Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? (1405 Views)

Chilling Picture Shows 'demon' Watching Over Unborn Baby In Ultrasound Scan / A Mother's Letter To Her Unborn Child / How Can Someone Increase The Smartness And Intelligence Of An Unborn Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by cancerlib: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Is it normal for family to inquire about d sex of an unborn baby and is it ok to tell them?
We r nigerians afterall,lol.
My MIL wants to know, this is my first child and i really want to know if its ok to tell.
TIA
Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by mirajune: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
No big deal. If it's a girl, they can't change it to a boy and vice versa. But I usually tell them the opposite. Waiting for their surprise when they eventually found out.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by cancerlib: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
mirajune:
No big deal. If it's a girl, they can't change it to a boy and vice versa. But I usually tell them the opposite. Waiting for their surprise when they eventually found out.
Lol at telling them d opposite
Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by sheunfemix: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
cancerlib:
Is it normal for family to inquire about d sex of an unborn baby and is it ok to tell them?
My MIL wants to know, this is my first child and i really want to know if its ok to tell.
TIA
tell her u dnt know, u want it to be a surprise. That's if u guys aint close but if u feel comfortable with her, why not u can go ahead and tell her. I dnt like to tell pple the sex of unborn kids but u'll definitely know I'm pregnant by looking @ me. But the sex, pls I keep to myself. No offence

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
cancerlib:
TIA

People like to know so they can buy appropriate gifts. There is nothing strange in asking or telling especially close family. I told as soon as I knew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by beeevan: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tell her that you don't want to check, only my husband knew.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by Daresh(f): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
I dont see what the big deal is. I wanted to surprise my MIL cos I knew she badly wanted a girl, I told her I didnt know. When she heard I had a girl she was dancing all around the house grin. I told my sisters tho, and my oga and my aunt figured it out cos of all the pink.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by sheunfemix: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
LordReed:

People like to know so they can buy appropriate gifts. There is nothing strange in asking or telling especially close family. I told as soon as I knew.
they can buy unisex things. I thinks its kinda rude inquiring the sex of d child one is carrying. But I think pple who ask do so out of curiosity.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by LordReed(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
sheunfemix:
they can buy unisex things. I thinks its kinda rude inquiring the sex of d child one is carrying. But I think pple who ask do so out of curiosity.

Considered rude? If you can use the technology to find out the sex of your baby at 5 months of pregnancy why would you consider it rude? Are you invading the unborn child's privacy?

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by sheunfemix: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
LordReed:

Considered rude? If you can use the technology to find out the sex of your baby at 5 months of pregnancy why would you consider it rude? Are you invading the unborn child's privacy?
when people ask u as a woman, " what are u carrying? Boy or girl" that's rude. But its how I feel, u may be comfy with it, not me.
Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by greatgod2012(f): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Do what you think is okay for you, please. If you're okay telling them, do, if you're not, don't. It all depends on your relationship/rapour with them, personally, all my in'laws are part of me and i'm part of them, so, there's no biggie in telling them.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by teeboo: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Personally I don't see it necessary telling anybody of d sex of child am carrying,not even my own parent,anybody that wants to knw shuld wait till d child is born,my own view though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by LordReed(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
sheunfemix:
when people ask u as a woman, " what are u carrying? Boy or girl" that's rude. But its how I feel, u may be comfy with it, not me.

It is not rude, if you don't want them to know simply say you don't know. Technology has made it possible for us to know before hand, if that wasn't the case the question won't exist. Not like anybody can do anything about the sex of the baby once it is known.
Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by Amuga(f): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
cancerlib
post=27440558:

Is it normal for family to inquire about d sex of an
unborn baby and is it ok to tell them?
My MIL wants to know, this is my first child and i really want to know
if its ok to tell.
TIA
It is not normal for them to ask. For me no one (except my husband) knew i was pregnant untill when i was 4 months pregnant. I no tell you when i get belly na d sex i go come tell u.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by JEITO: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Don't tink I wanna do dat; the surprise makes it a lot more fun grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Told my hubby and mum

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by kendraloops(f): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Just my hubby knew. My sisters asked but i told them to chill, even EDD, i didn't tell when they asked. Told them i wanted it to be a surprise. Though my sis was like "Did any pastor tell you that I'm a baby sucking witch, hehn? That's why you don't wanna tell me"?

If you're comfortable with it, tell her if not, park well.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Knew About The Sex Of Ur Unborn Baby? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2014
People should do what they are comfortable with and experience is the best teacher.

I have heard a lot of stories about a lot of things, and so some people have cause to be fearful.

The people closest to me are told as soon as the stick reads positive and that inludes in-laws.

Some hospitals tell you the sex, some dont. The times that I have known, Ive always told the people closest to me.

I dont ask people their EDD and sex, cos most of the time they lie anyway

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Her Husband Is Doing Things She Doesn't Like- She Needs Advices / Read If You Are Newly Married Man Or Women / Man Born Without Limbs Shows Off Adorable Family Pictures! (photo Of The Day)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.