matter the pressure now just don't take him to PH.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Arlington(f): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2008
He asked to be transfared to another country , he still loves Nigeria but he just cant go there for a now.The funny part is they did not beat him up or anything they treated him OK , but when you are kidnapped with people with guns there is nothing OK about it.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Angolobabe(f): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2008
Arlington:

He asked to be transfared to another country , he still loves Nigeria but he just can't go there for a now.The funny part is they did not beat him up or anything they treated him OK , but when you are kidnapped with people with guns there is nothing OK about it.
im glad he was ok and that they didnt treat him bad .
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by na2day2(m): 2:28am On Aug 01, 2009
@ poster

must u have traditional marriage? i dont understand u ppl undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2009
i am not sure it is possible.
You will have to go and take care of biz now.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by davidif: 5:42am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster
Me too, i want to do traditional but i want to do it only in naija.

must u have traditional marriage? i dont understand u ppl

Yes o, in fact, i have actually thought of only having a traditional wedding and not a church wedding.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by na2day2(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2009
davidif:

Yes o, in fact, i have actually thought of only having a traditional wedding and not a church wedding.

fine but u dont have 2 do both
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by Anabel(f): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2009
yeah i have witnessed one myself, a sister to a close friend, they need the certificate. cos he wants his wife to come join him overseas so his best friend sat on his behalf, the certificate is the main thing. i don't see anything wrong in it.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by davidif: 4:30am On Oct 01, 2009
na2day?:

fine but u dont have 2 do both

Why not? I am a christian so it is inevitable that i have a church wedding so that the pastor can bless it.
Re: How Can Someone Living Abroad Have A Good Traditional Wedding Without Going Home by ayomidej(f): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
People cannot be bothered about the whole thing and the stress

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares Encounter With A Woman Who Brought Her Kids And Maid To Restaurant / Adorable Photos Of World’s Smallest Woman And Her Husband / In Memory Of My Baby """"2001 - 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.