Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Rich Churches, Poor Members - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Churches, Poor Members (30722 Views)

Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints / Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by M4gunners: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2015
I started going to Church in my early age. Then we receive everything from Church on Sunday free of charge like Pen, note books from thanksgiving in Church . But the revised is the case. Pastors will be flying on air with their personal Jets while half of their members are trekking.Some will come out here to tell me judge not for you will be judged. The greedy Pastors has make many young Men and women to start opening Churches because they feel there's money in Pastoral work.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by onyenro(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2015
the. corruption in churches is on another level. The worst form of corruption is when you do it in the name of GOD.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by golddeejay(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2015
they say the meaning of 'christian' is christlike. How are these pastors like christ when they have fleet of cars and private jets? In most churches, the pastors are always among the richest, if not the richest. According to d bible, jesus was so poor he did not know the next place to lay his head. I attended a church with the congragation mostly students and the pastor insisted on the people buying souvenirs before entering the church...i was like WTF. The main purpose of the church i think is the gospel n helping the needy, which is wat jesus they are preaching abt did mostly. If people to the poor n the needy the way they gave to the church and pastors...the country would have been better

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by vizboy(m): 7:36am On Mar 22, 2015
Filmewell:

even in the catholic church. bazaar starts june ends october.

bazaar sales is just one day in the Catholic Church.

stop trying to deceive people
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....

See this mugu, are you or any of today's pastors practicing Christianity? Answer pls!

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by mentors: 7:41am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously, I don't no y some plpp always like to write someting dat will tarnish Christianity? diz is bcomin too much on everypost. And majority always derived pleasure it....
you are just reacting to the bitter taste of truth. lipsrsealed
tolexy007:
you are just reacting to the bitter taste of truth.

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 22, 2015
Churches encouraging politicians to steal more invariably
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2015
Maximillian1:
I swear dis church matter pains me a lot...i mean y d Bleep would people be dis dumb The pastors are comfortable,drive good cars,wear expensive clothes,most of them even own jets and when you ask the bastards,they tell you that its Fr evangelism...well people are suffering and they still donate part of deir incomes to bastards who don't need it and i dont really care cos its their choice to remain stupid..SMH(sorry fr using the word bastards but I just can't get hold of myself concerning dis matter)

No need to apologize. Since they steal from their poor members and only utilize the funds the way they do only make them first class bastards! Jesus flogged thieves out of the temple of God and since you can't replicate this gesture today, give'em all you got, hold the mirror against their ugly faces & tell them what they truly are; fucking bastards!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by hamz: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2015
To have a church now is a good business, the pastors no longer preach about heaven instead they preach about money money money. On d last day we will know d truth

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by roughneck: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2015
p1jiobi:
Op u are obviously a sorruy excuse of a man. I tithe nd faithfully give my offerrings, guess what am not poorer for it. I sow bountifully and reap bountifully. If that hurts u, pls take a plunge in d atlantic ocean, or better still hug my transformer. Tithe wld always be paid and we are blessed doing it ok, pls deal with it.
Did you read the post at all? Was anything mentioned to discourage you from paying your tithe? If you got blindfolded in your church, open your eyes and brain to read when you get to Nairaland
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Edusouls(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2015
shut up, blind man that cant see the truth, what do you mean tarnishing christianity, u cant see the truth other are seeing here, that this pastors are rogues and extorters under disguise as God's servant, these very diplomatic,greedy buisness men have made the poor much poorer...
tolexy007:
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Edusouls(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2015
hahahaha which pastors, these are very greedy,diplomatic and refined buisnessmen with the disguise as men of God...
Badgers14:
Churches this days tire me o, I heard Christ Embassy charges gate fee N1,000 for their service on 31st December? Pastors go knack $5000 suit for body, wear better shoe, prayer warrior belt go go round him waist ten times, him shoe don bend one side, members dey suffer suffer.

Am not saying that these pastors should share money to every members, but for the ones in need they could start training for them, like handy work, bakery, sewing clothes, welding , carpentry, give scholarships to people who are in school and help train people who are more interested in handy work.

And yes, they have the resources to do that , their are also affluent members of the church who are willing to contribute for the cause. But for pastors, no no no they want all those money in their pocket so they could make Forbes list .. Very sad. This No be wetin Jesus talk for bible ooo embarassed

just like Jesus collected the few fishes and blessed it, fed thousands that's what I am talking about.

Anyways , I am just observing these churches from on top of a speeding Molué cool
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 22, 2015
p1jiobi:
Op u are obviously a sorruy excuse of a man. I tithe nd faithfully give my offerrings, guess what am not poorer for it. I sow bountifully and reap bountifully. If that hurts u, pls take a plunge in d atlantic ocean, or better still hug my transformer. Tithe wld always be paid and we are blessed doing it ok, pls deal with it.

Another gullible and brainwashed follower! So if the op highlights his opinion over tithes and offerings as they are negatively utilized, you can't counter in the positive Christian manner rather than ask him to take a plunge in the Atlantic or go hug your church's transformer? You obviously don't have any reasons for giving tithes and offerings! And if you say you reap back, tell us also that you are unemployed and have no source of income by way of earnings!
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by roughneck: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2015
tolexy007:
Christians read and be liberated. The writer stated the obvious, he even mentioned the efforts some churches are making to better the lives of their members, you obviously did not read the post or possibly did not understand. Tarnish my behind hole..
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by vashkayanna(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2015
Businessmen masquerading as men of God. They should better the lives of their members both spiritually and financially.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Edusouls(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2015
black race is a race with naturaly endowed problems which cannot be solved in this life, we turn everything introduced to us up side down, education we no sabi use am,christianity meant to salvage the poor,dying and needy, we turn am to a very lucrative buisness venture, democracy, we turn am into a mass looting opportunity and free madness..chai black man weting happen to us wey make our heart black and very wicked as we do, na devil create us'? abby no be God.? cos everything we do resemble devil work, no good thinking ever comes from us,only crooked and cunny cunny thinking, thats why God kept us under constant,poverty and suffering..na weting just fit us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by stagger: 8:27am On Mar 22, 2015
Alexpissu:
Don't give your money to the church. They should be giving their money to you― George Carlin

George Carlin must be a big fool to even suggest this. So people should queue up waiting for handouts from the church when they should be working for their money. Nonsense.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by ikezy16: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2015
not all churches dont provide for d needy. My church Living Faith Church(Winners Chapel) offers a scholarship scheme every year to members of the church from primary to university level, provides for the needy through a group in d church called hospitality....provides job employment and all other empowerment programme.....
Another angle we should also consider is dat most people dat give their tithe and so called donation for project work in some churches and still not get blessed in return, d fault could still be from them. U can be commited to ''CHURCH'' and not commited to ''GOD'' dats why we still have poor people in rich churches
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by nora544: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2015
ikezy16:
not all churches dont provide for d needy. My church Living Faith Church(Winners Chapel) offers a scholarship scheme every year to members of the church from primary to university level, provides for the needy through a group in d church called hospitality....provides job employment and all other empowerment programme.....
Another angle we should also consider is dat most people dat give their tithe and so called donation for project work in some churches and still not get blessed in return, d fault could still be from them. U can be commited to ''CHURCH'' and not commited to ''GOD'' dats why we still have poor people in rich churches

that what you speak is not okay because god is not a money printing machine. Why they help only their own members, did the early church make this. I know from the catholic church that they help people who didnot gelong to them but you will never see this in the pentecost churches with theirman made Gods!

I read about the first fruit on RCCG church that when you make this you will get an etraordinary blessing and when you don't get this than you are bewitched that is the prosperity gospel what is a heresy gospel. A man made god who lie to his followers to build his own empire.

You will never hear this churches preaching that working hard will give you a better life!

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Bulala66: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2015
The church today has invested more in nation building and helped more vulnerable people than you know

Speak only when you have current information and data

Do your research and speak

And don't give the church the responsibility of the government

It was a church that sponsored me through school and over 20 of my friends I know personally.

I am a proud graduate of chemistry and working presently and I still get small pepper to help others and keep body and soul together

I presently sponsor 3 teenagers through secondary school because I was inspired to do that by the church.

I am know say I nor be Saint but I dey try.
do your research well oga !!

dont8:

Ayo- CAN President

By Nkem Jacobs, Chioma Onuegbu, Peter Duru, Juliet Ebirim, Emmanuel Edukugho and Onochie Anibeze
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Lakeshizu(m): 9:08am On Mar 22, 2015
simplemach:
Thank God I'm a Catholic
Did you read the article? if yes, you are not a catholic
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by gogodaye(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2015
So damn apt....we are contending with similar issues with the Bishop of my Diocese in the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, who has initiated steps for the purchase of a new car for him by parishioners in his diocese, a little under 4 years, when they were coereced into getting him a brand new car.........
I have made my resolve known.....I am not going to be a part of this act of chicanery.........I see folks drive 13-16 year old vehicles.......if their priest who is a kept man.....would not make do with a less than 4 year old SUV......and still feels he can add to their burden.....those who are gullible enough should go for it......
His conduct for someone who is clothed, housed, fed, whose kids attend tuition free school at the expense of his parishioners...is to say the least wickedness...and it would make me volunteer to wish to have the devil fneighneighbor....

1 Like

Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by micrep3030(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2015
I just tire for some people Dont catholic pay tight
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Okamiye(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2015
Bonapart:
Let God be the judge. And know how you refer to men of God. My own penny though

Stop insinuating that thieves pretending to be 'men of God' shouldn't be called to order. Even your bible had no respect for thieves, looters and hypocrites pretending to be 'men of God'
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Efremszlek(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2015
Did i hear u say tarnished Christianity, which Christianity are u talking abt, de truth is that there is only one true church my brother that is church of Christ, others are nothing but business ventures, anyway u r free to ask me anything concerning dis, whatsap me 08080564931
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by engrlarex(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2015
fela Anikulapo the great has said it all..ArchBishop na miliki, poopu na enjoyment, imaamu na igbaladun eh, ra ra ra ra raa..archbishop dey for London, poopu dey for roomu, imaamu dey for mecca, dem go kary all d money juba poppu, juba Bishop, juba imaam, dem go start to yab demselves, jumyumyamyamyomuymu.. my people suffering and smiling in d name of don't judge a man of God..wu told u ure not a man of God..u don't even kw ur rank b4 God..anyway nobody holy pass, all dis pastors and alfa r fast becoming omo igboro I mean omo Iko..even from their theme of programmes u can identify dem...well Buhari all d way..
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Azo(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2015
Come to Islam and find out about the religion. Not what the media purports it to be. And u will see u are on the way. Just my 10 kobo.
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Bonapart(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2015
Okamiye:

Stop insinuating that thieves pretending to be 'men of God' shouldn't be called to order. Even your bible had no respect for thieves, looters and hypocrites pretending to be 'men of God'
on my bible Jesus was tame a wine biber, a friend of publicans and sinners, a false prophet.....
Stop judging. Let God separate the false from the true ones.... my own kobo
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Efremszlek(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2015
almostFamous:
Lol

Dunno...its just soo weird and crazy. And some of the brainwashed church members will come here and spit jargon about how "the lord will bless them(pastors) according to his riches in glory" but the lord isn't blessing them(the brainwashed members)

All the youth care about as it is, is a church that would allow them wear bum shorts and leave their hair uncovered,a church where they can dance shoki, a church where the ushers try to hook up male and female members. Its unfortunate
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Bonapart(m): 9:39am On Mar 22, 2015
chysam:

Are you a man of Satan?,if they are men of God. Did Jesus not ask them not to lay treasures on earth? You are as gullible and as brainwashed as charged.
nairalanders and insult..... you're trying to make a point from your tiny brain yet you proved how daft you can be
Re: Rich Churches, Poor Members by Profkomolafe(m): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2015
i wonder when these churches will fathom the fact that JESUS*love* is greater than religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.