Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Wanna Get Ahead In Your Acting? Read This - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wanna Get Ahead In Your Acting? Read This (860 Views)

Need To Get Your Acting Career Started? Then You Need To Read This. / Actress, Ejiro Okurame Regrets Acting Unclad In Movies / Sunita(the Movie)"yeh Vaada Raha": Do They Still Sell It: Cause I Wanna Get It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wanna Get Ahead In Your Acting? Read This by lynx200(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
I have observed the increasing numbers of so called auditions that call for payment from actors/actresses. Many especially the newbies are
embracing this trend as a way to get ahead but ponder on these facts.(Pardon me this is gonna be lengthy)
The good films like October 1, Half of a yellow sun, Invasion 1897 etc and the reigning series like Shuga, Tinsel, Lekki wives and clinic matters that you’ve all heard about never collected a dime from people when they auditioned. Yet everybody wants to see this productions. Aren’t these the type of jobs you want to tell everyone that you participated in as an actor/actress?
Most of the production houses that sell “Forms” (especially in FESTAC) are run by half baked people who don’t have what it takes to make a good film. If in doubt ask any of them to list their past jobs and see if they are worth holding a feather up to. Their films are usually wishy
washy. Why? Because the actors in it are nothing to write home about and are terrible. The picture and sound quality are next to zero and their story lines are pathetic.
If you were to ask about their sales figures the truth is they don’t sell. They find a Alaba marketer who will pay N500,000 for the movie and in order to make a profit the costs of the film must be well below this. I can confidently tell you they will not pay any of the actors in order to cut costs. Sub standard equipments and crew members are usually used and so many bad working practices abound. If you notice you will hardly see any experienced actor in their films.
To read more go to http://www.jovibabs.com/wanna-get-ahead-in-your-acting-read-this/
Re: Wanna Get Ahead In Your Acting? Read This by sholay2011(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2014
Nice one. I hope they listen.
Re: Wanna Get Ahead In Your Acting? Read This by VANTHEO: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2014
Helo Lynx, i am VANTHEO. I specialize on script writing. I have many movie scripts, tv series, beautiful soap operas etc ready and still writting others. They are nice and intersting stories full of unfolding drama and suspense. I am ready to give them out. I live in PH, pls help me Lynx. Just want good producers to read my scripts and i know you can do that for me. Contact me. Twitter: Vantheocfc. Gmail: nkoodaniel4@gmail.com. Yahoo:nkoo.daniel@yahoo.com. 08107863908 08068486437. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Post Link To Classic And Interesting Yoruba Movies On Youtube / Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies / Good Relationship And Gods Divine Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.