Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1434174 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AllKnowing: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2022
Is there any special thing that needs to be done after a married woman has provided all necessary documentation for a fresh passport? These NIS guys are just charging wild fees

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WilsonBright935: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
I've done my bio-capturing since February and up till now I've not collected my passport. The immigration personnel I do contact there always tell me that it's not yet ready. Does it take so much time to collect passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by GYZSERVICES1: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
WilsonBright935:
I've done my bio-capturing since February and up till now I've not collected my passport. The immigration personnel I do contact there always tell me that it's not yet ready. Does it take so much time to collect passport?

If you did your capturing in Abuja, kindly contact me.

Kind regards
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Solatium(m): 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
WilsonBright935:

Go on Twitter to Harras them, most times these officers deliberately gives misleading information in other to offer them money to fasttrack

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by scicey(f): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
I used Mrs and my maiden name. If someone is filling the form for you, they may want to use Miss, insist that you are Mrs.
If you know you will eventually change to your husbands surname before the passport expires, I suggest you just use his surname from the get-go but this would mean you have to change it in your NIN. If you don't want the stress, just use Mrs and your father's surname like you have been doing.

If one of the reasons you don't want to use your husbands surname is so your name is easily identified on your sons birth certificate, you can get another one issued if he was born in Nigeria or at the consulate of the country he was born in.

Deeedeee:

Pls if I may ask, when applying for your international passport , which did u choose miss or Mrs for your status. As a married woman but still using her maiden name...
Pls kindly response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by scicey(f): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
An affidavit of same name would suffice.

It is basically a legalized document that states that you are the same person bearing those names.

I have multiple surnames on my birth certificate but I only use one of them and I didn't have any issues with this when applying. Their main focus is your NIN actually so use what is on your NIN.

jibbyfresh:
1. The name on my birth certificate is Boluwatife but i now use Bolutife for my documents. should i do birth certificate affidavit for capturing

2. Does guarantor need to fill all part 1-3 or only part 1

Response will be appreciated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by scicey(f): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Not true, a married woman can choose to maintain her father's surname. Nowhere in the constitution is a married woman required to bear her husband's surname.

Being married makes her a Mrs whether she is using her father's surname, her husbands own or an entirely different surname.

giselle237:
if u are using ur father’s name u are Miss… you can’t be Mrs your father’s surname. If you want to use your husband’s surname and the title Mrs then change the name on your nin online, it is 600 naira . Start the process immediately.
https://nimc.gov.ng/modifications-adults/
Only change in dob that’s expensive, rest is 600 including fees

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
AllKnowing:
Is there any special thing that needs to be done after a married woman has provided all necessary documentation for a fresh passport? These NIS guys are just charging wild fees
check official fees on the immigration portal and pay yourself. There is nothing special for a fresh passport for a married woman, as long as it is her first ever passport, it should be a seemless process. There is no 32 pages passport that costs more than 26k in the whole Nigeria
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
scicey:
Not true, a married woman can choose to maintain her father's surname. Nowhere in the constitution is a married woman required to bear her husband's surname.
Being married makes her a Mrs whether she is using her father's surname, her husbands own or an entirely different surname.
pls nobody said anything about her changing her surname to her husband’s name is compulsory. Go back to the original post and re-read rather than jumping into another segment. pls let her go to NIS office and start mentioning that she wants to bear Mrs her maiden name and see what they will put her through. do not jump into conclusions and twist my message

If her father’s name is Azike, she can not be Mrs. Azike. Her mother is Mrs. Azike… There is nothing like bearing maiden name and using married prefix
If you did it, you are wrong.
The poster is Miss Azike or Mrs Obi if that’s husband’s name.
Again, her mother is Mrs. Azike not her. English is veryyyyyy simple. She is Miss Azike.
If married, her status remains as married but to say she be addressed as Mrs her maiden name is grossly incorrect.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Homemade12: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
scicey:

Please i want to change my surname to my husband's name on nin,and i need it urgently cause my appointment is 2 of next month. Please anyone with any information that could help should share.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by shams040(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
Please I just did biometric for my passport renewal and would like to know if my passport would have my old number on it or it will change?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by toolluu: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
the muslim holiday is on the 2nd and 3rd
steph6:

i think so, workers day is 1st so it might encroach into 2nd
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
shams040:
Please I just did biometric for my passport renewal and would like to know if my passport would have my old number on it or it will change?

The number will change to B0xxxxxxx but the old number will appear under the heading of Previous Passport No on the data page.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
Homemade12:

Please i want to change my surname to my husband's name on nin,and i need it urgently cause my appointment is 2 of next month. Please anyone with any information that could help should share.

I doubt if the change can be done so quickly. If your appointmnt is May 2, does it mean you hve already paid for the newpassport and have your husband’s name as nee details? Besides May 2-4 are public holidays
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AgentXxx(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Good day everyone,please I need answers to the question below..
For a woman who got her passport before marriage thereby having her father’s name on it but right now she is married even though she did a court affidavit and news paper publishing bearing her father’s name with her husband name included.. Now the question... is it compulsory for her to renew passport to change to her new name which has additional name of her husband or the affidavit and marriage is enough to cover her for travelling with her husband as a dependent?... Thanks in advance
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
giselle237:

I doubt if the change can be done so quickly. If your appointmnt is May 2, does it mean you hve already paid for the newpassport and have your husband’s name as nee details? Besides May 2-4 are public holidays

I think public holiday is only May 2nd and 3rd. 4th is not inclusive. May 2nd will be public holiday for both workers day and first public holiday for Eid el Fitr. I don't think Federal will declare 3 straight days for public holiday. This is just my thoughts ooo!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
Any applicants that his or her appointment falls on public holidays will have to reschedule by themselves to a free day if you are DIY.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by limsycutey(f): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
pufframmy:
NOPE U STILL HAVE MORE THAN 6 MONTH ON it

Okay. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WilsonBright935: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Solatium:

Go on Twitter to Harras them, most times these officers deliberately gives misleading information in other to offer them money to fasttrack

I've done that, thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WilsonBright935: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
GYZSERVICES1:

If you did your capturing in Abuja, kindly contact me.

Kind regards

Oops, not in Abuja.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ShallyK: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
Please I need help, my passport renewal is hanging because NIM did not drop. What does this means and how can I resolve it.
I reached out to NIMN on twitter and they keep saying they have forwarded to the department in charge.
Any faster way to resolve this?
NB: I already captured.
Alausa Lagos Office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Homemade12: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
giselle237:

Yes have paid and used my husband's surname,just want to change it ahead of time
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Homemade12: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ifeoba:
Any applicants that his or her appointment falls on public holidays will have to reschedule by themselves to a free day if you are DIY.

How can i reschedule?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Krystalzkris(f): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Optimistic3rdd:

Is your passport out yet
nope
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Krystalzkris(f): 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yemideee:
No, I want to start a fresh application in Osogbo.
i wish I could start fresh application and get early. I'm still waiting
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 12:21am On Apr 21, 2022
Homemade12:

How can i reschedule?

Go to:
https://appointments.immigration.gov.ng/

Enter your reference and application number then choose next available free date. It will ask you whether you want to change the existing date. You have 3 slots to change your date of appointment. Search very well before you choose a date and don't forget to save the appointment slip on your phone or PC.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jay113: 12:23am On Apr 21, 2022
https:///+8615626964634 accepts gift cards and cash transactions. His name is Jay. The deal was swift and honest. He has the best exchange rate and the fastest method of payment. He is trustworthy. You can sell gift cards to him, if you are not a gift card provider, please do not contact
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Alexjohn2020(m): 2:22am On Apr 21, 2022
Jay113:
https:///+8615626964634 accepts gift cards and cash transactions. His name is Jay. The deal was swift and honest. He has the best exchange rate and the fastest method of payment. He is trustworthy. You can sell gift cards to him, if you are not a gift card provider, please do not contact
jay kill you there, cheap scammer oshi, what concern passport and gift card

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by davidclaire: 8:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Pls I did my capturing on Thursday before the public holiday by fast track, and till now I haven’t gotten it. How long does it take these days to get your passport after capturing especially when using an agent?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yemideee: 8:10am On Apr 21, 2022
Krystalzkris:
i wish I could start fresh application and get early. I'm still waiting
What are you waiting for?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Spider1(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2022
Good morning everyone, please I just came across this thread. Please I want to do international passport for myself Please What are the requirements.Please what is the current Price?.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by steph6: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2022
toolluu:
the muslim holiday is on the 2nd and 3rd

2nd is for workers and 3rd and 4th is for muslims

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.