Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443804 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 10:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Somebody please assist with a response here pls...

@introvertguy and others well informed in the process, kindly assist with ur response.

Thank you.

Themmiee21:
Good morning house,

Please i intend applying for a fresh international passport alongside my kids of 6 and 2.8yrs. I am separated from their father and i will appreciate response to the below pls:

Should i indicate that we are separated in my application or leave it as married since we are not officially divorced?
Can someone who have or recently applied for minor international passport assist with a sample consent letter?

Please assist with your responses as urgent and i will be grateful.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
Good morning house,

Please I intend to apply for a fresh international passport alongside my kids of 6 and 2.8yrs. I am separated from their father and I will appreciate your response to the below pls:

Should I indicate that we are separated in my application or leave it as married since we are not officially divorced?
Can someone who has or recently applied for a minor international passport assist with a sample consent letter?

Please assist with your responses as urgent and I will be grateful.

I have no idea.

But firstly, do you want to retain his surname or not?
Is your NIN details in his surname?

If not, it's going to be a very long process for you as you'll have to change your name first (costing you money).

But if you don't mind using his surname, just state that you are married then all process remains the same.

But then, once you get married later, you may want to change your name again. Hence, if you avoid it now, you may need to do it later in the future.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
I really appreciate your prompt response @ IntrovertGuy. I am sorry i forgot to add that we bear the same surname so my name remain the same from birth only for my NYSC cert that has his other name included when the officials during my NYSC then insist i add one of his name if we are married in order for me to get relocation then.

Will my application as single with kids not give any issues pls?

I appreciate your response once again.

IntrovertGuy:

I have no idea.

But firstly, do you want to retain his surname or not?
Is your NIN details in his surname?

If not, it's going to be a very long process for you as you'll have to change your name first (costing you money).

But if you don't mind using his surname, just state that you are married then all process remains the same.

But then, once you get married later, you may want to change your name again. Hence, if you avoid it now, you may need to do it later in the future.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2022
Thank you sis @ Toplap,

We bear the same surname, I want to know if my application as single since my surname didnt change from birth alongside with my kids will not give any although the kids use his first name as their surname.

I appreciate ma'am

Toplap:

Lol, okay this is well noted thank you.

@ Themmiee21, I can't help but I think you should leave your marital status as married since you are not officially divorced, technically it means you are still married.

Indicating you are separated in the application may mean a lot of hoops to jump through and documentation to provide. That's an additional layer of wahala on top of a process that is not so easy or user friendly to begin with and your own is even fresh passport again, not renewal.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
I really appreciate your prompt response @ IntrovertGuy. I am sorry i forgot to add that we bear the same surname so my name remain the same from birth only for my NYSC cert that has his other name included when the officials during my NYSC then insist i add one of his name if we are married in order for me to get relocation then.

Will my application as single with kids not give any issues pls?

I appreciate your response once again.

Lol. NYSC is not needed here.

NIN is the very important document. Which name do you have on your NIN?

I think you should declare as married. If you choose divorce, you need to back it up.
If you choose single, the "moral" officers may be asking how you got 2 children, for the fact that you may be needing a consent letter too.

Choose Married and you can tender the marriage certificate if proof is needed.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 11:33am On Mar 03, 2022
Thank you Boss, na man u be, ur responses are quite helful.

I had forgotten this is not the Visa application thread the NYSC part was for Visa application.

Appreciate you sir, meanwhile can i get a consent letter sample, no vex say my wahala much oo loll.

IntrovertGuy:

Lol. NYSC is not needed here.

NIN is the very important document. Which name do you have on your NIN?

I think you should declare as married. If you choose divorce, you need to back it up.
If you choose single, the "moral" officers may be asking how you got 2 children, for the fact that you may be needing a consent letter too.

Choose Married and you can tender the marriage certificate if proof is needed.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
Thank you Boss, na man u be, ur responses are quite helful.

I had forgotten this is not the Visa application thread the NYSC part was for Visa application.

Appreciate you sir, meanwhile can i get a consent letter sample, no vex say my wahala much oo loll.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
wowdiva:

I was at Ikoyi last week for renewal. You will need your NIN slip, make copies of it. 3 passport photographs and your old passport, the biodata page of your old passport. I will advise you make copies from home. You will also need to write a letter to the PCO on an A4 paper, request for a renewal of your passport.

How many photocopies of the following are needed to make renewal.
1..NIN SLIP.
2... PASSPORT DATA PAGE.
3....RENEWAL DOCUMENTS i e PAYMENT RECEIPT, APPLICATION PRINTOUT & APPOINTMENT SLIP.
and lastly do they require any photocopy of any expired Visa on that passport.
thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
@IntrovertGuy,

I doff my hat sir

IntrovertGuy:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
Good morning house,

Please i intend applying for a fresh international passport alongside my kids of 6 and 2.8yrs. I am separated from their father and i will appreciate response to the below pls:

Should i indicate that we are separated in my application or leave it as married since we are not officially divorced?
Can someone who have or recently applied for minor international passport assist with a sample consent letter?

Please assist with your responses as urgent and i will be grateful.

You will need a consent letter from their father either as a married couple or as a divorcee or a court judgement granting you the full custody of the children,his passport Data page copy will also be requested..even if you run things pass the immigration to get the passport you will need the same document for Visa application whatever you do try and involve their father

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
@IntrovertGuy,

I doff my hat sir

Wear am back grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lolllllssss

I guess the addressee's address will carry the state one is submitting the application from or is it constant? i.e Ikoyi for whichever state one is applying from.

IntrovertGuy:

Wear am back grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IntrovertGuy: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Themmiee21:
Lolllllssss

I guess the addressee's address will carry the state one is submitting the application from or is it constant? i.e Ikoyi for whichever state one is applying from.

Your Address and the State's (Submitting to) Immigration Office Address

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DPapilo: 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Gwagwalada seems to be fast. Book now and get 15th for capturing. Before now, it used to be less than a week...

Production date is very fast and DIY friendly.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DPapilo: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Applied on 21st of February @11:05, got an appointment for 24th.

Produced on 1st of March.
Renewal

Note:
This is no assurance that you get the same result. It's only a friendly update aimed at helping those who are in such tight situation, make decision.

Surely, this centre is relatively faster than most centres, but may not be for too long, as information is spreading so fast.

Let's keep encouraging DIY

DPapilo:
Gwagwalada seems to be fast. Book now and get 15th for capturing. Before now, it used to be less than a week...

Production date is very fast and DIY friendly.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wowdiva: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Toplap:

From your post in reply to me, I thought you had done your renewal at Ikoyi already. If you choose Alausa now, won't you have to pay another renewal fee? Someone suggested I go to Abeokuta I can do everything in one day and get my passport asap.

Unfortunately I had already paid and chose Ikoyi as processing center being the one closest to me, before I got that information. I was given 12th April for capturing but after reading comments and seeing that a reschedule is possible I went back to the portal and was able to reschedule to 31st March. It is still far but better than my first date.

Another concern I have is that, once you are captured in their system via online application and you have paid, it may be hard to apply and pay again for a different state/center. I don't know but this has been on my mind. With the fuel scarcity and traffic gridlock all over Lagos I don't even want to start stressing about changing processing center now to another center or state
I am on the process of renewal at Ikoyi, capture date is still April 11th. I just wanted to confirm if Ikeja is faster, so I can do my son's passport there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wowdiva: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Solatium:

How many photocopies of the following are needed to make renewal.
1..NIN SLIP.
2... PASSPORT DATA PAGE.
3....RENEWAL DOCUMENTS i e PAYMENT RECEIPT, APPLICATION PRINTOUT & APPOINTMENT SLIP.
and lastly do they require any photocopy of any expired Visa on that passport.
thank you
To be on the safe side, make 2 copies each of 1, and 2. I brought 2 from home but my agent did the photocopies himself. I am sure others will chip in.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favch(f): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Pls how much does it cost to process a passport currently and how long wil it take to finish processing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adedoyin98: 7:50am On Mar 04, 2022
Parko:
Please for those that did theirs at Festac Passport office is there a mobile stamp station there?
cc: NYCnextStop manlawal
Yes there is a mobile court in Festac immigration office. I did mine there for 500 naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luisema4luv(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2022
If u did your capture on 1st of feb 2022 at alausa center, i am happy to tell u ur passport is out..... I am currently there nw awaiting to pick up mine (confirmed it is ready)

DIY is bae

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luisema4luv(m): 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Luisema4luv:
If u did your capture on 1st of feb 2022 at alausa center, i am happy to tell u ur passport is out..... I am currently there nw awaiting to pick up mine (confirmed it is ready)

DIY is bae

Captured 1st of feb 2022
Printed on 16th of feb 2022
Collected on 4th of march 2022

Alausa ikeja
strictly DIY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iamL(f): 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
Luisema4luv:

Captured 1st of feb 2022
Printed on 16th of feb 2022
Collected on 4th of march 2022

Alausa ikeja
strictly DIY

Delta state is the worst state I guess.

No DIY, even when you pay you will wait for 3 months plus before collection.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Akwukalia: 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
iamL:

Delta state is the worst state I guess.

No DIY, even when you pay you will wait for 3 months plus before collection.
That place na no go area o. Them be thief, I know someone who traveled from Uromi to do it there, paid for express, since January they keep telling her no booklet
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Edithspecials: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2022
Akwukalia:

That place na no go area o. Them be thief, I know someone who traveled from Uromi to do it there, paid for express, since January they keep telling her no booklet

Edo State is on same table
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SIRTAYLOR(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2022
Please what's the difference between enrollment number and application ID?
I messaged immigration office on twitter and they said I should provide my enrollment number. Is it same with the application ID sent to my mail or the number that was given to me after capturing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luisema4luv(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTAYLOR:
Please what's the difference between enrollment number and application ID?
I messaged immigration office on twitter and they said I should provide my enrollment number. Is it same with the application ID sent to my mail or the number that was given to me after capturing?

Thew 1 given to u after capturing..... Check the slip u wer given after capturing, u will see it boldly written
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SIRTAYLOR(m): 10:39am On Mar 05, 2022
Thanks I appreciate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lollypopson(f): 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
Experts in the house should please answer this, my passport will expire next year June but it is with my maiden name, I want to change my surname to my husband's name, will I do a fresh passport or a re-issue, also does my old passport needs to expire before I can do another one, also I want to do for my 2 kids as well is the price same with adults and what are the requirements needed for kids
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iamL(f): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
Akwukalia:

Mine is since December, I paid extra just for my file to be submitted because is DIY still nothing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennylee: 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
Can someone help with the guarantor's form PDF

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: rocoh(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.