Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1441107 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sollie123(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
My elders here, is it the name only, signature or name and signature that is required on the guarantor's passport photograph? Response urgently needed.
Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
mentor56:
Good morning guys, thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread. I was scheduled for interview on Monday, on getting there I was asked to come on Wednesday for national id card, I was given a number. When I stepped out all those guys around was asking me to bring 7k if I want to get my id card that day and also 10k to open file for me. I refused went home and came back on Wednesday. I was able to do my national id card free, also I submitted my payment details to servicom, those guys were excellent. I stamped my guarantor form there. I finished the process, was asked to go home and come back for capturing. I begged the servicom guy there that my place was far, he took me to the place and I was able to do my capturing that same day. I didn't pay anybody 1kobo. Those servicom guys were excellent. When my file got to the capturing unit, all other files was suspended just to attend to me. I will advice anybody to follow due process, God bless Nigeria

From the order of things in your statement, it means you applied for the standard passport and not enhanced passport since you already had your payment details available before doing the National Identity Registration. Am I right?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
opeyemi2012:
I'm currently at the NIS HQ, Sauka, Abuja. I must say the process here is pretty seamless. Got here around 11.40am. I forgot to stamp my guarantor's form before getting here. Luckily, there is a court within the premises and I was attended to in 3 minutes after paying N700.

I proceeded to the passport application processing office. You are requested to generate an electronic ticket yourself before stepping into the waiting room. Your ticket number will appear on an electronic board in front of the counter when it is your turn. There are about 12 or more counters and it took less than 8 minutes before I was attended to.

Altogether, I spent less than 30 minutes because there are not many applicants today.

I'm impressed with the process. I was told my PP will be ready on 22nd of July 2020. That's just 7 work days from today.

Better times are here.

PS: I didnt wait for my interview date which was slated for 22nd July 2022 anyway. I guess it was a system error. Just go with all the required documents and you will be attended to.
Sequel to my last post, I collected my international passport today. My passport was ready in 4 work days without paying extra 1 kobo to anyone.

Why not 22nd but 17th? Well, I got an SMS from NIS on Wednesday 15th July (two days after capturing) stating that the names on my birth certificate does not correspond with that on my application. Truly, my birth certificate has a name which I dont use anymore but I submitted a court affidavit for change of name along with my application. I do not know why they overlooked the affidavit. I went there yesterday to explain myself and after much argument whether to get NPC declaration of age or not, a lady there (so polite, attentive and sweet) took interest in my case and offered to help. She promised to call me if I would eventually need NPC DoA and that I should just scan and send via email if need be. However, upon getting home, I received a call from her telling me my passport has being printed and asked me to come collect it today -three day earlier than the initial date. shocked

I'm really thankful to God and those professional officers at the HQ for the seamless process.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
sollie123:
My elders here, is it the name only, signature or name and signature that is required on the guarantor's passport photograph? Response urgently needed.
Thank you
Name and signature

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
SaintAY:
Hello guys can anyone please give a description of a court, where the guarantors form could be stamped
There are courts within the premises of each passport office.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thiwalade:
Good morning everyone, Please i am about to start the process of obtaining my international passport in Lagos, Ogun, and its environs in Nigeria. I would like a step by step guide on the process. Is it safer to do it online or offline?
Sorry but which one is Lagos, Ogun and its environs? Decide on a passport office you want to use and start your application online. Just take note of previous comments on the last few pages cos some passport offices could be very corrupt. Based on my experience at the national headquarters, everyone was professional.

Standard e-passport (32pages and 5 years validity) is 25k. If you are paying cash at bank, there is an extra charge of 500 but if you are paying via debit card, there is an extra charge of 1k. After paying, print your Acknowledgement of receipt, updated biodata form, and your guarantor's form. You will need a photocopy of your guarantor's passport biodata page and NIN card/slip or driver's license (NIN card/slip preferably).

You will also attach photocopies of your NIN card/slip and birth certificate or declaration of age. Have your guarantor fill the 2 pages of the guarantor's form and write his/her full name (also sign) at the back of one of his/her photograph. Proceed to court and have your guarantor's form stamped.

Submit all these and if you are lucky, you can be captured same day especially if there are no much people waiting to be captured.

As soon as you are captured and you confirm all your details correctly, you will be given a collection slip stating the date of collection - usually doesnt exceed 2 weeks.

After collecting your passport, go to the activation desk and activate it. Cheers!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MikkieEl: 12:58am On Jul 18, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Sorry but which one is Lagos, Ogun and its environs? Decide on a passport office you want to use and start your application online. Just take note of previous comments on the last few pages cos some passport offices could be very corrupt. Based on my experience at the national headquarters, everyone was professional.

Standard e-passport (32pages and 5 years validity) is 25k. If you are paying cash at bank, there is an extra charge of 500 but if you are paying via debit card, there is an extra charge of 1k. After paying, print your Acknowledgement of receipt, updated biodata form, and your guarantor's form. You will need a photocopy of your guarantor's passport biodata page and NIN card/slip or driver's license (NIN card/slip preferably).

You will also attach photocopies of your NIN card/slip and birth certificate or declaration of age. Have your guarantor fill the 2 pages of the guarantor's form and write his/her full name (also sign) at the back of one of his/her photograph. Proceed to court and have your guarantor's form stamped.

Submit all these and if you are lucky, you can be captured same day especially if there are no much people waiting to be captured.

As soon as you are captured and you confirm all your details correctly, you will be given a collection slip stating the date of collection - usually doesnt exceed 2 weeks.

After collecting your passport, go to the activation desk and activate it. Cheers!
This is helpful. Hope this is applicable across the Nation?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by holuwar: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2020
Growingboi:
@Thane

The one without NIN is what some refer to as standard passport

please I want to renew my passport but when I want to pay online, its showing 17500. please is this correct or wrong? please would the renewed passport be the enhanced e-passport. please I would be glad to get a reply as soon as possible. thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by holuwar: 1:13am On Jul 18, 2020
Growingboi:
Document 1 is standard e-passport Document 2 is enhanced e-passport(with NIN)

please how do I pay for the one with NIN online?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by holuwar: 1:37am On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=ohizzy post=90484610]
please what is the content of the application letter for renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Thane(m): 2:10am On Jul 18, 2020
holuwar:

please I want to renew my passport but when I want to pay online, its showing 17500. please is this correct or wrong? please would the renewed passport be the enhanced e-passport. please I would be glad to get a reply as soon as possible. thanks

yes that's the official price but those immigration officers will probably tell you stories, most people pay 40k
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ohizzy(m): 3:49am On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=holuwar post=91826561][/quote]

Don’t worry yourself. You’ll find a sample pasted on the servicom wall, all you need to do is edit it with your details and you good.

Also, don’t listen to those immigration guys telling you someone needs to help you open file blah blah blah. Just walk to servicom directly and all your request will be attended to.

Regards.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2020
holuwar:
please how do I pay for the one with NIN online?

The last time I check, you can only get the enhanced passport in ikoyi, Abuja, and I think Ikeja registration centres. If you choose any other centre outside these, you are going for the ordinary e passport which is 17k in price.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sollie123(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
On the guarantor's form, is it must he/she fills the asset part?
Is it okay to leave it blank?
opeyemi2012:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sollie123(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Name and signature
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
sollie123:
On the guarantor's form, is it must he/she fills the asset part?
Is it okay to leave it blank?
Dont leave it blank. If you do, you will still be asked to fill it. I went with mine blank and the officer who attended to me politely guided me on what needs to be filled.

I simply walked out, filled in the asset part myself (Cash = N162k, other assets = 1 car and shares certificates) and walked back in. smiley

The only part you can leave blank is the third part on the first page. Cheers!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
cheesy
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Dont leave it blank. If you do, you will still be asked to fill it. I went with mine blank and the officer who attended to me politely guided me on what needs to be filled.

I simply walked out, filled in the asset part myself (Cash = N162k, other assets = 1 car and shares certificates) and walked back in. smiley

You just guessed and wrote it or this is what your guarantor actually have?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Itzpretzy:

I went to Ikoyi passport office today. I got there by 7am and i was allowed in by past 8am.
The officers at servicom were in a meeting so I had to wait till past 9 when they finished their meeting. I proceeded to stamp my guarantor's form and went to submit my documents at servicom.
After the officer filed my documents, he told me to come back for capturing on a date that would be communicated to me via text.
Since I had plans to do capturing today, I begged him but he refused and directed me to a senior officer. After about one minute of begging and explaining how far my place was, he finally allowed me to go for capturing.
I followed his directions and finally did the capturing. I left the passport office at exactly 11:30am. I was told my passport would be ready in 10 days.

Thanks to everyone that offered help during this process.

Is there a court around there that stamp your guarantor Form? and how much?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mujidatr: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
opeyemi2012:
For those asking or confused, this is what the enhanced e-passport looks like.....
OK thank you.
My passport has expired and i will love to renew and do a change of name. What are the steps to take and how much will it cost me?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mujidatr: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
OK thank you.
My passport has expired and i will love to renew and do a change of name. What are the steps to take and how much will it cost me?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Itzpretzy(f): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Richdee1:

Is there a court around there that stamp your guarantor Form? and how much?
Yes, there's a court there.
500 naira
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Itzpretzy:

Yes, there's a court there.
500 naira

Hi itzpretzy.

I would be starting my passport application next two weeks and I want to believe you did yours in Lagos.

I understand the processes involved, but can you give me tips that would make it faster?

I plan doing it myself.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SaintAY(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
opeyemi2012:
There are courts within the premises of each passport office.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
Davny:
I just made payments for the new passport, am going by next week Tuesday

Hi Davny, can you share your experience from start to finish?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sollie123(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
You are simply the best. Thank you!
opeyemi2012:

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
Richdee1:

You just guessed and wrote it or this is what your guarantor actually have?
Lol. What do you think?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
sollie123:
You are simply the best. Thank you!
Welcome Sir
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
SaintAY:

Thank you very much
Welcome Sir
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opeyemi2012(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mujidatr:
OK thank you.

Expired Validity

Application Letter;
Passport Booklet;
Photocopy of Data Page of Passport;
Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment

Unexpired Validity

Application Letter;
Passport Booklet;
If Validity is more than Six (6) Months,
Applicant should state reason(s);
Photocopy of Data Page of Passport;
Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

Due to Correction of Error(s)

Application Letter stating reason(s) for change;
If more than one [1] alphabet, attach evidence of payment of non-refundable Administrative Charge of N30,000.00 only;
Previous documentary evidences to support request;
Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of correction of error, deposed to by Applicant;
Passport Booklet and Copy of Data Page;
Acknowledgement Slip & Evidence of Payment of passport fees if application is approved;

Replacement of names
Addition of names
Deletion of names
Rearrangement of names

Application Letter stating reasons for the request and attached with evidence of payment of non-refundable Administrative Charge of N30,000.00 only.
Previous documentary evidences to support request.
Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of Change of Name deposed to by Applicant with passport sized photograph attached.
Copy of Newspaper Publication of Change of name 21 days after the publication.
Passport Booklet and Copy of Data Page of passport.
Acknowledgement Slip & Evidence of Payment of passport fees if application is approved.

Loss of Passport

Application Letter stating circumstances/place of loss;
Extract of Police Report of Lost Passport;
In case of loss due to fire outbreak, Fire Service Report is mandatory;
Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of lost passport deposed to by applicant and applicant’s passport photo attached;
Acknowledgement Slip and evidence of payment.

*NB: Where a passport was declared lost and reissued, if recovered, the holder shall immediately notify the Nigeria Immigration Service of recovery and submit passport for cancellation.

Cost will depend on which passport you are opting for. Standard passport or enhanced ePassport. If you are opting for the enhanced passport, your National Identity card will also be required.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.