Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Rich Churches, Poor Members - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Churches, Poor Members (30723 Views)

Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....
tarnish christianity? So ur saying what d o.p wrote is a lie? Come to think of it,how many people her are on church funded scholarships or have gotten a job through his church,or live in a house provided for by his church??

3 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by okon11: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
kunlesehan:
Yet Jesus was born in a manger

There are some new evidence that prove otherwise
Academic Insisits That Jesus Was Born In Family House
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/religion/item/2417-academic-insisits-that-jesus-was-born-in-family-house
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Filmewell(f): 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God I'm a Catholic
even in the catholic church. bazaar starts june ends october.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by simplemach(m): 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Filmewell:

even in the catholic church. bazaar starts june ends october.
hahahaha, people...:
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bonapart:
Let God be the judge. And know how you refer to men of God. My own penny though

Men of what...sorry as. Far as I am concerned any body that call's him/herself a man of God and still ask for money before blessing them...then it a shame,they. Aren't worth to be called. Men of God..

Members wallowing in abject poverty and yet most of this same gullible members respect and worship the. So called men of God more than God himself...

As far as I am concerned I only go to church most times to have fun and reconnect with friends who during normal weekdays we won't see each other...

My house and Room is fit and enough for my heavenly father to connect with me....

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by holluwai(m): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
Well said but I'll let God be the judge. Moreover "blessed is the servant that applied wisdom". What I don't have I can't give....period!
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
wiaient:
Depends on pastor
I disagree...the trend is with every pastor

From tithe to offering to building's donation etc

They tend to exhort money through one way or the other
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Kingrapha(m): 11:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
kevinberry:

Men of what...sorry as. Far as I am concerned any body that call's him/herself a man of God and still ask for money before blessing them...then it a shame,they. Aren't worth to be called. Men of God..

Members wallowing in abject poverty and yet most of this same gullible members respect and worship the. So called men of God more than God himself...

As far as I am concerned I only go to church most times to have fun and reconnect with friends who during normal weekdays we won't see each other...

My house and Room is fit and enough for my heavenly father to connect with me....

The only thing that can be said is that you need enlightenment

Sorry no offense thou

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Kingrapha(m): 11:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
kevinberry:

Sorry no offense thou

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by October1960: 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Only God knows who is worse the government officials or the pastors? They complement each other.

The government official steals from the public and brings some to the pastor.

They both encourage the masses to pray for better times "in the future" while they both laugh to their bank accounts in UK, USA and Switzerland.

Meanwhile their own children and family do not have to endure the mess left behind in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
Kingrapha:

Sorry no offense thou

Enlightenment on what..

On why pastors collect tithe or way you have to pay for them to perform miracle on you.....

Explain or stfu...

3 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by ZUBY77(m): 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Animals in human skin.

The criminals has taken over the house of the Lord. But my joy is that nothing lasts forever
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Bonapart(m): 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
kevinberry:

you're missing it.... there is more to connecting with God in your room.
Consider stop coming to church if it's the sole purpose of meeting with friends.
Lastly let God be the judge
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
October1960:
Only God knows who is worse the government officials or the pastors? They complement each other.

The government official steals from the public and brings some to the pastor.

They both encourage the masses to pray for better times "in the future" while they both laugh to their bank accounts in UK, USA and Switzerland.

Meanwhile their own children and family do not have to endure the mess left behind in Nigeria.
My brother they are the same

The politician will come as a middle man between us and the government and then loot us dry..

The pastors comes as the middle man between God and us...and start draining us of our hard earned money...they see it as a full time Job...

3 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Kingrapha(m): 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
kevinberry:

Enlightenment on what..

On why pastors collect tithe or way you have to pay for them to perform miracle on you.....

Explain or stfu...
I do not support paying for miracles but payment of tithe is scriptural read malachi 3:8-10
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by eebruboss(m): 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
There is a thin diffrence in blaming those men GOD for these particular stain on them and knowing when GOD will bless you with what u give the church!... So just make sure u have the holy spirit so as not to be a brainwashed member! .... HAPPYSUNDAY!
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bonapart:
Consider stop coming to church if it's the sole purpose of meeting with friends.

Yeah let God judge you.....
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
I love European churches kiss
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Kingrapha(m): 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bonapart:
true

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by ikeyman00(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
@@@@@

i said time and time and again to animals living in the zoo called Nigeria

any Biafran that goes to these useless oduduwa churches looking for magic is a monkey with a short tail

Dont u know u are a direct child of God; ask Abraham naw if u have doubt; but u know na black man naw; so daft that he live and die daft!

so we the Biafrans believe in praying to God direct as it is said in the bible; no middle way

that the reason Chukwu abiahama; Jehova; Chukwu okike; God of most highness; Creator of all creation is praised each time a baby is named

we have here; Ifeyinwa; ikechukwu; chukwudi; chiamaka etc; Biafra is a spirit and kingdom of God on the face of earth and u think u know hm?

stop giving your money to ndi ochi bikonu!

mind u we are broadcasting live now and u could hear us in your village in Biafran land

check us out as well on radiobiafra on your satellite decoder
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Kingrapha:
I do not support paying for miracles but payment of tithe is scriptural read malachi 3:8-10

The so called bible did it fell down from heaven...was it not written by men...malaki kor mancho niii....

Do some research and you will find out what most researchers found out concerning the bible....SCAM.....as far as it did not fall from the sky..it not 100% accurate...

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by eebruboss(m): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
And this is an avenue 4 those short of holyness, those church goers to pour their claim on men of GOD! ... Just know where u stand! Holy spirit will help us do that

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Owliver(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
That's why I prefer the catholic church. The heirachy of the church gives almost 0% room for such... Even the pope don't have a private Jet but believe me if he wants to buy 50 before weekend money dey to buy... Nobody's son dey head branch for south africa or daughter for UK... Well, I still see things that ain good in the church sha. *humans*

2 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
The world itself has been monetized. There is even no unity among churches. Even some pastors of this churches cannot feed their family well, they complain, they get the tithes from members and send it to the headquarters, but when they need money for church development, they turn deaf ears.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Owliver(m): 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
kevinberry:

The so called bible did it fell down from heaven...was it not written by men...malaki kor mancho niii....

Do some research and you will find out what most researchers found out concerning the bible....SCAM.....as far as it did not fall from the sky..it not 100% accurate...
But the words in it have done countless miracles. Lolz* you are blessed in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 22, 2015
Owliver:
But the words in it have done countless miracles. Lolz* you are blessed in Jesus name Amen.
My brother abeg make that blessed park well

I have been to countless churches,I have been touched..most times pushed all in the name of miracle...no one don work for my presence...I don't believe in that shi..it....

Someone will claim they saw heaven..produced a tape and sell it @ the price of. N500 who are they deceiving..and later they will say they. Are preaching the Good news...
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:05am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....

I believe it is these pastors that tarnish the message of Christianity rather than any posters here!

All over the developing world (NOT just Nigeria) unscrupulous 'pastors' preach what is called the 'Prosperity Gospel'. It concentrates on material wealth and not spiritual wealth. Being poor is NOT a sin and is NOT a sign of Gods disfavour. Neither does being rich indicate that God has favoured that person above any other.

Given the level of poverty in Nigeria it is easy to see the attraction to many of 'Prosperity Christianity' but that is absolutely no excuse for exploiting poor people who only want a glimmer of hope of a better life.

"For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

8 Likes

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
What do you know about Christianity? Do you mean having 5 private jets and owning mansions here and there is Christ like?
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by hensben(m): 12:10am On Mar 22, 2015
I will continue to say it, most Pentecostal churches in nigeria are business Centers

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by 1miccza: 12:11am On Mar 22, 2015
Badgers14:
Churches this days tire me o, I heard Christ Embassy charges gate fee N1,000 for their service on 31st December? Pastors go knack $5000 suit for body, wear better shoe, prayer warrior belt go go round him waist ten times, him shoe don bend one side, members dey suffer suffer.

Am not saying that these pastors should share money to every members, but for the ones in need they could start training for them, like handy work, bakery, sewing clothes, welding , carpentry, give scholarships to people who are in school and help train people who are more interested in handy work.

And yes, they have the resources to do that , their are also affluent members of the church who are willing to contribute for the cause. But for pastors, no no no they want all those money in their pocket so they could make Forbes list .. Very sad. This No be wetin Jesus talk for bible ooo embarassed

just like Jesus collected the few fishes and blessed it, fed thousands that's what I am talking about.

Anyways , I am just observing these churches from on top of a speeding Molué cool

Bros when i read about the 1000 naira fee by Christ Embassy here on Nl,i thought it was a joke until a colleague of mine confirmed it at work..Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2015
Justfollowit:
I love European churches kiss

Well they mostly stay away from the 'Prosperity Gospel' and the pastors/ministers/priests are more interested in getting a message across than having a three hour service to entertain and whip the congregation up into a frenzy.

And although there have been some very notable examples (thankfully rare) of pastor 'scammers' the pastors are generally honest and do not try to fleece the congregation with them often taking a fixed salary and the bulk of the collections and or tithes (if that Church/Denomination tithes) goes to charitable causes within the community or in the developing world.

In the USA the services tend to be (often) a little more... um ... shall we say ... exuberant!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. / Stephanie Otobo Finally Confesses To Lying Against Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.