Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,045 members, 7,866,944 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady (75420 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by mbulela: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mrs. Jonathan had in April this year paid a
solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence,
saying her visit was to give him her blessings,
noting that the governorship aspirant proved
himself as a member of the federal executive
council.
She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a
mother. The blessing a mother gives to a
beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a
Minister that delivered while he served in the
cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to
serve in a higher capacity”.

The first lady further described the former
minister as a listening and respectful politician,
who heeded her counsel to drop his senatorial
aspiration in 2011.
“You listened to me and dropped your
senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you,
lead you and please go on with your aspiration.
“I have hand you (Wike) over to our father, Dr.
Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You
are going to Rivers State for the betterment of
all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.
Responding, Wike assured the first lady that the
PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in
Rivers come 2015.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hyfr(m): 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

pls can u throw more light on what u just wrote..u kno it's not fair to say such things about the dead when u don't have facts
yeah bro..gimme ur email or any sort of contact lemme explain,you'll understand better
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by festico: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
is no dought that we really need a change in govt but the change is definitly not buhari becus his archaic and religious bigot. It 'll be better for gej to continue rather than av buhari up dere.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hyfr(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
ogbronx:
Irredeemable fool you are. We know ur category. Just so that I may ask, what are the qualities you have seen in gej that doesn't depict clownishness?
FYI, I wasn't an apc person but it has dawned on me and many of ur old gej asslickers that pdp has no good plans for Nigeria. The cry for change is now a force that PDP and your clownish, thieving and incompetent president is very afraid of.
LOL, foremost I'm not even into politics, secondly I think your foolishness was imported,since you've failed to recognize what GEJ has done in Nigeria. Lastly I wanna make you understand that GEJ doesn't need your vote or your families to win the election cos he has already won that in the spirit. Only a blind man will not know he has already won. Be wise
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hyfr(m): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Temptee101:
How did you get access to the internet. You have sinned enough...go to hell thats where you rightly belong.
you just exhibited your foolishness or moreover ignorance, I stay and live close to her, come to her place and ask around what killed her,our people will tell u..right now nobody has been able to enter the house she built,even her children has moved out
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hyfr(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
Chubhie:
please pardon my ignorance. Just hearing this for the first time. You may wish to refer me to any article written in such effect or you can indulge me and download me the full gist. I have this thing for Jezebels. Most of the women I tend to gravitate towards seems strong willed and most times people do mis interpret them. My spirit has always clicked with Dora or perhaps, we both draw from same spiritual source. I love making magic happen with such Women.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hyfr(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Themandator:

Can you account for this your submission?
oF course I will.. Contact me. Lemme explain
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Ilekokonit: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2014

She has been boasting to her aides and other governors that she would ensure that Dickson does not return and that there is nothing even her husband will do about it.

“What we don’t understand is why the President is allowing her to carry on the way she is doing. I think there is something the First Lady is using as a secret weapon against the President that we don’t know.

She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a mother. Go and you will conquer. Wike proved himself and is ready to serve in a higher capacity”.

You listened to me and dropped your senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you, lead you and please go on with your aspiration.

Did we even vote for this person who in saner climes will be in a prison cell paying for the money EFCC seized TWICE from her accomplices during her husbands tenure at Bayelsa Govt house
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by eligibility: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
castancassy2:
APC at work. were did the governors hav the meeting with mr president. is it mr president that is in isreal. wen did they hav d meeting. pls Apc's, allow mr president to rest. i keep saiding dis cos wen wat u want will start, una go run
Have you been paid by GEJ to distort the facts ..
The Arab use to say, قل الحق ولو مر
Meaning : Speak the truth even though it's bitter.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by mechanics(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
Na politics
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Joshpa: 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
INTERNATIONAL SQUASH RETURNS TO NIGERIA

2014 will see the return of high level PSA World Tour competition to Nigeria for the first time since 2008, when the 2014 Lagos International Squash Classic, a PSA International 25.event, gets underway in Lagos, Nigeria on November 5.

The last PSA World Tour event to be held in the country dubbed the ‘Giant of Africa’, due to it’s position as the seventh most populous country in the world, was the 2008 Africa Open won by current SquashTV presenter Joey Barrington and the 2014 event is set to see further high profile names compete for honours in the African powerhouse. Read more by checking the website for more info...http://lagosstatesquash.com/international-squash-returns-to-nigeria/
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ogbronx(m): 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
hyfr:
LOL, foremost I'm not even into politics, secondly I think your foolishness was imported,since you've failed to recognize what GEJ has done in Nigeria. Lastly I wanna make you understand that GEJ doesn't need your vote or your families to win the election cos he has already won that in the spirit. Only a blind man will not know he has already won. Be wise
explain "imported foolishness" please. What has ur gej done that sensible pple don't see? and yes I agree that u support a corrupt system where votes don't count . This is why my vote means nothing to gej right? Because u trust PDP rigging experience? Please stand corrected , gej hasn't won 2015. If u can discern from events and reactions of the presidency, u would observe a palpable fear of losing 2015. Nigerians are clamouring for change.
Why waste time on you? I did refer to u as an irredeemable f**l. You can't learn anything than ur bigoted mind would allow. pls don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by swezenberg(m): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
These governors wI'll not go unpunished. She has noted it and will deal with them one by one. May be Wole Soyinka is right afterms all. Now they will understand Amaechi's stand. The governors have just started. In fact the vice president should be getting ready.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Themandator: 6:35am On Oct 27, 2014
hyfr:
oF course I will.. Contact me. Lemme explain

How do I contact you, here.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by deb(m): 7:42am On Oct 27, 2014
crrryfish:
This is ridiculous, i can't believe madam there is God o have gone this far make she no spoil GEJfor2015 4 us o.

Only iidiotic brains will keep ignoramus in power.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Zaikon(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
President Goodluck Jonathan will be honouring his wife, the first lady Dame Patience Jonathan with the award of GCFR (Grammar Commander of The Federal Republic). Sources said this is due to the immense contributions of the first lady to English Language in Nigeria. Another reason for this prestigious award is that the first lady has affected a lot of lives positively with her humorous speeches that make Nigerians laugh and forget their sorrows.

This according to Mr. President has increased the life span of an average Nigerian. Example of her speeches include:

* Nigeria is a great CONTINENT.
* My husband and Sambo IS good people.
* I rather KILL myself than to commit SUICIDE.
* My fellow widows.
* I travelled to abroad to rest in peace.
* My husband is the best couple on earth.
* The doctors are responding to treatment.
* For those who said I speech bad English, I left them for God. *Ojukwu is dead, but his Manhood stil lives on.
* Na only you waka come?
* Chai! Chai!! Chai!!! diaris God o...

Please support and honour our first lady by sharing to all

Signed
Yungwizzzy
Head of committee
haaa
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by troy20(m): 8:16am On Oct 27, 2014
...surmoning chiefs of staff realy? thinking about it, it just occured to me the powers of the first ladies of nigeria this days rivals that of david cameron and françiose holland in their countries.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2014
egift:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-dmGptZOLlKE/TnoGTTOxu9I/AAAAAAAAHdc/79j87SykY0k/s1600/317686_262619067106257_100000744970073_831138_2137002425_n.jpg[/img]

Is she the President? Stepping out first receiving the welcoming delegation - while the "first gentleman" is still on the plane.

It's shameful to say the least.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Moukafoam(f): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
deebsman1:

Could dis b photoshopped??

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
egift:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-dmGptZOLlKE/TnoGTTOxu9I/AAAAAAAAHdc/79j87SykY0k/s1600/317686_262619067106257_100000744970073_831138_2137002425_n.jpg[/img]

Is she the President? Stepping out first receiving the welcoming delegation - while the "first gentleman" is still on the plane.
Jonathan has lost it all walahi in his home n in steering d wheel in Nigeria. Dis madness must cease come 2015. The coming election ll surely test d sanity of most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by fxskye: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
festico:
is no dought that we really need a change in govt but the change is definitly not buhari becus his archaic and religious bigot. It 'll be better for gej to continue rather than av buhari up dere.

Open ur min an think beyond religions and tribes..........of All past leaders in Nigeria, be it President or Head of State, even current president inclusive, it's only Buhari that doesn't have "corruption tag".

Nigeria has been messed up and we need a brave leader who can confront corruption and contain it to its lowest minimum.
We are tired of a president that adjudged corruption in govt as mere stealing.

We are wise now.....
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by andrew988(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
If we don't push them out of office God kws what ll happen afta den
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by biafranqueen: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
DONLEKAN:

@ Biafraqueen. As far as I am concerned, you are just talking rubbish. I don't know where you got all these rubbish from. How was Buhari in bed with America. Trying hard to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

Do you think we forgot the fake peace truce that Boko Boys wanted the Godfather Buhari to negotiate in Saudi Arabia? He and the King have been boys since.

What is the difference between Saudi and USA?

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by callylove(f): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
d way d first lady is going she will make her pet loose d election
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by DeZoro(m): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
I am so surprised that all of u could not sensed that this article is forcefully framed by high levelled critics. I m not a politician but I must tell you that all these are politically oguegue. They are all lies and mischievous. Let's focus on developing Nigeria and do away with this lies. Long live Nigeria.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by emerem: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2014
Tbillz:
•Demand assurances President’s wife won’t
determine their successors
THERE are indications that President Goodluck
Jonathan and governors of the on the platform
of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are at
war over what sources close to the party
describe as “unwarranted interference in
political affairs” by the first lady, Dame Patience
Jonathan.
It was gathered that most leaders of the party
were not happy at the meddlesomeness of the
First Lady in clear party affairs.
A highly respected PDP stalwart said President
Jonathan risked protest votes from party
members to save the country from further
embarrassment by the First Lady.
The source who craved anonymity told our
reporter, “I have spoken to many elders in the
party and they said they would not vote for
President Jonathan because of his wife. Even
myself will not vote for PDP.
“It is not because we hate the president but we
can no longer cope with the overbearing
influence of his wife. So, expect among other
things protest votes against Jonathan by even
PDP members.”
The source added that at a recent meeting with
the president, some of the governors tabled the
issue of the president’s wife’s overbearing
influence in political affairs.
According to the source, the governors sought to
extract commitment from President Jonathan
that his wife should not impose candidates on
their states in 2015.
Buttering the argument, the source referred to
the scenario in Rivers State where Patience
Jonathan is leading a campaign to make former
Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike
Governor.
The source added, “The party elders are
watching with shame the macabre dance in
Rivers State by the First Lady. Recently, the First
Lady visited Nyesom Wike in his house in Port
Harcourt.
“In that televised visit, she held Wike’s hand and
placed it in the hand of Dr. Peter Odili. It is an
endorsement and it has never happened
before. That singular act is unbecoming of a First
Lady. With what she is doing in Rivers, we won’t
be surprised if PDP loses that state to APC”.
The source added that in the history of
Presidency in Nigeria, no First Lady was allowed
by her husband to desecrate the office of the
President the way Dame Patience had done.
“This is the first time a wife of the President
would be allowed by her husband to be this
powerful. It is shameful that Dame Patience has
the liberty to summon service chiefs, ministers
and top members of our party at will.
“Remember her meddlesomeness in the Chibok
girls’ saga how she called meetings of service
chiefs and parents of the girls and was shouting
at them, insulting them on national television.
“Where has it happened before? It was one
embarrassment too many for Nigeria. The First
Lady has brought the country to ridicule and
party leaders are not happy with her excesses”,
the source observed.
The source further accused the First Lady of
acting without seeking the permission of her
husband adding that she had made President
Jonathan look like a weakling.
“Nigerians are amused that she has no regard
for her husband. Imagine her recent resignation
as a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State Civil
Service. Before the appointment, she begged for
it and even her husband appealed for it.
“It was the appointment that even the last
Governor of the state, Mr. Timipre Sylva,
refused to give her. But when she resigned
because of her problem with Governor Seriake
Dickson, she did not tell her husband.
“She has been boasting to her aides and other
governors that she would ensure that Dickson
does not return and that there is nothing even
her husband will do about it. The President must
call his wife to order to stand a chance,” the
source said, adding “What we don’t understand
is why the President is allowing her to carry on
the way she is doing. I think there is something
the First Lady is using as a secret weapon
against the President that we don’t know. No
President has allowed his wife to be this power
drunk. What is happening is not normal.”
Mrs. Jonathan had in April this year paid a
solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence,
saying her visit was to give him her blessings,
noting that the governorship aspirant proved
himself as a member of the federal executive
council.
She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a
mother. The blessing a mother gives to a
beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a
Minister that delivered while he served in the
cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to
serve in a higher capacity”.
The first lady further described the former
minister as a listening and respectful politician,
who heeded her counsel to drop his senatorial
aspiration in 2011.
“You listened to me and dropped your
senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you,
lead you and please go on with your aspiration.
“I have hand you (Wike) over to our father, Dr.
Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You
are going to Rivers State for the betterment of
all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.
Responding, Wike assured the first lady that the
PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in
Rivers come 2015.

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-pdp-govs-confront-jonathan-over-first-lady/
We have so many things on ground already. Ogah Jonah u don hear, sometimes bedroom weakness can be noticed by observers.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by hazyfm: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Safari29:
It is bad if your wife is smarter than you are
U JUST SPOKE MY MIND
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by liyahwillie(f): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Tbillz:
The best politics is played on the bed.....ask abacha!!!

lollllsssss
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by liyahwillie(f): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Tbillz:

lollllsssss grin
Tbillz:

lollllsssss
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ELLYsian: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2014
egift:

Mama Peace runs the show. cool
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by collinsobinna(m): 11:01am On Oct 28, 2014
callylove:
d way d first lady is going she will make her pet loose d election
Moukafoam:

This whole thing is just about gender discrimination and the African mans misogynistic outlook. You ladies should support a lady in power,get the men to get used to having ladies in leadership roles and not trying to subdue them or have them sit in silence in the background. Stop being wall posters ,ladies,react. Pro feminism.

How else do you explain this:The Constitution of Nigeria does not create an office for the country's First Lady.

When are we getting first female president? Pro feminism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Diezani Caught Trying To Buy Hyde-Park, London - TheSun.co.uk / Mbaka Asked Buhari For Contracts, Was Rebuffed, There Are Pictures - Garba Shehu / Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Saraki, Fayemi & APC Governors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.