Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1451967 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by krcboy(m): 1:17am On Mar 06, 2022
Hello NLS, I was captured on the 1st of March 2022 at Alausa Passport Office, and on a print out I was given, It said Collection date will be on the 10 of March 2022. Is there a guarantee that I will get it exactly on the said date or what do I do? do I wait till im contacted? or do I go on the said date and see if its ready? Note : Its not DIY. Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wowdiva: 7:00am On Mar 06, 2022
krcboy:
Hello NLS, I was captured on the 1st of March 2022 at Alausa Passport Office, and on a print out I was given, It said Collection date will be on the 10 of March 2022. Is there a guarantee that I will get it exactly on the said date or what do I do? do I wait till im contacted? or do I go on the said date and see if its ready? Note : Its not DIY. Thank you .
You should go on the collection day, was it through an agent? How much did you pay please?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by krcboy(m): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2022
wowdiva:

You should go on the collection day, was it through an agent? How much did you pay please?
i did it via the immigration officers and paid 45k
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wowdiva: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2022
krcboy:
i did it via the immigration officers and paid 45k
Woah! When did you first make your application before you were given a capture date?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by krcboy(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2022
wowdiva:

Woah! When did you first make your application before you were given a capture date?
Applied and filled the form : Feb 7th 2022
on the 3rd of march went for capturing
I dunno if that pretty fast or slow but due to collect on 10th of march, hopefully. find below the attached pic of the slip

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wowdiva: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2022
krcboy:

Applied and filled the form : Feb 7th 2022
on the 3rd of march went for capturing
I dunno if that pretty fast or slow but due to collect on 10th of march, hopefully. find below the attached pic of the slip
Okay, thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Bundestag(m): 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2022
Got my passport in exactly six weeks as they said! (DIY 32/5 ALAUSA).

Applied sometime in December.
Booked an appointment for Jan 17th, went for capturing that day.
issued Jan 28
Got an SMS on Feb 28.

I had my guarantor's form signed by a public notary (there's one in Unilag). Proceeded to the passport office with all the required documents ( as has been repeated many times here). The capturing did take a while and I almost didn't do it that day, eventually, I got captured ( got there some minutes past 8 or 9) and left around past 4!

I got a text twice that my passport was ready and that concluded my application. If you need your passport and it's not too urgent, then I'll advise you to DIY. Whatever your situation, I can assure you it has been addressed here abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 11:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
Bundestag:
Got my passport in exactly six weeks as they said! (DIY 32/5 ALAUSA).

Applied sometime in December.
Booked an appointment for Jan 17th, went for capturing that day.
issued Jan 28
Got an SMS on Feb 28.

I had my guarantor's form signed by a public notary (there's one in Unilag). Proceeded to the passport office with all the required documents ( as has been repeated many times here). The capturing did take a while and I almost didn't do it that day, eventually, I got captured ( got there some minutes past 8 or 9) and left around past 4!

I got a text twice that my passport was ready and that concluded my application. If you need your passport and it's not too urgent, then I'll advise you to DIY. Whatever your situation, I can assure you it has been addressed here abundantly.
Please what's the total cost you used for this DIY? I hope this timeline applies to Ikoyi too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 2:25am On Mar 07, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please is it acceptable for one to use his brother or any other sibling as a guarantor during passport application
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rosyfina(f): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2022
Good morning, do I need to go with my guarantor’s passport or I can just go with a photocopy of the biodata page.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lollypopson(f): 10:44am On Mar 07, 2022
lollypopson:
Experts in the house should please answer this, my passport will expire next year June but it is with my maiden name, I want to change my surname to my husband's name, will I do a fresh passport or a re-issue, also does my old passport needs to expire before I can do another one, also I want to do for my 2 kids as well is the price same with adults and what are the requirements needed for kids
someone shud pls answer this, will I also need to get NIN for my kids for their application they are below 4years of age, and is the price for adults same with children, we want to use the DIY process
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CuddleJoy(f): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2022
lollypopson:
someone shud pls answer this, will I also need to get NIN for my kids for their application they are below 4years of age, and is the price for adults same with children, we want to use the DIY process

Yes , even a newborn requires NIN. Price is the same 25k. If you are in lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favch(f): 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
CuddleJoy:

Yes , even a newborn requires NIN. Price is the same 25k. If you are in lagos

From the DIY link I have, I was given the cost which is 19k, is there any other charges that'll make it up to 25??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CuddleJoy(f): 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
favch:

From the DIY link I have, I was given the cost which is 19k, is there any other charges that'll make it up to 25??

My children are 8 and 10 . Lagos , 32 pages. I paid 25k.

Where did you see 17k

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jobgetter(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hello,
Please can anyone help with the sample of the application letter for a fresh passport? Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by toask111: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Good evening everyone, I don't know what else to do concerning my passport. I did capturing since November, 2021 but I am yet to get my passport since. I don't know what else to do.

I did the capturing in Ado Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JPstones(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Good evening,
The name on my NIN is "Ajayi Daniel Yinka" but I'd like the name on my international passport to be "Ajayi Olayinka Daniel" so it can be consistent with my other documents (especially my academic docs).

Though I was at the NIMC office today at Alausa and I was told that it'd take about 3-4 weeks to effect the correction.

Is it important that i rearrange my name on the NIN slip before going to apply for my int'l passport? Or can i just go on to apply for my int'l passport and later rearrange my name on the NIN slip?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favch(f): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
CuddleJoy:

Where did you see 17k

Wrll, this is mine.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zankut: 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
JPstones:
Good evening,
The name on my NIN is "Ajayi Daniel Yinka" but I'd like the name on my international passport to be "Ajayi Olayinka Daniel" so it can be consistent with my other documents (especially my academic docs).

Though I was at the NIMC office today at Alausa and I was told that it'd take about 3-4 weeks to effect the correction.

Is it important that i rearrange my name on the NIN slip before going to apply for my int'l passport? Or can i just go on to apply for my int'l passport and later rearrange my name on the NIN slip?

What you have on your NIN is what you get. if you want something different, you'll need to do a name modification on your NIN profile before applying for your passport. If the names on your NIN don't match that on your passport application, there's a 99.99% chance your application will be rejected.
You'll need an affidavit and your remitta receipt
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by october5(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2022
krcboy:
krcboy:
[quote author=Zankut post=110839863]
Good morning house,Please is there anyone who captured on feb 28 in Alausa and has collected his/her passport.My print out states March 3 for collection date.Just want to confirm because my place is far.Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by october5(m): 8:46am On Mar 08, 2022
Zankut:

What you have on your NIN is what you get. if you want something different, you'll need to do a name modification on your NIN profile before applying for your passport. If the names on your NIN don't match that on your passport application, there's a 99.99% chance your application will be rejected.
You'll need an affidavit and your remitta receipt
I have someone who had this same issue.He was advised to go ahead with the passport that all what he needs to do is just an affidavit Incase he wants to travel out as student but if na normal travel no problem
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tifeworld: 9:11am On Mar 08, 2022
CuddleJoy:

Where did you see 17k

Do I need to apply online first before proceeding to the immigration office for the passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zankut: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2022
october5:
I have someone who had this same issue.He was advised to go ahead with the passport that all what he needs to do is just an affidavit Incase he wants to travel out as student but if na normal travel no problem

Well yes if he wants to avoid the stress of the NIN thing, and it's very stressful, but like he stated, he wants a name different from what's on the NIN on the passport. There's no two ways about it, he needs to do a modification.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sharonpeters407: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2022
Good morning house
Please I am confused and would love if I could get answers to my questions on the platform.. I want to renew my passport cos it going to expire in June 2022 ,on my national ID I have my maiden name on it and I was told if I wanna Renew my passport I have to do a chnage of name on my National ID .. Buh what I am confused about here is , on my credentials I have my DOB to be 1993 Buh on my passport I have my DOB to be 1994… is it possible I do a change of my of DOB on my passport to 1993 in Lagos during the process of my renewal ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zainharb: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please house, I have been trying to check the status of my passport on their website but I keep getting the error message '[/i] [i]application not found!! Pease try again'. Is this normal? Is it the network?
I did my capturing 4th of Feb in Ibadan
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bolateeto25(f): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
I did my capturing @ Alausa office on the 4th Of Feb and I received my passport today @ their office 8th of March
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ohizzy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
Sharonpeters407:
Good morning house
Please I am confused and would love if I could get answers to my questions on the platform.. I want to renew my passport cos it going to expire in June 2022 ,on my national ID I have my maiden name on it and I was told if I wanna Renew my passport I have to do a chnage of name on my National ID .. Buh what I am confused about here is , on my credentials I have my DOB to be 1993 Buh on my passport I have my DOB to be 1994… is it possible I do a change of my of DOB on my passport to 1993 in Lagos during the process of my renewal ?

From experience anything that has to do with Identity modification you'll need an affidavit and maybe Age Declaration in your case.

Other inputs are welcome.

Gracias....
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
bolateeto25:
I did my capturing @ Alausa office on the 4th Of Feb and I received my passport today @ their office 8th of March
Congratulations! Was it DIY or Agent? Its seems Alausa is the place to do DIY now. Whats the total cost expended for this?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by favch(f): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
I'm yet to complete my passport application because I don't have a guarantor, how do I go about this pls?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bukhety(f): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please people, how can I confirm if my NIN is validated
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bolateeto25(f): 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
biggboy:
Congratulations! Was it DIY or Agent? Its seems Alausa is the place to do DIY now. Whats the total cost expended for this?

I paid 45k to an officer but I followed the normal procedures he only helped me with in filling the guarantor form before capturing aside that no special treatment on my form collection date was on the 7th of March and I went there today to collect it
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biggboy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
bolateeto25:

I paid 45k to an officer but I followed the normal procedures he only helped me with in filling the guarantor form before capturing aside that no special treatment on my form collection date was on the 7th of March and I went there today to collect it
Thank you for this information. Was it 32 pages or 64 pages?

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (831) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: TadeDetule and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.