Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

"People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond (1885 Views)

7 New Busty And Talented Actresses Shaking Yoruba Movies Right Now / Ini Edo Stuns In Blue Dress For Honourable Desmond Elliot’s Inaugural Reception / I Don't Act With Actresses My Wife Does Not Like.......Nollywood Actor, Nuhu Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by ashantemoore(f): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Recall that Nollywood actor, Desmond Elliot was criticized for trying to act Yoruba so he could contest for a seat in the House of Assembly, after the release of his campaign posters bearing a middle name "Olushola". While speaking with City People in a recent chat, the actor defended his name saying;

“I am from Lagos state. My father is from Olowogbowo in Lagos Island but my mother is from Delta state. I refer to myself as being a Pan-African. People don’t believe I am a Lagosian because I seldom act in Yoruba movies. And I didn’t include the Shola in my name. Then because my surname is also English, many couldn’t differentiate which made people confused of where exactly I am from. I am very detribalised. People of my constituency know my story and know where I come from. I have always used Shola in my primary school days. I went to Air Force Primary School in Plateau and later attended St John’s College, both in Jos. I proceeded to Lagos State University where I studied Economics and graduated in 2003.″

http://enquizzle..com/2014/10/people-dont-believe-im-lagosian-because.html

Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wrong reason.

It is because a yoruba name surfaced as soon as you started eyeing a seat in the house of Assembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
I been think say that Dude na. Akwa ibom state boy.. .. him too associate with. Emen Isong and AkwaIbom actors

3 Likes

Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by chimerase2: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Is hoe-kay undecided
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by zeelo2014: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ride on Desmond, don't mind tribalists. Its like saying Genevieve or Jim Iyke shouldn't contest in their state cos they don't act Igbo movies.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by Ilovenigeria(f): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
As if we care.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by Ilovenigeria(f): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
zeelo2014:
Ride on Desmond, don't mind tribalists. Its like saying Genevieve or Jim Iyke shouldn't contest in their state cos they don't act Igbo movies.
Oga oooooo
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by ChristyG(f): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
zeelo2014:
deir names already give dem out about where dey are from 'nnaji,iyke'..unlike desmond elliot dat has no yoruba in it.people like omotola,olu jacobs,ireti doyle dont really act in yoruba films yet we all know dey are yorubas.dat his reason is senseless and id1otic
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by amakufrancis(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
guy you wanna deny we the niger deltan? E no fair o.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by zeelo2014: 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
ChristyG:
deir names already give dem out about where dey are from 'nnaji,iyke'..unlike desmond elliot dat has no yoruba in it.people like omotola,olu jacobs,ireti doyle dont really act in yoruba films yet we all know dey are yorubas.dat his reason is senseless and id1otic
So, what has he done wrong so far? And what do u think he should have done in the past? Also take into cognisance Kate Henshaw, that is contesting in Cross River, and accepted by her people.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by ChristyG(f): 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
zeelo2014:

So, what has he done wrong so far? And what do u think he should have done in the past? Also take into cognisance Kate Henshaw, that is contesting in Cross River, and accepted by her people.
kate henshaw has always identified with her calabar peeps,eveybody knows she is from dere unlike desmond dat many did not know he is from lagos talkless of being yoruba,dis is not about acting in yoruba films.he comes across as a user and a confused fellow.in a country like nigeria,u can never be neutral.d fact his first name is shola but he never used it in nollywood,now he wants to go into politics,he now remember dat he is shola abi?he is not smart at all.2015 is almost here,let see how his plan works
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by englishmart(m): 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
I'm very sorry, but this really isn't my business
He can choose to be from kwara.
Oho!
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by samseen02(m): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
why should they? Even ur name don't sound like one
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by zeelo2014: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
ChristyG:
kate henshaw has always identified with her calabar peeps,eveybody knows she is from dere unlike desmond dat many did not know he is from lagos talkless of being yoruba,dis is not about acting in yoruba films.he comes across as a user and a confused fellow.in a country like nigeria,u can never be neutral.d fact his first name is shola but he never used it in nollywood,now he wants to go into politics,he now remember dat he is shola abi?he is not smart at all.2015 is almost here,let see how his plan works
ohhhk. The issue is that he just came out with his middle name? How about Kate Henshaw that brought out her first name for the first time ever, 'Offiong' and noone seems to care there or Tetula that we never knew his name is Olanrewaju. I just don't understand where this country is heading to. The earlier we eradicate state of origin the better for us.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by ChristyG(f): 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
zeelo2014:

ohhhk. The issue is that he just came out with his middle name? How about Kate Henshaw that brought out her first name for the first time ever, 'Offiong' and noone seems to care there or Tetula that we never knew his name is Olanrewaju. I just don't understand where this country is heading to. The earlier we eradicate state of origin the better for us.
state of origin is here to stay,especially if nigeria still remains a country,dere is nothing like a detribalised nigerian,kate and tony always associated with their roots unlike desmond dat is forming detribalised.i ave always known tony is yoruba,so with kate, infact dere was a short film kate henshaw did for ebonylifetv dat was shot in calabar,she even visited d obong wife and dat was before she announced her political interest.so u cant compare dose ones with desmond case.
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by zeelo2014: 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
ChristyG:
state of origin is here to stay,especially if nigeria still remains a country,dere is nothing like a detribalised nigerian,kate and tony always associated with their roots unlike desmond dat is forming detribalised.i ave always known tony is yoruba,so with kate, infact dere was a short film kate henshaw did for ebonylifetv dat was shot in calabar,she even visited d obong wife and dat was before she announced her political interest.so u cant compare dose ones with desmond case.
Hmmm. Had to take a peep at ur profile, from the 3 carefully selected topics u have and the people u follow, now I get a clearer picture. Interesting, nice meeting u. wink
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by ChristyG(f): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
zeelo2014:

Hmmm. Had to take a peep at ur profile, from the 3 carefully selected topics u have and the people u follow, now I get a clearer picture. Interesting, nice meeting u. wink
warefa
Re: "People Don't Believe I'm Lagosian Because I Don't Act Yoruba Movies" - Desmond by kokoA(m): 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
I thought he is from Bukinafaso

(1) (Reply)

The $4million House Genevieve Nnaji Bought In Ghana / See This Strange TBT Photo Uche Jombo Posted Online... You Like? / {SEE PHOTOS} Omotola, Waje And Yemi Alade Looked Stunning For A Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.