Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International (1658 Views)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll / Nigeria The Most Corrupt Nation In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2014
http://leadership.ng/news/388220/nigeria-31st-corrupt-nation-transparency-internationai
The Corruption Perceptions Index 2013 released by the Transparency International, which shows that corruption remains a global phenomenon, rates 15 countries while Nigeria now ranks 31 among the most corrupt nations.
The Corruption Perceptions Index 2013, according to the TI serves as a reminder that the abuse of power, secret dealings and bribery continue to ravage societies around the world.

“The index scores 177 countries and territories on a scale from 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean). No country has a perfect score, and two-thirds of countries score below 50. This indicates a serious, worldwide corruption problem”.
The global anti corruption crusader also calls for urgent renewal of anti-graft war by building transparent public institutions.

“The world urgently needs a renewed effort to crack down on money laundering, clean up political finance, pursue the return of stolen assets and build more transparent public institutions.
“It is time to stop those who get away with acts of corruption. The legal loopholes and lack of political will in government facilitate both domestic and cross-border corruption, and call for our intensified efforts to combat the impunity of the corrupt”. Countries that are rated as the best 17 in zero tolerance for corruption are Denmark, New Zealand, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Singapore, Switzerland, Netherlands, Australia, and Canada.
Others are Luxembourg, Germany, Iceland, United Kingdom, Barbados, Belgium and Hong Kong in that order.

However, both Denmark and New Zealand scored 91 per cent, both Finland and Sweden 89 per cent, Norway and Singapore 86 per cent, Australia and Canada 81, Germany and Iceland 78 while Barbados, Belgium and Hong Kong scored 75.
However, while no African country makes the first 17, they dominate the first 10 while Nigeria ranks 31 on the list.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by yungryce: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2014
we should be toping dis list. lets jst watch n see hw our politicians will turn magicians with dissapearing ballot boxes nxt yr
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2014
we are moving up,during Obj we were 2nd or 3rd,more needed to be done

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by tinkinjow: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2014
So what's this saying about the most corrupt govt that the Gej's govt have been labelled.
And where are the Obasanjo's praise singers. I still remember during his presidency Nigeria was rated second most corrupt.

Can Jonathan's haters now appreciate the leap - quite huge and remarkable.
And to imagine this is coming at a time of unprecedented local and international propaganda on corruption in Nigeria gives Jonathan more credence.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by ikweremilitant: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
we are moving up,during Obj we were 2nd or 3rd,more needed to be done
my dear i tire o. This a govt that is being accused 4coruptn nd yet 31st in d world, from the silver medalist obj.my dear gudluk is working.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by PassingShot(m): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2014
Nonesense!

As far as I'm concerned, Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the whole world. I don't care what any other person or body says about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Chubhie: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2014
Let US as Nigerian masses unite and strike an understanding with Denmark to exchange all our current politician for the ones in Denmark. The core essence of a Nigerian politician is loot everything lootable. Take him to an environment where things work he can't survive it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by mrofficial(m): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2014
PassingShot:
Nonesense!

As far as I'm concerned, Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the whole world. I don't care what any other person or body says about it.

Don't mind them. Can it get worse than this? It'll be total melt down of the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by mainheart(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2014
Our dear country shall b 96% free from corruption when I will become the President,
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by WillOfAPrince(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2014
GEJ
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by philtrum(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2014
wow...good news I remember we used to be 24th on the list
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2014
So much for a corrupt country! We are getting there.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
philtrum:
wow...good news I remember we used to be 24th on the list
we need to work more.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by philtrum(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2014
Nobleval:
we need to work more.

Yes..
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by abbakacici: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2014
why are Nigeria celebrating that we are 31st because most of the countries above don't have any data due to all out war or no functioning government or the country president/leader is anti west, because to the capitalist western world any leader that don't like to open country to them is corrupted example Somalia (no government for 20 years) libya (no government 2 years) North Korean ( no data) Venezuela ( anti west government) Iraq ( war) sudan (anti west) south sudan (war) Turkmenistan ( anti west) Uzbekistan (anti west) Afghanistan ( war)
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2014
And the opposition parties say gej is the bedrock of corruption in Nigeria. I remember during obj tenure we were among the top 4. Our position on the rating shows massive reduction and decline in corruption in the country. Long live Good luck ebele Jonathan. Long live federal republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by neuljosh(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2014
GEJ is working, haters are swelling
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by johnbuck81(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2014
D president is working.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Acidosis(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
If this development makes one a TANoid, then I want to become a TANOID forever!!

GEJ till una get sense!!
#No vacancy in Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by jmaine: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
PassingShot:
Nonesense!

Kpele, I can feel your immense disappointment

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by PassingShot(m): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
jmaine:

Kpele, I can feel your immense disappointment

Thanks but no thanks. Sure I'm really dissappointed in the level and magnitude of corruption in this country.

Can you tell me why I should be bothered by other countries' corruption level? Oh, you're happy that we are corruption-wise "ahead" of those countries that should not have even been compared to us in terms of any meaningful thing a serious country is measured.

Shame on us as a country really.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by jmaine: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
PassingShot:

Thanks but no thanks. Sure I'm really dissappointed in the level and magnitude of corruption in this country.

Can you tell me why I should be bothered by other countries' corruption level? Oh, you're happy that we are corruption-wise "ahead" of those countries that should not have even been compared to us in terms of any meaningful thing a serious country is measured.

The same hordes like you would have set this thread ablaze even if we moved a peck downward, so please spare us your tears cos we know your kind . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=22pt]Transparency International is corrupt.
They deceive Africans.

Many do not know that our very own Thief Obasanjo was one of its founding members[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Kokorokoo: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=18pt]Transparency International is world's most corrupt and dishonest organisation. [/size]
Don't just believe all those anti-Africa agencies.
They use all media available to ensure Africa remains in perpetual conflict, disharmony and disbelief within themselves.
Africa becoming aware, gradually.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Kokorokoo: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
[size=18pt]Transparency International is world's most corrupt and dishonest organisation. [/size]
Don't just believe all those anti-Africa agencies.
They use all media available to ensure Africa remains in perpetual conflict, disharmony and disbelief within themselves.
Africa becoming aware, gradually.
Yes! Africa wake up!
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by pastoraaaaaa: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
Speechless.. ..

[size=18pt]Lady publicly Stripped and Disgraced for being almost Nake.d on street[/size]

[url=.com/2014/10/lady-publicly-stripped-and-disgraced-for-being-almost-nake-d-on-street/]Watch the video...HERE[/url]
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
The biggest problem with Nigeria is Nigerians
They would never believe in their country even when it's making improvements on certain fields
Nigerian masses are the most corrupt, and it's rife
When our parents, all and sundry would pay and bribe their way through to have things changed to their tastes.
#we really need attitudinal changes#
Until Nigerians changes their attitudes, they don't have rights to question the govt.........

Thank God we are moving upwards as a country, squashing the earlier record of being the 2nd most corrupt............to being the no. 31st ...
But in terms of the populace, we are very corrupt as being the citizens of this great country and not the govt we point fingers on...
I believe we can still do better than this....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Zuria(f): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Funny Nigerians grin grin

we have been rated 31st yet some are doubting the report. If we were rated 1st now, I'm sure I would be so tired reading statements from different press conferences with political bashing on the government.

Abeg, Congratulations Nigerians for making it possible jare grin grin grin in unity we stand #keepingthepeace

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by davitogreat(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
And they say jonathan is not working.

I remember during Obasanjors time we were always in the top 5
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by amakufrancis(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
we still get hope.
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by Rufex07(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
these guys are high on wet pawpaw leaves
Re: Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International by greaterlove(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
PassingShot:

Guy chill, why are you making so much noise? Your country that you claim to love so much use to occupy second position now it has moved to 31st in less than 8yrs and you are not happy. I am happy because we are making progress and we will continue to make progress, with the reforms taking place all around us we are making progress. Instead of lamenting we should be having discussions on how to accelerate the progress we are making.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Starts His Presidential Campaign With Bag Of Rice! / Governor Rochas Okorocha's Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu Wins APC Governorship Ticket / APC Supporters Shot In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.