Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1453021 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by qtguru(m): 7:49am On Apr 13, 2022
I got an appointment date for capturing, but they said NIMC has to drop my NIN I don't even understand what that means.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Homemade12: 8:00am On Apr 13, 2022
iguita:
No. Obviously the NIN did not need verification. The email i received is a wrong info, matter of fact, they verified the NIN about three times before they accepted the file when we went for capturing.

To answer your question, you need to send an email to Abuja. I got this info at the NIMC office at the immigration office. They have a desk where you can give them the NIN and they will check, then they will direct you on what to do. If you have this issue (or if you suspect you have this issue), it's best to call send the email ahead as it may take some days to do it. .

Please can you kindly drop the email,my wife needs to change her surname since she's married now and her capturing date is 2nd of next month
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suzzyrims: 8:20am On Apr 13, 2022
Please for those of us whose capturing date falls in 2nd and 3rd of May. How do we do it as I heard May 2 and 3 falls on a public holiday
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iguita: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2022
I did not record it.

But you can do this

https://nimc.gov.ng/verifying-your-profile/

Homemade12:

Please can you kindly drop the email,my wife needs to change her surname since she's married now and her capturing date is 2nd of next month

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HelperDeji(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2022
FG to introduce online tracking system for passport application

THE Federal Government will in May introduce a system online for the tracking and monitoring of passport applications. The minister said apart from the National Identity Number verification and linking, there should be no other major reason for the delay in issuing passports.

“Not later than a month from today, applicants will be able to track their application online to know precisely what stage is your application. You will not have the hassle of people coming. Just go online with your reference number to check and it will state whether you are having a NIN problem.

“It will tell you the status of your application. It will tell you whether your passport is ready and you can pick it. This will be a month from now by the Grace of God,” he added.

He said the waiting time for fresh passports should not be more than six weeks while for passport renewal, it should not exceed three weeks. “We will get to a stage where no passport applicant will meet any immigration officer in the process of processing passports and there will be no manual documentation of that process,” the minister added.

https://punchng.com/fg-to-introduce-online-tracking-system-for-passport-application/

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by monakii: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2022
aieromon:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-introduce-online-tracking-system-for-passport-application/

This is indeed a good news. BTW., What is the smartest/fastest way to get NIN verified?

I have the nimc mobile app downloaded on my phone but two of the numbers I linked with my NIN is not showing up on the app. Although, the numbers are still functioning hence I have the inkling that my NIN may not be verified.

I want to prepare myself before paying for the renewal of my passport as I don't want to go through needless stress.

Thanking you in anticipation of a quick feedback.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yemideee: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2022
larrypha:

True, after wasting money in Lagos. I couldn’t risk diy again. Captured Tuesday is Osogbo, got my passport today. 4 days!

If time is no problem, diy is better
pls,how much did it cost you?I need the information urgently!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2022
monakii:
...What is the smartest/fastest way to get NIN verified?
In addition to sending emails, you can send DMs to their Twitter & Facebook channels. They respond promptly.

Twitter: @nimc_ng
Facebook: NIMC Facebook

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yorke1: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2022
jibbyfresh:
My capture date is May 3rd, i think it's a public holiday. what do i do, the next free date is june 7

Same issue i have. I picked May 4th, unknown to me that day falls on holiday. I quickly picked the next available free day which is June 7.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by whales2020(m): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Solatium:

Go to twitter and Harras them,it works like magic

Thank you.. I will do that.. Cox it is getting late
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
monakii:

This is indeed a good news. BTW., What is the smartest/fastest way to get NIN verified?

I have the nimc mobile app downloaded on my phone but two of the numbers I linked with my NIN is not showing up on the app. Although, the numbers are still functioning hence I have the inkling that my NIN may not be verified.

I want to prepare myself before paying for the renewal of my passport as I don't want to go through needless stress.

Thanking you in anticipation of a quick feedback.

pufframmy:
(Answer:
Just Complain To NIMC...)
A lot of Nigerians, and Nairalanders are going through this wahalla at the moment
If you already have your NIN-Number with you,, but whenever you take the NIN-Number to the Bank, they would always tell you to go back to the NIMC and tell them to Validate your NIN-Number and add it to the NIN-Database on the NIMC Computer.
This is what you would do...
Send an email to info@nimc.gov.ng with a copy-to cc.. to customercare@nimc.gov.ng and nimccustomercare@nimc.gov.ng....
Put the subject as “VALIDATE MY NIN-NUMBER”.
Then give them your “full name” and the NIN-Number that is to be validated.
(Try this first, then come back and thank me later)

ALSO ADD THIS EMAIL ithelpdesk@nimc.gov.ng

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by monakii: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
aieromon:

Thanks. Appreciated
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hello Everyone,

A friend applied online and made payment.

She eventually realised that she applied with 1990 as date of birth. Whereas, date of birth on her NIN is 1989.

She is to go for capturing tomorrow.

Can she decide to change the date on the passport to tally with 1989 that she has on her NIN without incuring extra cost?

Thank you.

cc: aieromon pufframmy bfn1
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Everyone,

A friend applied online and made payment.

She eventually realised that she applied with 1990 as date of birth. Whereas, date of birth on her NIN is 1989.

She is to go for capturing tomorrow.

Can she decide to change the date on the passport to tally with 1989 that she has on her NIN without incuring extra cost?

Thank you.

She should inform the vetting officer of the error. She will be properly advised on the next steps to take. The data capture officer can edit the mistake as long as the actual date of birth can be verified with evidence.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
aieromon:

She should inform the vetting officer of the error. She will be properly advised on the next steps to take. The data capture officer can edit the mistake as long as the actual date of birth can be verified with evidence.
Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by verocharles(m): 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
Not as easy as you said. He will pay 15k for change of birth. Another thing is it takes time to drop. Some weeks even months.
No harm in trying, let the person go there first.
quote author=aieromon post=111915507]

She should inform the vetting officer of the error. She will be properly advised on the next steps to take. The data capture officer can edit the mistake as long as the actual date of birth can be verified with evidence.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
...She is to go for capturing tomorrow.
Can she decide to change the date on the passport to tally with 1989 that she has on her NIN without incuring extra cost?...
She may be asked to provide an affidavit to support the error. Prepare her mind for it, amongst other contingencies.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
verocharles:
Not as easy as you said. He will pay 15k for change of birth. Another thing is it takes time to drop. Some weeks even months...
Lols! It would have been hellish if she had made the mistake on her NIN. However, I'm 'glad' that the error only happened on her NIS application form (and not NIMC's).
All things being equal, that should be 'more direct' to resolve.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by verocharles(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
That will be easier if so. NIN is the main headache

quote author=bfn1 post=111917075]
Lols! It would have been hellish if she had made the mistake on her NIN. However, I'm 'glad' that the error only happened on her NIS application form (and not NIMC's).
All things being equal, that should be 'more direct' to resolve.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
bfn1:

She may be asked to provide an affidavit to support the error. Prepare her mind for it, amongst other contingencies.
Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AllKnowing: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
Please advise...

A recently married woman wants to obtain an international passport to pursue studies abroad. Should she apply for one with her maiden name or with her new marital surname?

If new marital surname, kindly list the new documents or changes she’ll need to make to her previous documents (or NIN).
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by monakii: 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
bfn1:

In addition to sending emails, you can send DMs to their Twitter & Facebook channels. They respond promptly.

Twitter: @nimc_ng
Facebook: NIMC Facebook

Thanks. Well appreciated
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Krystalzkris(f): 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
Optimistic3rdd:

Is your passport out yet
Noooooooooo cry
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Krystalzkris(f): 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Yemideee:
pls,how much did it cost you?I need the information urgently!
me too. Also have you already captured in Lagos before going to osogbo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
hardiodun:
Hey guys!
So I picked up my passport, yesterday Sunday 10th April at Alausa office. The issuing date was actually March 22nd as opposed to the March 8th collection date stated on the print out after capturing. I actually told myself I was going to wait a month after the collection date so as to avoid stories that touch and I'm glad I did. It was worth the wait. Good luck to every other DIYer in the house. May the process be seamless for you too. Amen.
good analysis u did up there.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 1:18am On Apr 14, 2022
AllKnowing:
Please advise...
A recently married woman wants to obtain an international passport to pursue studies abroad. Should she apply for one with her maiden name or with her new marital surname?If new marital surname, kindly list the new documents or changes she’ll need to make to her previous documents (or NIN).
for change of name due to marriage, if you check the nigerian passport portal, everything is adequately documented there and then you can check to see the price afterwards. Do a quick google research.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by limsycutey(f): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a question please. My passport is expiring at the end of December but I want to apply for a Schengen visa with it in May. I intend traveling for 4-6 weeks in July - August. I hope they won’t ask for a new passport before issuing the visa considering the fact that I can’t apply for new one till June.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femside: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2022
giselle237:
for change of name due to marriage, if you check the nigerian passport portal, everything is adequately documented there and then you can check to see the price afterwards. Do a quick google research.
hello pls I need information on new applicant for passport pls my sister and her kid of 8 year old pls reply
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by steph6: 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
hello all please i need advise on what to do, my capture slot was for 2nd May (ikoyi) [workers day]
and there is no available date in that May anymore
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 2braithe: 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (832) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: Ghost01(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.