Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? (12663 Views)

Is CAN related to Boko Haraam? / Is Smoking Also Shun Upon By Muslims? / Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Youngwee(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2014
Ruling on smoking

Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings be on His Prophet SAWS. Smoking is one of the things which has caused a lot of problems and harm these days and it has spread like wild fire. Before we discuss this topic in detail, we should know that Allaah the Almighty has divided things in the world into two types, good or permissible (al-tayyibaat, al-halaal) and evil or prohibited (al- khabaa'ith, al-haraam), and there is no third type.Allah says (interpretationof the meaning) in surat al-A'raaf (7:157): "And He makes good things halaal for them and bad things haraam." Considering this fact, smoking can either be permissible and good or prohibited and evil. Thus, we present some of its characteristics and let the person asking the question see himself in which type lies smoking. There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for health. It is one of the major causes of lung cancer and other diseases. It is also one of the major causes of death. Since, it is known that the Islamic law prohibits everything that is harmful for a human being. Allah said (interpretation of meaning): "Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful unto you." (Suratal-Nisaa' 4:29) In addition, His Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said: "There is no harm or causing of harm (in Islaam)." (Arabic "laa darar wa laa diraar"wink He SAWS (peace be upon him) also said: "A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about ... his body as to what he engaged it in." Smoking also goes against the saying of the Prophet SAWS: "Your body has a right on you." There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for the health of others who inhale the polluted breath of the smoker. Medical research has proven the harmful effects of smoking mothers on their children. The offensive smell caused by smoking is a source of pain to the worshippers of Allah among humans and angels. The angels are offended and suffer from the same things that the human beings suffer from. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who cause harm to believing men and women without any reason do a great sin." (Surat al-Ahzaab, 33:58) The money that is spent on cigarettes is used on buying a harmful thing and is therefore an extravagance. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning): "… and do not be extravagant wasters. Those who are extravagant are kinsmen of Satan." (Surat al-Israa' 17:26-27) Extravagance (in Islam) means spending on something haraam. Spending money on cigarettes is a waste of resources as well. The Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said: "A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about..... what he owned as to how he spent it." Considering all that has been presented, it can be clearly seen that smoking is an evil among many others. It is not permissible to indulge in it, or buy and sell it, or even to offer it to others. It is incumbent on a person who is addicted to it that he must make all efforts and get whatever necessary treatment to stop it. If the unbelievers have understood the harm caused by smoking and made laws regarding it, the Muslims should be even more eager tostop it and treat those who are addicted to it. We ask Allah the Almighty to cure everyone indulging in this evil and help him in giving it up. Allah is the Best Guide to the Right Path.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Rich4god(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2014
Mynd44 and co... Plz do the needful...
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by JackBizzle: 5:44am On Oct 28, 2014
Unfortunately, millions of muslims smoke in public.

Some see it as halal but i think many see it as haram

7 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by khattab02: 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ameen! Jazakallahu khairan op!

Wonder why people indulge in what is not beneficient to their health? Some will tell you '' it is like blood tonic to them'' imagine? This shows how far the addiction has gone.

May Allah make it easy for them stop, ameen!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by gistmelove(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2014
yes
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by seangy4konji: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Ojestas(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2014
No b only haaram but boko haaram. .

BTW, oP or moderators,what's the meaning "if u r a Muslim, click yes. . non Muslims, click no". .This is Nairaland and not for a religion.

In other news, i mistakenly clicked yes, before i knew it,,my profile has been autochanged. . abeg , remove am before i tell Seun.

5 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2014
Why is Nairaland asking me if i'm a muslim before i post reply? Like if you n0ticed it too wink

4 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2014
Jazakallahu kairan

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Ahmed4002(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2014
Never underestimate the power of asking for
Allah's forgiveness. It's the weapon that
brings you back to Allah and can ease your
hardship...jumaa Mubarak to the entire Muslim ummah of Nl

4 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by maryam6(f): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2014
jreyez, it's too early 4 intolerance.

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by harthonder(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2014
Maashallahu
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by BruzMoney(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2014
Its may be! because no Anobi smokes ciggarette
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by xclusive43(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2014
good

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by xclusive43(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2014
Maashallah Op. I like it that you really elucidated why it is haram.. Even if not openly stated in the Holy Qur'an

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Barselonia(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2014
Really

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by tolaxin(m): 11:59am On Nov 07, 2014
Jazakum'llahu kaeran!
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by merits(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by shakur4luv(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
merits:
OLORIKORI NI BOBO YI SHA

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Canme4u(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jazakumulahi Aheran.

Jumat Mubarak to all Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by NupeZalla(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
jazakallah khair @ Op..Juma'at Mubarak to all ummah

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by holatin(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
no in country with cold defect but in sunny country na HARAM.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Limibanti(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
Its a nice thread...I pray that smokers will be able to stop but as muslims, I will encourage us all to tolerate smokers and not look them as sinners..Then we orientate them. May Allah accept if for us as an act of Ibadah..amin

3 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by secnelly: 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
I unknowingly punched yes. So I have to say something.

Pipo can be afraid o... including me sha.

This topic has been on FP up to 3hrs, no THREAD CLOSED and yet I could still hit page zero....hmmmm

Click like if you see what am seeing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Shittuakeem(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Allah Akbar, many people thinks that smoking is halal even me, but now I no it's haram. I encouraged the smokers to desist and may Allah in its infinite mercy help them.

Jumat Mubarak!
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by ademoladeji(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
On smoking, I think it's more of conditional necessity. Some smoke due to the climatic condition of their immediate environment while some do it as social practice. Remembering actions are judged according to intentions.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by probsolver: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jazakumullahu khaeran @op
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by faval(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ojestas:
No b only haaram but boko haaram. .

BTW, oP or moderators,what's the meaning "if u r a Muslim, click yes. . non Muslims, click no". .This is Nairaland and not for a religion.

In other news, i mistakenly clicked yes, before i knew it,,my profile has been autochanged. . abeg , remove am before i tell Seun.
we boko peeps too de smoke. we too lyk high because of se we no de drink beer. d smoke de giv us moral to plant bombs. if nt smoke Mohammed for not fit write koran........infact i de on 2sticks of benson as i de type dis tin sef.......al hail d most HIGH allah.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by badmarket: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
ok, noted

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab? / Permissible Excuses For Breaking The Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.