Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG (29323 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari / Education Jobs Rising Amidst Concerns Over Falling Standards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2014
So because Thief Obasanjo's loyalist Madam Oby-Ezekwesili said that Thief Obasanjo left money in $22Bn in ECA in a speech means that its true? undecided Are you serious??
My friend that is hearsay at best, unless you could find some credible economic data source where it is recorded.
TonySpike:

Since you are insistent, this link might be of help to you. Let us stop twisting facts and give out the right information. Obasanjo's regime instituted the Excess Crude Account (ECA) in 2004 and saved a whooping US$20 Billion jointly squandered by Presidents Yaradua and Jonathan within 5 years!

http://www.channelstv.com/2012/04/13/fg-blame-governors-for-depletion-of-excess-crude-account/

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is an IMF / World Bank agent that is running Nigeria's economy.
God help us!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl
InvertedHammer:
Okonjo Iweala is a paper tiger. She has no slightest idea of what she is doing.

She worked in a system designed as plug and play. Challenged with moulding an economy unsupervised by the Western masters, she continues to look like a deer caught in a headlight.

I bet you that a serious-minded economist from University of Ibadan or UNN could do better.

\
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by manunur(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is all because of American oil production is now number one in the world.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-04/u-s-seen-as-biggest-oil-producer-after-overtaking-saudi.html

It's actually a good thing for Nigeria, in a way. It might cause more economic diversity because our economy is basically only dependent on oil. tongue
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by lucianohase(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Don't forget your big brother next door: Ghana.
lol...our last son ghana don turn to our big brother abi? Joke of the century...hahahaaaaaa....come but ghana's economy is still in shambles nah!
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by lucianohase(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
14:

If she says Oil revenue makes about 4% of GDP, doesn't that mean the economy is diversified? But in another hand it makes 80% of Government budget, That happens when you have fake economy, in the name of being No.1 in africa is costing Nigeria. They cooked the numbers in the first place, now things are not adding up. If the oil price drops to $50, thats the end of Nigeria.

Nigeria has everything it takes,its just that we are messing up! Abi na human and natural resources except oil! We gt it all...see our ICT potential,omg! God help us to erase some old notion of as far as there is oil....Though I'm a hard core niger deltan,I oppose this over dependence on oil.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by ghananotnaija(m): 2:26am On Oct 30, 2014
lucianohase:
lol...our last son ghana don turn to our big brother abi? Joke of the century...hahahaaaaaa....come but ghana's economy is still in shambles nah!

Ghana is the father of African nations because we gained independence first, and only then did other Africans want to end colonial rule. If it weren't for Ghana, you would still be ruled from London as colonial subjects.

Ghana taught Africans dignity and self-esteem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 30, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Ghana is the father of African nations because we gained independence first, and only then did other Africans want to end colonial rule. If it weren't for Ghana, you would still be ruled from London as colonial subjects.

Sorry to be rather pedantic but...

1.Liberia...independent in 1847.
2.Ethiopia (regained independence in 1941 after five years of rule by Mussolini's Italy).
3.Tunisia (1956)
4.Sudan(1956)
5Egypt(at least nominally independent since the 19th Century).
6.The Union of South Africa(1910).

Ghana is hardly the first.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by tpia6: 4:18am On Oct 30, 2014
manunur:

It's actually a good thing for Nigeria, in a way. It might cause more economic diversity because our economy is basically only dependent on oil. tongue

i should think so.

this oil curse is so irritating.

about time.

nigeria does need to diversify its economy, i dont know of any country which is solely dependent on oil.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by lucianohase(m): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2014
ghananotnaija:

. For instance England colonised US but presently,US is england's master!Anything that US says "this is the way we want on world issue" england will say"I concur sir !".lol.... England can't challenge US economically,politicaly and militarily. Nigeria is ghana's master and u know that in ur heart. Economically,politically,n militarily in west africa' if should narrow it! There is no need dragging over something that is so obvious. Politically we have more influence in west africa than ghana,go ask any person! U knw that in ur heart. In africa as a whole, u see Nigeria,south africa and Egypt (forget about the countries experience) ,they are the once that have much influence in Africa. Ghana no follow for wetin dey happen. I knw ur heart agrees with wht I'm saying cos its the obvious truth! No need for aguements,gudmorning n v a great day!
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by CrudeGH: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
lucianohase:
. For instance England colonised US but presently,US is england's master!Anything that US says "this is the way we want on world issue" england will say"I concur sir !".lol.... England can't challenge US economically,politicaly and militarily. Nigeria is ghana's master and u know that in ur heart. Economically,politically,n militarily in west africa' if should narrow it! There is no need dragging over something that is so obvious. Politically we have more influence in west africa than ghana,go ask any person! U knw that in ur heart. In africa as a whole, u see Nigeria,south africa and Egypt (forget about the countries experience) ,they are the once that have much influence in Africa. Ghana no follow for wetin dey happen. I knw ur heart agrees with wht I'm saying cos its the obvious truth! No need for aguements,gudmorning n v a great day!

what blatant crap is this goat bleating? nigeria is Ghana's master? grin you better stop smoking those pawpaw leaves,huh? you must be the most phucked up goat on the entire planet! such typical nonsense! do you know what it means to be a master of another country? I guess you meant Ghana is nigeria's master,huh? we lead you apes in so many areas. we have a better life expectancy, our citizens have better personal security, better access to electricity, roads, water, jobs, schools etc. even we are your masters in football grin and in many other areas, magg0t!

which nonsense influence are you talking about? a country whose citizens feed from the dustbin deserves no respect,huh? who doesn't know Ghana has more influence than your sh1thole?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Johncuppa(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Agriculture is the key.
The price will continue declining. Robust economy can not be built solely on oil.

Check my articles to know more about the economy; how and why the future of the country is agriculture and how to make money and tap from its wealth.
where is d article u r talking abt, where can I read it? Jst wait for me till I finish my camping tins in less than 4 wks and u wil knw dat somebdy has been touched by ur posts on nl. I jst pray u wil nt get vex wt my questns and requests then.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Kellygold(f): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
1.2kva Inverter and new battery for only N65,000. Free deliver and Installation.
Call 08023706037

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by igbo2011(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
GenBuhari:
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is an IMF / World Bank agent that is running Nigeria's economy.
God help us!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl

Good wind help us e need to solve our own problems.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by lucianohase(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
CrudeGH:

what blatant crap is this goat bleating? nigeria is Ghana's master? grin you better stop smoking those pawpaw leaves,huh? you must be the most phucked up goat on the entire planet! such typical nonsense! do you know what it means to be a master of another country? I guess you meant Ghana is nigeria's master,huh? we lead you apes in so many areas. we have a better life expectancy, our citizens have better personal security, better access to electricity, roads, water, jobs, schools etc. even we are your masters in football grin and in many other areas, magg0t!

which nonsense influence are you talking about? a country whose citizens feed from the dustbin deserves no respect,huh? who doesn't know Ghana has more influence than your sh1thole?
Young boy,if u see mi age,I'm an adult n I dnt talk rubbish neither do I exchange vituperative uterances with ppl.It makes ppl observing us say"these r two mad ppl",so I try as much as possible to avoid it. I say what is real....why not sample the opinion of some other africans? Seeing is believing....Presently,I have a good job in a good firm and I'm feeding so well unlike when I graduated some years ago. I got mi post graduate degree n I also pay mi bills ,so I dnt see y I shuld be smking pawpaw like u said! Lol......I wouldn't blame u if u keep going on n on about how "economically good" ghana is cos u r ghanian. But u see, something that is so obvious n real can not be hidden. All I knw n see is that ghana's economy is bullshit! You see,I knw a lot about the oil n gas industry and the activities going on and I also knw my beloved country supplies enough gas to ur country...lol. Listen,we knw our problems in our almighty Nigeria n we r well able to solve it ourselves.Lest I forget,do u know the largest economy in Africa presently?? Have fun
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by ghananotnaija(m): 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Sorry to be rather pedantic but...

1.Liberia...independent in 1847.
2.Ethiopia (regained independence in 1941 after five years of rule by Mussolini's Italy).
3.Tunisia (1956)
4.Sudan(1956)
5Egypt(at least nominally independent since the 19th Century).
6.The Union of South Africa(1910).

Ghana is hardly the first.

By independent, I mean returning sovereignty to the indigenous African population. Liberia was controlled by freed American slaves at its founding, which made a de facto American colony.

Ethiopia was never recognised as a colony. It was occupied for around 10 years, so it never really gained independence.

Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan: These countries are still under Arab rule today. How are they ruled by the indigenous African people?

South Africa was not returned to indigenous rule until 1994 when Mandela took office.

So you need to read up on history, because ignorance is very embarrassing. Every educated Africans know that Ghana started the movement for indigenous self-governance in Africa.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by ghananotnaija(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
lucianohase:

Nigeria has more influence in West Africa only because of its large population size and size of economy (vulnerably dependent on oil). It does not mean that Nigeria has a good reputation or commands respect. Far from it.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
[
quote author=ghananotnaija post=27646917]

By independent, I mean returning sovereignty to the indigenous African population. Liberia was controlled by freed American slaves at its founding, which made a de facto American colony.

Liberia gained its independence in 1847. American dependent, yes. American colony? No. And the black slaves were originally from?

Ethiopia was never recognised as a colony. It was occupied for around 10 years, so it never really gained independence.

Which means that it is much older than Ghana, not so? grin
It was even the country that inspired Pan Africanists like Marcus Garvey.....

Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan: These countries are still under Arab rule today. How are they ruled by the indigenous African people?

By your definition of indigenous....the Malagasy people, the Lingala people, infact MOST african peoples won't be indigenous.

Many African tribes are migrant tribes.

And Egyptians are not Arabs BTW....and the Sudanese are mixt between Arabs and Blacks.

But they are still Africans.....so yer point does not stand.

South Africa was not returned to indigenous rule until 1994 when Mandela took office.

Oh well....the operative term is Black Majority rule. (Some black tribes migrated into South Africa ages ago....displacing the original tribes. Long story).

So you need to read up on history, because ignorance is very embarrassing. Every educated Africans know that Ghana started the movement for indigenous self-governance in Africa.

No need to be angry, old chap. And indigenous Africans are not all black.

And anyway.....the important fact is that we have done nothing with all that independence.....and no, I am not just talking about your own country.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by ghananotnaija(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
bushdoc9919:
[

Liberia gained its independence in 1847. American dependent, yes. American colony? No. And the black slaves were originally from?

Which means that it is much older than Ghana, not so? grin
It was even the country that inspired Pan Africanists like Marcus Garvey.....

By your definition of indigenous....the Malagasy people, the Lingala people, infact MOST african peoples won't be indigenous.

Many African tribes are migrant tribes.

And Egyptians are not Arabs BTW....and the Sudanese are mixt between Arabs and Blacks.

But they are still Africans.....so yer point does not stand.

Oh well....the operative term is Black Majority rule. (Some black tribes migrated into South Africa ages ago....displacing the original tribes. Long story).

No need to be angry, old chap. And indigenous Africans are not all black.

And anyway.....the important fact is that we have done nothing with all that independence.....and no, I am not just talking about your own country.

You need to read African history. Africa was once black top to bottom: from the Nile Delta to the Cape of Good Hope. Egyptians were black, but they have been wiped out, and their black blood was diluted. Same thing with the Maghreb countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya).

Rather than fighting over meaningless technicalities, African countries should unite to liberate the northern third of the continent from Arab rule.

And yes, the Malagasy are not indigenous. They are a mix between indigenous Africans and Indonesian invaders. Those with more Indonesian blood should be deported from Africa. Lingala originated in Africa, and so they do not count as invaders.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by jpphilips(m): 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
duni04:

Thank God the article said conspiracy theories. Everybody is so ready to believe there is a hidden plot somewhere while ignoring the fact that Saudi Arabia may simply be trying to guaranty its leadership in the oil market. Me I don't believe in any hidden plot or conspiracy. Its clear and open if you really want to understand.

It doesn't matter what you believe
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by jpphilips(m): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
Kellygold:
1.2kva Inverter and new battery for only N65,000. Free deliver and Installation.
Call 08023706037

How many amps is your 1.2kva inverter
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by jpphilips(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
duni04:

Saudi arabia whose economy is almost totally dependent on oil is collaborating with America, now the world's major oil supplier and whose economy is non oil driven, to punish Putin and crumble their own( Saudi arabia's) economy. Doesn't make sense.

what do you know?
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by jpphilips(m): 2:48am On Nov 17, 2014
duni04:

Thank God the article said conspiracy theories. Everybody is so ready to believe there is a hidden plot somewhere while ignoring the fact that Saudi Arabia may simply be trying to guaranty its leadership in the oil market. Me I don't believe in any hidden plot or conspiracy. Its clear and open if you really want to understand.

The article said the situation is generating conspiracy theories, what are you thinking God for?
Does it mean it is a conspiracy theory?
sometimes instead of making a mess like this, just post emoticons where you think you deserve an opinion.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by Adminisher: 2:58am On Nov 17, 2014
pekeyim:
They just noticed? A trend that has been anticipated long before now, with Shale oil and new oil discoveries found almost everywhere in Africa and Reservoirs that were seen as unprofitable are now profitable.
Global Economic growth is shrinking, even the Manufacturing power house like China's economic growth forecast has reduced. If the Supply for Oil outwit it demand greatly prices will drop. Gas supply also has increased from LNG plants across the globe. But even for 2015 budget we still pegged the price of Crude Oil above $75 per barrel. Even in an election year. That's sickening to say the least, plus a Military budget of close to 1 trillion this year in review and we still had to take a loan of $1billion dollars. Having 2 ministers in a Ministry, the National Assembly and Senate keep voting huge cash to themselves for sitting.

We all see where we are Heading!!!

That's Dumbo economics for you. There is no brain power to manage austerity with this president. Okonjo is going away in May, 2015, Aganga, Adesina and maybe Mobola Johnson. All of them have better stiff to do internationally.
If Dumbo wins then the government will be in the hands of some unknown profligate oafs led by an intellectually challenged president and the worst might just happen to this country.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Falling Oil Price : FG by duni04(m): 3:07am On Nov 17, 2014
jpphilips:

The article said the situation is generating conspiracy theories, what are you thinking God for?
Does it mean it is a conspiracy theory?
sometimes instead of making a mess like this, just post emoticons where you think you deserve an opinion.
undecided Go and sleep jor

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which State Is The Most Peaceful In Nigeria? / Ghana To Re-open Nigerian Shops / Reno Omokri Reacts To Tinubu’s Comment Of Buhari Deserving Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.