Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... (6539 Views)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / If You Need Funding For Trading In Agric Bulk Commodities- Check This Thread. / Social Media Connection And My Agric- Proposal To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 8:52am On Oct 27, 2014
"FarmBaskit" is a Nigerian brand owned by a group of four young fresh graduates; Alabi Olayinka, Dada Stephen, Agubaohia Henry and Adeyemo Adeola. It is an agro distribution company started in 2014 with the aim of developing the capacity of food distribution channel in Nigeria and Africa, revolutionize agriculture by blending the process with technology and modern mechanism, and also create more jobs by encouraging young people to go into farming in a more dynamic way.
The four friends who met on Dada Stephen's CEOS HUB {a group on WhatsApp}, came together to brainstorm on how to get people to eat fresh foods from the farm which will enable better health condition and lifestyle of people in a way that will be unique and outstanding. This was how the idea of the incorporation of FarmBaskit Limited as a duly registered company which would have the legal right to operate in Nigeria came to life. The team immediately discovered a wide gap between the lifestyle of poor farmers and the rich market retailers, this motivated the company to come up with a strategy to enrich the farmers and make life easier for them.
Before now, farmers in remote rural areas always succumb to the challenge of bad road networks which makes it difficult for them to convey their harvests to the market. This gave room for exploitation from people who have access to the developed world, hence having to buy from them at ridiculous prices and sell at exorbitant rates in the cities.
The FarmBaskit team came up with www.farmbaskit.com as the world's first "strictly agricultural eCommerce website" where people can order for fresh farm products from the comfort of their homes and it gets delivered to their doorstep.
FarmBaskit hopes to be a house hold brand, not only in Nigeria but in the entire continent of Africa. The company is currently experiencing rapid growth on a daily basis.
http://www.farmbaskit.com/index.php/blog

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by paranorman(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2014
Great initiative i must say, i man like innovation...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Thank you, we must also say thanks to nairaland for making this platform to be beneficial to great minds. God bless Nigeria.
paranorman:
Great initiative i must, i man like innovation...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by paranorman(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2014
FarmBaskit:
Thank you, we must also say thanks to nairaland for making this platform to be beneficial to great minds. God bless Nigeria.
aii' no P.. But i think ur website needs improvement, esp in mobile. i want something so world class.. Something i visit and i wont want to leave.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2014
Noted sir, thanks for the encouragement. We will be working on your suggestion immediately because with what we have now, we are ready for the load of order requests ahead of the festive seasons coming up.
paranorman:

aii' no P.. But i think ur website needs improvement, esp in mobile. i want something so world class.. Something i visit and i wont want to leave.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Hardiolarh: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2014
Great innovation guyz

1 Like

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Callfubu(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2014
This is going to be the next best thing in the world #farmbaskit
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Callfubu(m): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2014
paranorman:

thank you for the feedback sir, keep them coming
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2014
Thanks
Hardiolarh:
Great innovation guyz
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2014
Farmers can also contact us via info@farmbaskit.com or call 08093094017, 08077204837 to get assistance in distributing their farm produce.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
The photoshop job on that van was so bad it stares in ur eyes and hurts it...

Work on it

5 Likes

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
Thanks
Any other thing?
SLIDEwaxie:

Work on it
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
DONE!
We would need more constructive views.
SLIDEwaxie:

Work on it
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by DadaStephen1(m): 3:38am On Oct 28, 2014
Great!
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by iraycom: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
you should add those items okomu palm oil 4 litter, groundnut oil, bag of Rice, garri, plantain amala semo and look for expart to redisign your website with less colour

1 Like

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

Work on it

grin grin
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wow these are the young people powering Nigeria's future! I aam so impressed with this idea. You guys could become billionaires off this if you run it properly.
Don't stop!
I repeat, don't stop!
Your names will be written in Gold!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Agroinfotech: 12:27am On Nov 02, 2014
Good to have you on board Farmbaskit. You need to research well to tidy up your slogan. "World's #1 e-commerce......"
I can give you more that 25 links to refute that, even in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2014
rickkid:
Wow these are the young people powering Nigeria's future! I aam so impressed with this idea. You guys could become billionaires off this if you run it properly.
Don't stop!
I repeat, don't stop!
Your names will be written in Gold!
God bless you. your encouragement keep us going.
we are growing everyday.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 8:30am On Nov 03, 2014
NOTED.
Agroinfotech:
Good to have you on board Farmbaskit. You need to research well to tidy up your slogan. "World's #1 e-commerce......"
I can give you more that 25 links to refute that, even in Nigeria.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by jaydee87(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2014
nice one guy good idea great innovation.. keep it up....
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 11:53am On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks
Jahbless
Please follow us on Twitter; @farmbaskit
jaydee87:
nice one guy good idea great innovation.. keep it up....
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2014
Please be the first to benefit from the FarmBaskit Surprise for Nigeria in December 2014, just visit www.farmbaskit.com and subscribe for our newsletter.
DAZZ ALL!!!!!!!
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by stonecoldcafe: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2014
o
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmTech(m): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
@Farmbaskit, do you have market for rabbit meats?
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Thank you for your encouragement, God bless you.
stonecoldcafe:
Una well done ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don go look una site come back. You guys are trying. The website format and all is great(whoever designed it did a brilliant job). Its a new business n with time things will definately improve. eg different types of fruit and fish etc Truly e commerce is the way forward.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2014
FarmTech:
@Farmbaskit, do you have market for rabbit meats?
of course, Rabbit will come under the livestock category.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2014
All farmers should please send the following information to info@farmbaskit.com ;
Name:
Farm Name:
Farm Address:
Personal Address:
Contact Phone number(s):
email Address:
Farm Produce:
Capacity:
Wholesale Unit Price:
Retail Unit Price:
Pictures of farm produce...

we will contact you and tell you how we can help you.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2014
We also help market agric processing or packaging machines too.
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by Kennyfancy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nice work ?
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by FarmBaskit: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2014
Thank you
Kennyfancy:
Nice work ?
Re: 4 Nairalanders Launch Agric Ecommerce Website.... by skentelelady(f): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
FarmBaskit:
"FarmBaskit" is a Nigerian brand owned by a group of four young fresh graduates; Alabi Olayinka, Dada Stephen, Agubaohia Henry and Adeyemo Adeola. It is an agro distribution company started in 2014 with the aim of developing the capacity of food distribution channel in Nigeria and Africa, revolutionize agriculture by blending the process with technology and modern mechanism, and also create more jobs by encouraging young people to go into farming in a more dynamic way.
The four friends who met on Dada Stephen's CEOS HUB {a group on WhatsApp}, came together to brainstorm on how to get people to eat fresh foods from the farm which will enable better health condition and lifestyle of people in a way that will be unique and outstanding. This was how the idea of the incorporation of FarmBaskit Limited as a duly registered company which would have the legal right to operate in Nigeria came to life. The team immediately discovered a wide gap between the lifestyle of poor farmers and the rich market retailers, this motivated the company to come up with a strategy to enrich the farmers and make life easier for them.
Before now, farmers in remote rural areas always succumb to the challenge of bad road networks which makes it difficult for them to convey their harvests to the market. This gave room for exploitation from people who have access to the developed world, hence having to buy from them at ridiculous prices and sell at exorbitant rates in the cities.
The FarmBaskit team came up with www.farmbaskit.com as the world's first "strictly agricultural eCommerce website" where people can order for fresh farm products from the comfort of their homes and it gets delivered to their doorstep.
FarmBaskit hopes to be a house hold brand, not only in Nigeria but in the entire continent of Africa. The company is currently experiencing rapid growth on a daily basis.
http://www.farmbaskit.com/index.php/blog

Moderator,

Please send this to front page.

We need to promote our own in this country and beyond. Let people see this esp the youth

Thank you

@ Farmbaskit, God will continue to replenish your business and grant you wisdom to be greater than how you have imagined to be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brewery waste available for sale! / Snail Farming, Why Archachatina Marginata In Nigeria? / Man Kills Lion With Bare Hands In Kwande, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.