Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443197 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 7:38am On Apr 05, 2022
kenneth6901:
Please I need some guidance, my passport expired 5yrs but I lost it almost 3yrs ago,I would want to know my fate because I learnt from a Immigration officer that a "lost case" would be applied.

I also learnt from a friend on here that I should go for a "renewal", now if I go for that won't I be asked of the original passport? Though I have the photocopy.
I don't think you can go for renewal, because on renewal form,you should include your old passport number which is a must,if not u can't register,so go for lost passport,it is assumed that it must have expired.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2022
Toplap:

I appreciate your feedback Aieromon, but that paper was white and the number handwritten in pen, with no mention of a collection date.

It doesn't sound like the enrolment slip others have talked about. One guy said his enrolment slip had a date of collection on it, mine didn't, which bothers me.

I repeat, the paper is your enrollment slip. The slip is just a small sheet of white paper that has ENROLLMENT SLIP letterhead and dotted lines for Enrollment Number and Collection Date. This information is handwritten by the data capture officer. My guess is that they are tired of printing/run out of printing ink and decided to use plain paper.

As long as the centre has booklets, renewals should take a maximum of 4 weeks while new applications can take as much as 6 weeks for production.

Whenever you visit the centre to track progress, the officer in charge will request for the enrollment number and give you any of these updates:

Record not found
Vetted/Coded
AA - Approved for production
E - Booklet produced, awaiting lamination
Ready for collection

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 9:56am On Apr 05, 2022
Hello dranessa,

I am sorry I have not been on the thread for days now.
I had to do a reappointment ooo. Very sadly I kissed over 2wks of appointment as the only closest day was 10th of May.

Pls somebody mentioned something about taking children for capturing by a single parent.

Please does it mean one will not be attended to even with the father's consent letter and NIN? Someone who did for a child recently should please help out here.

We are to capture at Alausa.

Thank you.

dranessa:

Good evening. What did you later do? I have the same exact issue. My capturing date is on the 18th of April being Good Friday.
What do I do?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 10:01am On Apr 05, 2022
suzzyrims:
Please am I supposed to choose standard or official passport when filling the form
standard
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2022
Aieromon is right.

The number on that piece of paper given to you is your enrolment number.

To state the date for collection is usually at the discretion of the capturing officer.

Just give them as much as a month or 2 and go back there to enquire if your passport is printed or not. I hope you don't need it urgently though.
Toplap:
I appreciate your feedback Aieromon, but that paper was white and the number handwritten in pen, with no mention of a collection date.
It doesn't sound like the enrolment slip others have talked about. One guy said his enrolment slip had a date of collection on it, mine didn't, which bothers me.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 10:03am On Apr 05, 2022
Nashela:
Hi guys,
How do I apply for a renewal of my passport because mine is expired.
And from the info I got it takes up to 3months for it to be ready.
Don't know if anyone has experienced that recently.

Thanks
go to there website and start the process,is 25k,but if you are in a haste,go to the office,hold 40-60k, it will still not come out immediately https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 10:24am On Apr 05, 2022
xtopmanutd:
So I finally made payment today which was easy and quick. My appointment has also been booked for Tuesday next week, I even had the option of choosing from this week Friday but I opted for Tuesday to give me more time to prepare the documents required.

I guess the appointment date wasn't far because of the centre I chose which is Abakaliki.

I have also started disturbing NIMC to enable validation of my NIN as I discovered that of recent banks are finding it difficult validating it.

Before I forget, try going to bank to ascertain that your NIN is verifiable so that you don't run into hitches when you go for capturing. The last system incident messed up NIMC database.

any particular bank? Also, I don't know about this nin validation oo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ayoola003: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2022
Hi Guyz.

Please, how do I go about a name change on NIN account??

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ayoola003:
Hi Guyz.
Please, how do I go about a name change on NIN account??
Thanks
go to remita. Pay bills. Pay to National identity MC. amount is 500 plus bank charges of about 150 naira. Subject is data modification. Put the names u want on the new nin and pay. Print out invoice and take ur court affidavit, marriage certificate and newspaper change of name to NIN, fill the data modification form and proceed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
tunddy:
pls what's the cost of renewing an international passport in ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:

Sigh ok. Are they deliberately not giving people this slip? Cos nobody at ikoyi office that day was given this slip, just a paper with numbers on it

Were those numbers handwritten or Printed from the system? if handwritten then they deliberately held those printout back.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
bfn1:
Aieromon is right.

The number on that piece of paper given to you is your enrolment number.

To state the date for collection is usually at the discretion of the capturing officer.

Just give them as much as a month or 2 and go back there to enquire if your passport is printed or not. I hope you don't need it urgently though.

That information is wrong, everything is automated, Ikoyi and Festac passport office is highly corrupt.
You are to pick your enrollment slip on the printer by yourself,no one should have written anything on a piece of paper.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
aieromon:

I repeat, the paper is your enrollment slip. The slip is just a small sheet of white paper that has ENROLLMENT SLIP letterhead and dotted lines for Enrollment Number and Collection Date. This information is handwritten by the data capture officer. My guess is that they are tired of printing/run out of printing ink and decided to use plain paper.

As long as the centre has booklets, renewals should take a maximum of 4 weeks while new applications can take as much as 6 weeks for production.

Whenever you visit the centre to track progress, the officer in charge will request for the enrollment number and give you any of these updates:

Which one is tiring , writing 13 digit enrollment number from the system for each applicant or Send to printer for them to pick?

Those officers want money from you that is why they are not giving out those slip's.
You will be surprised by the numbers of Passports ready for collection that the immigration Officer did not bother to send out messages to the applicants.
Each time you go there they will be telling you it's not ready since you have no idea of pick up date.
Drop them Small change Dem go call you 48hrs after say you Pali don ready

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
how long does DAte of birth modification takes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Marike2: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Pls which office is more efficient and less corrupt; Alausa,Ikoyi or Festac?
The official cost on their website is 25k. Is there any other payment required in their office if I DIY?
Pls help with answers oooh.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azyd(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello guys...plz for the guarantor, were can I get the form and must the guarantor appear before a magistrate judge, just like it stated as a requirement on their website
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dranessa: 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
Themmiee21:
Hello dranessa,

I am sorry I have not been on the thread for days now.
I had to do a reappointment ooo. Very sadly I kissed over 2wks of appointment as the only closest day was 10th of May.

Pls somebody mentioned something about taking children for capturing by a single parent.

Please does it mean one will not be attended to even with the father's consent letter and NIN? Someone who did for a child recently should please help out here.

We are to capture at Alausa.

Thank you.

Thank you for your help, Themmiee. I've been able to reschedule for 10th of May too. Until then, I'm hoping for the best.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
Marike2:
Pls which office is more efficient and less corrupt; Alausa,Ikoyi or Festac?
The official cost on their website is 25k. Is there any other payment required in their office if I DIY?
Pls help with answers oooh.

I think Alausa is.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenneth6901: 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thanks for your response, I have the passport number but am worried they might demand for the hard-cover passport.

Honeysweetest:
I don't think you can go for renewal, because on renewal form,you should include your old passport number which is a must,if not u can't register,so go for lost passport,it is assumed that it must have expired.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joshdman(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hi guys. Pls does anyone have experience with getting passport done at Port Harcourt or Uyo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Marike2: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Toplap:

I think Alausa is.

Thanks for your response. More responses from others to confirm this pls.

In addition, my [/b]old passport (Not E-) expired many years ago.[/b] Should I do a renewal or fresh one?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Marike2: 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Toplap:

I think Alausa is.

Thanks for your response. Pls more responses from experience needed.

Also, my old passport before the E-passport type expired years ago. Should I be applying for a Renewal or Fresh?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
Marike2:

Thanks for your response. Pls more responses from experience needed.

Also, my old passport before the E-passport type expired years ago. Should I be applying for a Renewal or Fresh?

Alausa is much more better, FESTAC and Ikoyi reeks of corruption.
Since you have had a passport issued in the past,go for RENEWAL to make it easy on yourself,you will not provide any documentation apart from the online form and receipt,that is if you still have the old passport which must be sighted at point of RENEWAL
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iguita: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sure I will. I am yet to go there.
Toplap:

I captured on the 31st too at Ikoyi and was given a slip of paper as well, with only a long number written on it.

When I inquired from the capturing officer when to expect my passport he said I should go to servicom, they'll tell me when. However, if I need it urgently it can be fast tracked.

I went to servicom and a lady there said in about 2 months, is when my passport will be out. I went back to collect the other officer's number and told him I will be in touch. But, in all honesty I am not willing or prepared to pay anything extra for that passport.

Why can't they just do what is expected without a bribe? I wasn't given an enrolment number either, just that slip of paper with a number on it. Another servicom officer said to keep that number safe and even take a snap shot of it. Because, without it I will not be attended to.

I am not in Lagos now but please kindly let me know if you returned for an enrolment number and how that went. Abeg answer when you can.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by larrypha(f): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
dranessa:

Mine is on Good Friday. What do we do?

After plenty calls to Abuja, begging at Ikoyi passport, I had to start afresh in Osun state o.

I captured today, hoping to get on friday and return to Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
larrypha:

After plenty calls to Abuja, begging at Ikoyi passport, I had to start afresh in Osun state o.

I captured today, hoping to get on friday and return to Lagos

You mean you abandoned an application in Lagos and went to osun to start another process?
Hope you don't need your passport soon,that osun een, a friend that captured there last year just got his passport after 3 months
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Edithspecials: 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Have you gotten yours

No
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Edithspecials: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
jobgetter:

How's Asaba like

I had go to Benin on recommendation but yet to get it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by LagosismyHome(f): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Edithspecials:

No

Na wa for some states ooo.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by larrypha(f): 12:30am On Apr 06, 2022
Solatium:

You mean you abandoned an application in Lagos and went to osun to start another process?
Hope you don't need your passport soon,that osun een, a friend that captured there last year just got his passport after 3 months

Yeah, I neee the passport this week. The available date for reschedule at Ikoyi was last day of May when I checked last week

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: holushigo(m), mcjendol and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.