Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1446296 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jobgetter(m): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2022
Please did anyone have issues with rearrangement of names during passport renewal? If yes what's the way forward?

Name on old passport Uba Ayo Ahmed
Name on NIN Uba Ahmed Ayo
Name that will be on new passport Uba Ahmed Ayo.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Galvin: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2022
Good morning to you all

I'm asking these few questions to know so as to make best decision & I'd really appreciate your response.

Before my passport expired in Feb 5th 2022, I applied online for a renewal in Jan 3rd 2022 & I captured on Feb 10th 2022 @ NIS Warri office, the NIS Officer told me there's no booklet to issue cos even those who applied 4months ago haven't gotten theirs. That I might not get mine even in the next 6months & I need it urgently.

Questions:
1. Can I reapply for a renewal in another state that booklet to issue?
2. If yes, which state will you recommend (with address Pls)?
3. How long does it take to be issued?
4. If I can't get it immediately can it be sent via courier services after its been processed?
5. How much will 32 pages cost?

Thank you for your response.
#9jagobeta
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2022
Galvin:
Good morning to you all

I'm asking these few questions to know so as to make best decision & I'd really appreciate your response.

Before my passport expired in Feb 5th 2022, I applied online for a renewal in Jan 3rd 2022 & I captured on Feb 10th 2022 @ NIS Warri office, the NIS Officer told me there's no booklet to issue cos even those who applied 4months ago haven't gotten theirs. That I might not get mine even in the next 6months & I need it urgently.

Questions:
1. Can I reapply for a renewal in another state that booklet to issue?
2. If yes, which state will you recommend (with address Pls)?
3. How long does it take to be issued?
4. If I can't get it immediately can it be sent via courier services after its been processed?
5. How much will 32 pages cost?

Thank you for your response.
#9jagobeta

1: No
2: No
3: Renewal is 3 weeks, Fresh is 6 weeks.
4: No
5: Check their website.

Suggested Solution: Go to Twitter, write to the official Nigeria immigration service with your enrollment number and explain your ordeal. They may not reply easily hence you need to SPAM them with a tweet every hour so they'll reply you.

Solution 2: I believe the officer must have even overcharged you. Talk to him he'll tell you to pay a certain amount so they can issue your passport ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:34am On Feb 23, 2022
jobgetter:
Please did anyone have issues with rearrangement of names during passport renewal? If yes what's the way forward?Name on old passport Uba Ayo Ahmed
Name on NIN Uba Ahmed Ayo
Name that will be on new passport Uba Ahmed Ayo.
you just want to complicate issues. Why are you changing the name arrangement from what was on your old passport?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good day guys. Please i have the following enquiries.

I want to get my passport using DIY but words on the street is that 32 pages is scarce and may not be ready anytime soon. Anyone did 32 pages 5 years and collected within 6 weeks?

I got this from an agent who says he can deliver 64 pages within 2 weeks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rayhanna: 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
michaelf284:
Was it DIY?
How many pages pls??

Yes, diy 32 pages.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Galvin: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks for your advice & contribution, I wasn't over charged, I actually did the registration by myself online. Judging from your response, I refuse to loose hope, I believe there can be a way I can have the passport within the next 2weeks.

IntrovertGuy:

1: No
2: No
3: Renewal is 3 weeks, Fresh is 6 weeks.
4: No
5: Check their website.

Suggested Solution: Go to Twitter, write to the official Nigeria immigration service with your enrollment number and explain your ordeal. They may not reply easily hence you need to SPAM them with a tweet every hour so they'll reply you.

Solution 2: I believe the officer must have even overcharged you. Talk to him he'll tell you to pay a certain amount so they can issue your passport ASAP.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gaeul(f): 5:14am On Feb 25, 2022
Rayhanna:

My son captured on the 31st January and i got a text in the 12th February that it’s ready. Most likely yours should have been ready too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gaeul(f): 5:42am On Feb 25, 2022
Please, is Asaba DIY friendly.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lifenajeje(m): 5:57am On Feb 25, 2022
Good day pls anyone with an idea on what it cost to renew Nigerian passport for adult and child in United States

Would also love to know how long one wouid have to wait for the process.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Bull332: 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Good afternoon house, am currently at Lokoja now and i wish to get my passport from here. But the issue is when I called the number I saw online, they have been telling me that there is no booklet. But if I come they can assist me but d price would be 35,000 against 17,000 I saw online. Has anyone gotten his/her passport recently at lokoja? I wish to do DIY. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Largehrt(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Luisema4luv:
Is there nobody that captured from 1st that have received their passport in alausa office yet? DIY o
Yes, I did on the 1st. An officer I know there just confirmed that mine is ready. Will be going on sunday to pick it up, apparently they do collection on sundays.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
Largehrt:
Yes, I did on the 1st. An officer I know there just confirmed that mine is ready. Will be going on sunday to pick it up, apparently they do collection on sundays.
Hi, please do you mean 1st of Feb 2022? was it 32 pages booklet? Was it DIY? Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
biggboy:
Good day guys. Please i have the following enquiries.

I want to get my passport using DIY but words on the street is that 32 pages is scarce and may not be ready anytime soon. Anyone did 32 pages 5 years and collected within 6 weeks?

I got this from an agent who says he can deliver 64 pages within 2 weeks
Please can anyone verify this info? Either for Alausa or Ikoyi office. I would prefer information about Ikoyi office due to proximity but i dont mind coming down to Alausa. Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Largehrt(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
biggboy:
Hi, please do you mean 1st of Feb 2022? was it 32 pages booklet? Was it DIY? Thank you
Yes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luisema4luv(m): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Largehrt:

Nice..... Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luisema4luv(m): 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
biggboy:
Please can anyone verify this info? Either for Alausa or Ikoyi office. I would prefer information about Ikoyi office due to proximity but i dont mind coming down to Alausa. Thank you.

32/5 years captured on the 1st and somebody just informed me that it is out.... Alausa
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by LagosismyHome(f): 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
Largehrt:

Wow that fast....I wonder why the whole country can't be on this good turnaround
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lontrra: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
I was at the passport office (Alausa) today for capturing, but I couldn't do anything tangible because my application does not contain my middle name which is on my NIN slip.
I was told to write a letter to correct the data. After writing and all, the guy at the servicom desk said I should check back on Friday, next week.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hardiodun(f): 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
I was there today too. Are you a lady, putting on pink, if yes, guess we sat side by side today while waiting for capturing
Lontrra:
I was at the passport office (Alausa) today for capturing, but I couldn't do anything tangible because my application does not contain my middle name which is on my NIN slip.
I was told to write a letter to correct the data. After writing and all, the guy at the servicom desk said I should check back on Friday, next week.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 1stNumeroUno: 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hello House,

My spouse did her capturing at NIS Ibadan office mid-October 2021; the officer we engaged has just been full of stories - initially there is no passport, later the Passport has arrived but there's a huge backlog. This week now he said passport is exhausted again and they're expecting supply from Abuja...and he doesn't know how soon. 4 months counting, it's all cock-and-bull story.
Is there any way around this...it's so tiring
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quadraheem(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
How can one track a passport under processing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quadraheem(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Is Re issue the same as renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
quadraheem:
Is Re issue the same as renewal?

YES

quadraheem:
How can one track a passport under processing?

Not Possible. Only you go to their office or have someone check for you.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
1stNumeroUno:
Hello House,

My spouse did her capturing at NIS Ibadan office mid-October 2021; the officer we engaged has just been full of stories - initially there is no passport, later the Passport has arrived but there's a huge backlog. This week now he said passport is exhausted again and they're expecting supply from Abuja...and he doesn't know how soon. 4 months counting, it's all cock-and-bull story.
Is there any way around this...it's so tiring

Suggested Solution: Go to Twitter, write to the official Nigeria immigration service with your enrollment number and explain your ordeal. They may not reply easily hence you need to SPAM them with a tweet every hour so they'll reply to you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hardiodun(f): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hi guys!! So I was at Alausa today for capturing, team DIY!! (I'm super grateful for this thread. Helped me a lot!) I'd try as much as possible to give details of steps I took before today, the events that transpired today so you don't make minor mistakes like I did today.

See ehn, if you know you are DIY, just make sure all your documents are intact (id give a list of required documents), duly stamped, no NIN or name issue whatsoever and I can assure you, it will be hassle free.

I had made payment since November last year, got an appointment date last December (find below all you need on the homepage to DIY https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/) but missed the day, so this February, I went back to reschedule.

I made a reschedule two weeks ago around 10th February and was given a date, 10th March, but that was too far for me, so I went back to the dates and saw today, 25th February was free (I didn't know how I missed out on the date initially) so I rescheduled again for today, meanwhile you have only 3 appointment scheduling attempts. I had used 2 and the third reschedule date, which was today, was my last attempt. I sha used one mind (the if I perish, I perish mind) and picked today's date.

Immediately I got a date, I downloaded the appointment slip and saved on my phone. I used my phone for the entire application process until the printing stage. (I'd advise you download each document and save on the go).

Mine was a fresh passport application so the following are the documents I took along:
*Application page (shows you have made payment, contains the information you filled online etc)
*Payment receipt (download this and print this too after making payment successfully)
*Guarantor form (available online. Download, print, fill and sign accordingly. Attach your guarantor's passport photograph, then get court stamp. I'd advise you go to a court near you to stamp, I did mine at Alausa today and I paid 2k for it. *Sobs*) Attach your guarantor's intl passport biodata page to the stamped form. My guarantor's intl passport would be expiring April this year and it was a source of worry to me that I was even looking for another guarantor, but I took the risk and apparently, it could be used since it's still valid. I took my guarantor's NIN too but it wasn't requested for, but still take yours along o, the anointing I carry might be different from yours, lol cheesy
*2 passport photograph of yours (I ended up using 1 though. Also, avoid getting to alausa before doing passport. 8 copies there is 1k as opposed to where I did mine at 8 copies for 500 naira, well except if money no be problem for you sha grin)
*Birth certificate ( photocopy and original. Please, I beg you, carry the original along o, carry the original of all your supporting documents along with you to avoid stories that touch the oesophagus)
*State of origin certificate (photocopy and original)
*NIN (photocopy and original)
*Appointment slip
*On getting to Alausa, before you even enter at all (I didn't know this, the guy that did my court stamp was the one who hinted me) ask the woman making photocopy outside that you want to buy passport application form. It's a 3 page form sold for 300 naira. Fill accordingly and attach your passport photograph. This is also one of the documents you'd be submitting, so after filling, add it to the other documents listed above.
*Letter to the PCO (Passport Control Officer) this is a handwritten letter on an A4 paper. There's no particular format for it (I know cos I asked some officers). Just harness your secondary school formal letter writing skills and address it to the Passport control officer stating that you are applying for an intl passport. Finish.

Next thing, in the immigration compound enter inside the building right in front of you (me I saw plenty people outside the building, under the canopy and panicked cos I didn't even know what to do or where to go. I went to sit down with those outside first before I was able to ask few people questions and they directed me, so don't be like me). When you enter the building, there is an officer or officers to your right on a reception like table. They are servicom. Move to them and tell them what you came for. They would ask for the application form ( I was lost for some minutes cos apparently, I had two application forms. The one downloaded online and the 3 page one I bought. What they need is the one you downloaded online. Give it to the officer and sit right in front of them till they call your name. Me I didn't know I was supposed to wait in front of them, I still carried myself back outside under canopy to sit grin grin. It wasn't until I asked another person again and they said I should go back to meet the officer that I was in the wrong place. As soon as I got there, she called my name and gave me back the form. That's how God saved me o. Could have been a different story if I was a minute late)

After returning the form to you, they then ask for your documents both photocopy and original. Your fate is determined starting from here. Make sure you go on your date of appointment gangan, if not, you'd be dismissed and told to go reschedule. Also, your documents, photocopy and original will be vetted here. Know your guarantor's full names and relationship to you o. They'd ask you at this point.

If you scale through, your original documents will be returned to you and you'd be given a file containing the photocopy after which you fill a book with some of your information. You'd then go to room where your documents will be vetted yet again and the file collected. You'll fill another book after which you'll be told to go wait under the canopy (the canopy that me I went to sit upon my arrival grin) your names will be called via a public address system afterwards and your file given to you which shows you are ready for capturing. You wait your turn and you'd be later ushered into the capturing rooms. Your file will be collected again here for another vetting and if you have no issues, they'll give you your file and you capture, the capturing officer will then finally collect the file after everything and a print out containing your information and collection date given to you. If you have issues eg NIN, name arrangement etc, your file won't be given to you for capturing (they'd tell you the issue though and advise you)

I entered the immigration building today 25th February around 12:30pm, captured and left around past 4pm. My collection date is 8th March 2022 (I'm like shey na eye dey pain me abi na wetin I dey see cos it seems pretty early, lol). I'll keep you guys posted sha. Good luck to everyone awaiting this process. I hope this helps!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Maxchu: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hello Everyone ,I lost my E-Passport which expires in 2019 ,I saw a Photocopy of it with the Passport number ,Issue and Expiry date .

My question now is this : I need a Passport now ,What do I know ,Will I start Afresh to Apply for a New One or with the above information I can apply for a Renewal since my biometric and Finger print and Face have been Captured before and it's in their System ?

How long does Renewal takes

Please Advise me..Waiting
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hardiodun(f): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
From what I saw today, for renewal, you must bring the previous passport, not just photocopy and you can't do a fresh one cos it's already captured in their database that you've been issued a passport before. What id advise is sort out the missing passport ish, police report etc before applying for a new one. Someone on here who's been in your shoes might give you further clarifications
Maxchu:
Hello Everyone ,I lost my E-Passport which expires in 2019 ,I saw a Photocopy of it with the Passport number ,Issue and Expiry date .

My question now is this : I need a Passport now ,What do I know ,Will I start Afresh to Apply for a New One or with the above information I can apply for a Renewal since my biometric and Finger print and Face have been Captured before and it's in their System ?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drpat1: 2:12am On Feb 26, 2022
lifenajeje:
Good day pls anyone with an idea on what it cost to renew Nigerian passport for adult and child in United States

Would also love to know how long one wouid have to wait for the process.

You are asking this question not for yourself. Tell the person to call the one closer to him/her in the states to find out if they have booklets available.

I prefer to fly home with an expired passport and arrange a new one. At the point of entry in 9ja, expired passport is no kwams..but verify with the airline if they will issue you a boardingpas if your passport has expired.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drpat1: 2:14am On Feb 26, 2022
Maxchu:

Not fresh but lost.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drpat1: 2:29am On Feb 26, 2022
If you are sure that you are leaving the country soonest( mostly students ) go for 10 years not five years.

Embassbies will stress you if you wan renew.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (830) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.