Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Current Labelling/Sub-Division Of The Literature Section Is Bad - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Current Labelling/Sub-Division Of The Literature Section Is Bad (985 Views)

The Literature Section Person Of The Year Award 2014 / Literature Section Awards 2013 / discussion thread for the literature awards 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Current Labelling/Sub-Division Of The Literature Section Is Bad by ayomorocco(f): 12:22am On Nov 17, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that the present manner Seun decided to split the literature section lacks a sense of foresight and any coherence whatsoever? The old system of general literature and poetry makes better sense. I can understand the need to improve the section, but this is a regression of sorts. There is no uniformity, ease for referencing or any other benefits that justifies the present arrangement. In a cumbersome manner, the main childboard is labelled "Literature/Writing" and the sub childboard is labelled "Writers: Post Your Stories, Scripts, Poems Here For Review" and thus we have two childboards where writings can be showcased irrespective of genre, resulting in chaos.

Thoughts Please. smiley
Re: The Current Labelling/Sub-Division Of The Literature Section Is Bad by kay9(m): 1:05am On Nov 17, 2008
It was like three months ago when Seun asked for views on a further sub-division of the Literature section. I replied with a suggestion to create a second child-board (the first was "Poems"wink for Short Stories and Drama; I even went as far as explaining that this would rhyme with the main genres of Literature: prose, poetry and drama. Unfortunately, Seun didn't think so. And so, here we are. I was quite stunned at first, but since I had no stakes in the Nairaland enterprise, I decided to keep my thoughts to myself.

In my opinion - and no disrespect is intended here - literary affairs aren't exacty Mr. Seun's fort; otherwise, with a child-board titled "Writers: Post Your Stories, Scripts, and Poems Here For Review", what is the main board supposed to contain? Literary chit-chat? I'm guessing his reason was to stem the compunction of most posters to post their poems on the main board, but obviously it isn't working. There really isn't any order any more.

(1) (Reply)

blur / Preview Of Must Read Books In 2012(coming Soon) / How To Give Yourself The Best Shot & Watch Yourself Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.