Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich (1809 Views)

At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Are Uneducated People Richer Than Educated People In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by Scamfender: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
My friend who is a highly gifted surgeon once shared a
most interesting tale with me. One of his lab technicians
was retiring after many years of government service,
and invited him to a party at her home in one of the
peri-urban areas near the city. He was most amazed
when he got there to find that this very ordinary-looking
lady lived in a beautiful three bedroomed house whose
construction she had supervised. He was even more
impressed when he toured her small adjoining farm with
greenhouses and several healthy exotic cows. The icing
on the cake was meeting her three children, who were
all students in prestigious local universities. As my
friend considered his considerable education loans and
high monthly expenditure, he realised that this lady,
who had never earned anything close to his current
salary, was far wealthier than he could imagine himself
being! It's a paradox that the people working in the
most prestigious and well-paid careers tend to be the
ones with the highest expenditure and the most debt.
This reality is often hidden because they dress better,
live in posher neighbourhoods, have more expensive
gadgets and drive nicer cars. But the reality is that true
financial freedom is not a factor of how big your salary
is, but how long you would survive if you lost that
salary today. And on that count, highly educated people
tend to fare badly!
The more educated you are, the more likely you are to
suffer from 'paralysis of analysis'. You analyse different
opportunities to death, finding all sorts of reasons why
they won't work. Meanwhile, your less educated
contemporaries who know less about why things should
fail often just jump in and make a try of it, and end up
successful as a result!
Highly educated people also tend to suffer from what
has been referred to as 'the curse of the gifted'. They
can achieve proficiency at many things, so they end up
drowning in ... Click to read more
http://www.scamfender.com/2014/09/find-out-why-educated-people-dont-get.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by nomabeeee(f): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
I disagree
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by oluwadanie1(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
I also disagree.

There are lots of educated people who are extremely rich.
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by gebony(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
if education maketh pple wealthy, professors will be d richest people in the world

4 Likes

Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by julisa2020(f): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
hmmm...you're kinda correct tho@op...but whats the aim of this post...to discourage people from going to school

3 Likes

Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Smh.

Just passing by.
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by 100Cents: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2014
gebony:
if education maketh pple wealthy, professors will be d richest people in the world

Don't mind them.

Here I see young men in business making up to N100,000 on weekly basis in business.

When a so called PhD holder in a federal university is waiting for lecturer salary of N180,000 monthly .

Most businessmen think harder and wider than our professors. They reason on a hundred possible ways to make a business sail through.

If your professor is not an inventor, he is not a thinker my dear.

We all went to school, white collar job is more energy sapping because you are on a routine schedule but when you are about starting a new line of business and you aren't an apprentice, that when you understand how daunting the word THINKING is...

No matter how big ones salary is, if that person is not disciplined, he cannot get wealthy.

People earning N50k build houses but some earning N200k continue paying rent for 10 long years and club every weekend..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by fyneboi79(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2014
100Cents:

Don't mind them.

Here I see young men in business making up to N100,000 on weekly basis in business.

When a so called PhD holder in a federal university is waiting for lecturer salary of N180,000 monthly .

Most businessmen think harder and wider than our professors. They reason on a hundred possible ways to make a business sail through.

If your professor is not an inventor, he is not a thinker my dear.

We all went to school, white collar job is more energy sapping because you are on a routine schedule but when you are about starting a new line of business and you aren't an apprentice, that when you understand how daunting the word THINKING is...

No matter how big ones salary is, if that person is not disciplined, he cannot get wealthy.

People earning N50k build houses but some earning N200k continue paying rent for 10 long years and club every weekend..
I completely agree with dis post grin

1 Like

Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by Xynthialuvy(f): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2014
I agree wit d op
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by godwinony(m): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2014
these days all the topic I see on nairaland are promoting dropping out of sch ..
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2014
100Cents:

The bomb^

okwu agwu!
Re: Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich by Scamfender: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
This post is not intended to deter people from formal education. It only addressed the 'mentality' issues that more educated people are faced with. The more educated you are, the more you are acquinted with modern life styles, and you feel the need to meet up with what others expect of you. What do others expect of you? An educated man should wear suit to work. He should dress how he wants to be addressed. He should aim to use very good cars. He should work in a place that imposes respect on him. He should live so and so life style.
_
These mentalities are killer-mentalities. Most bankers today DO NOT HAVE ANY SAVINGS, but they live in good rented houses, and drive big cars (on installmental payments from their salaries). They practically live a life style for which their 'gold reserve' does not correlate.
_
once that job is gone, what happens?
In summary, what this post is driving at is : The 'educated' mentality is what is killing alot of our finances. We should ALL be educated, its very important. However, we should recognise that a balance in finances in the long run is better than a short-run excellent out-look, which could fall off the hill if a small rock is displaced.

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics And Materials In Biochemistry / RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC 2015/2016 Post-utme Form Is On. School / Contact Us Via Greatilluminatitemple.godshiva@gmail.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.