Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. (6717 Views)

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Churches that:
1. Pay tithes

2. Pay firstfruits

3. Keep the sabaath.

4. Forbids ladies from wearing trousers(decent ones)

5. Still offer animal sacrifices.(white garment churches)

6. Do penance and confess sins to human priest.(catholic)

7. Keep the feast of passovers and all kinds of feast.

pls, we are under grace and not under the law of moses. We are under the new covenant and not under the old. Christians who follow the laws of moses have fallen from grace. Take note of this.

2 Likes

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:37am On Oct 26, 2014
many christians don't study their bible nowadays. their pastors study it for them now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by emmyskies(m): 10:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Wow!! Like seriously cheesy
Hmmm,,,,

Save your last point, I won't make mine comment.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
emmyskies:
Wow!! Like seriously cheesy
Hmmm,,,,

Save your last point, I won't make mine comment.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
what are u saying?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ukutsgp:

3. Keep the sabaath.

How did the Sabbath become part of the law of Moses
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by asudan: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Churches that:
1. Pay tithes

2. Pay firstfruits

3. Keep the sabaath.

4. Forbids ladies from wearing trousers(decent ones)

5. Still offer animal sacrifices.(white garment churches)

6. Do penance and confess sins to human priest.(catholic)

7. Keep the feast of passovers and all kinds of feast.

pls, we are under grace and not under the law of moses. We are under the new covenant and not under the old. Christians who follow the laws of moses have fallen from grace. Take note of this.
JESUS SAID "If you love me you will keep my commandment " and the command is love the lord with all your heart and love your neighbour. If you love the lord you will keep his laws and hearken to it. If you love a person or thing, you will all what it takes to maintain the relationship or value that thing. There's nothing like old or new law because Jesus Christ came not to change the laws but to fulfill them. The lord shall judge his people according to the scriptures beginning from Genesis to Revelation. These passages of the scripture weren't there for nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
asudan:

JESUS SAID "If you love me you will keep my commandment " and the command is love the lord with all your heart and love your neighbour. If you love the lord you will keep his laws and hearken to it. If you love a person or thing, you will all what it takes to maintain the relationship or value that thing. There's nothing like old or new law because Jesus Christ came not to change the laws but to fulfill them. The lord shall judge his people according to the scriptures beginning from Genesis to Revelation. These passages of the scripture weren't there for nothing.
Jesus had fulfil the law, so u dnt have to continue in it. we are not under the law again.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
olire:
How did the Sabbath become part of the law of Moses
it was given as a commandment under the law of moses
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
But YOU, Ukutsgp, are still teaching the law IN SOME CASES perhaps, where or where not convenient. You haven't disengaged completely but you sometime mix law and grace together. That's hypocrisy brother. .. grin

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ukutsgp:
it was given as a commandment under the law of moses
So... Are u trying to say the ten commandments is the law of Moses?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by asudan: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Jesus had fulfil the law, so u dnt have to continue in it. we are not under the law again.
they there they talk one day someone will post that we shouldn't go to church Or we should practice just new testament and forget the old testament. someone will post here that Jesus didn't ask us to watch tv, or join social forum. he Or she will were is it the Bible. There's God

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by dein77(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
olire:

Of course. I so disagreed till I had a deeper understanding of the grace we have been afforded.

Actually when God gave those 10 . commandments to the Jews, we were the Hittites, Jebusites, Amorites, etc. Those commandments were given to the Jews to guard and keep them from evil, so God wouldn't destroy them.

However, Christ has reconciled and grafted us into Him, through His death on the Calvary.

As we become one with Christ, we operate in a plane higher than the law realm. Once instance, the law only condemns the physical act of adultery; it cannot condemn the thought of it. But in Christ, we don't only commit murder; we aren't even allowed to think. The same principle applies to all and every sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:
But YOU, Ukutsgp, are still teaching the law IN SOME CASES perhaps, where or where not convenient. You haven't disengaged completely but you sometime mix law and grace together. That's hypocrisy brother. .. grin
in what aspect do you noticed me doing that?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ukutsgp:
in what aspect do you noticed me doing that?

You don't want me dig up your threads\posts do you? grin grin grin
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

You don't want me dig up your threads\posts do you? grin grin grin
pls i dnt like that. Just leave my back ok. Stop hunting me. Just face what is on ground. Forget my past. grin
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Goshen360(m): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Okay. Lemme forget your past. Lemme deal with now....Here's law thread you just started:

https://www.nairaland.com/1967729/some-things-christian-should-not

You just started a "thou shall not" thread.

N.B: Some things you mentioned are sins in the NT but also some are not so where did you get your thou shall not for things you mentioned but are not called sin in the NT or under Grace?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:
Okay. Lemme forget your past. Lemme deal with now....Here's law thread you just started:

https://www.nairaland.com/1967729/some-things-christian-should-not

You just started a "thou shall not" thread.

N.B: Some things you mentioned are sins in the NT but also some are not so where did you get your thou shall not for things you mentioned but are not called sin in the NT or under Grace?
mention the one that is nt a sin.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
olire:
was christians commanded to keep the sabaath in the new testament?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
take advantage of the grace u have in christ.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
dein77:

Of course. I so disagreed till I had a deeper understanding of the grace we have been afforded.

Actually when God gave those 10 . commandments to the Jews, we were the Hittites, Jebusites, Amorites, etc. Those commandments were given to the Jews to guard and keep them from evil, so God wouldn't destroy them.

However, Christ has reconciled and grafted us into Him, through His death on the Calvary.

As we become one with Christ, we operate in a plane higher than the law realm. Once instance, the law only condemns the physical act of adultery; it cannot condemn the thought of it. But in Christ, we don't only commit murder; we aren't even allowed to think. The same principle applies to all and every sin.
let's not digress, are u unequivocally saying that the Ten commandments are the laws of Moses.

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ukutsgp:
was christians commanded to keep the sabaath in the new testament?
u didn't even answer my question, yet you are throwing another one at me. Simply unequivocally answer my initial question about whose commandments were given on mount Sinai.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2014
olire:
u didn't even answer my question, yet you are throwing another one at me. Simply unequivocally answer my initial question about whose commandments were given on mount Sinai.
what i'm telling u is that the sabaath commandment doesn't hold after the resurrection of christ.

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by dein77(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2014
Ukutsgp:
what i'm telling u is that the sabaath commandment doesn't hold after the resurrection of christ.

Sabbath day wey even Jesus disregard?
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Boomark(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
olire:

Yes it is. So is the Sabbath.

2 Likes

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

Sabbath day wey even Jesus disregard?
when did Jesus disregard the sabbath? remember, the law was still in place before the death of Jesus.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by dein77(m): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ukutsgp:
when did Jesus disregard the sabbath? remember, the law was still in place before the death of Jesus.

U don't need me to state instances....

One should suffice. Remember when the Pharisees aaccused Him of suffering his disciples to pluck corn on the Sabbath? What was His reply?

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
people who think that pastors that support paying tithe do that to take people's money need to really pray.it is no longer bible anymore.you don't believe you are the one being talked to in mal 3 vs 10.Go and really pray.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

U don't need me to state instances....

One should suffice. Remember when the Pharisees aaccused Him of suffering his disciples to pluck corn on the Sabbath? What was His reply?
i dnt know. tell me the reply
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Dux01:
people who think that pastors that support paying tithe do that to take people's money need to really pray.it is no longer bible anymore.you don't believe you are the one being talked to in mal 3 vs 10.Go and really pray.
there are many laws in the old testament but many pastors only retained the ones that involves money such as tithe, firstfruits and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by dein77(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i dnt know. tell me the reply

Ur earlier posts suggest we're on the same page. We have no business keeping the Sabbath. Actually there's nothing wrong in not keeping the Sabbath, and there's nothing right in keeping the Sabbath. Romans 15.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by dein77(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ukutsgp:
there are many laws in the old testament but many pastors only retained the ones that involves money such as tithe, firstfruits and the likes.

Very true. But the shocking aspect is that people are not willing to dig deep into the Scriptures and discover these truths.
Re: Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

Very true. But the shocking aspect is that people are not willing to dig deep into the Scriptures and discover these truths.
those practicing tithing at this time needs to check the scriptures.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Traditional Beliefs Concerning Animals / The Catholic Position. Dont They Have A Point? / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.