Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1440726 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 3:42pm On May 04, 2022
angry cry
giselle237:
so you don gree sad . With the hunger in the land, you gree for extra 20-30k per passport. Osanobua. The worst that will happen is that you will have to make multiple trips but you wont spend that amount. You will meet a different person if you will stand for the right thing. Anyway i can not cry more than the bereaved
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 3:47pm On May 04, 2022
Your location is a great factor to doing the right thing. Imagine you doing the right thing by paying #17,500 and one person just sits in the office to frustrate your effort when you go for capturing and collection. If only the servicom unit was active things wouldn't be this way.

Who loves to spend more in the Bubu regime?
Venekconsultt:
Smiles, warrior 1st son. Anyways the think often is blame on the part of the immigration officers. I take NIN as an example, on a. Normal it should be FREE! like I can remember vividly very well when I did my NIN in 2015 only to be hearing that it now cost #2000 -#4000 and in some instances you are stressed on top of your cash paid (depending on the location(as I've heard). Peeps often use agents for shortcuts and perhaps to serve stress but often times duped. No doubt the DIY is cool but we need to becareful of fraudulent peeps.

I salute you.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DAVE1010(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2022
Can I apply for an International passport as a change on my D.O.B is being processed by NIN?

I am a first time applicant and I have my NIN number.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2022
HelperDeji:
Hi , Good afternoon.
I was called to come and pick up my passport at ikoyi after 5 months of capturing and the person collected 50k from me .

Now,he his referring to an officer in collection office to pay another 3k before I can get my passport.
Can anybody help me without me paying ��

Your case is like someone who bought a car for 5m and is complaining of buying fuel for N165.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HelperDeji(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2022
aieromon:

You were able to pay twice the official cost of the booklet and still wait for 5 months. Why should 3,000NGN be a problem

The guy is really pissing me off ….Depsite the long wait and you still want to collect something again? People are just too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 4:43pm On May 04, 2022
HelperDeji:

The guy is really pissing me off ….Depsite the long wait and you still want to collect something again? People are just too greedy.
why would you pay 50k in lagos to agent. Lagos of all places where you can diy. Better find servicom in that lagos office for your collection. They can see you have money and can do anything

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 4:43pm On May 04, 2022
DAVE1010:
Can I apply for an International passport as a change on my D.O.B is being processed by NIN?I am a first time applicant and I have my NIN number.
you have to wait for the process on NIN to be complete as long as you are applying in abuja, lagos,rivers, enugu or ogun
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DAVE1010(m): 4:48pm On May 04, 2022
giselle237:
you have to wait for the process on NIN to be complete as long as you are applying in abuja, lagos,rivers, enugu or ogun

Okay, thanks.
What about Owerri?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 5:06pm On May 04, 2022
DAVE1010:

Okay, thanks.
What about Owerri?
owerri is not using enhanced e passport, you should not need NIN to apply there however I dnt know if it is DIY friendly.
Official cost for adult passport in Owerri is 17500
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DAVE1010(m): 5:39pm On May 04, 2022
giselle237:
owerri is not using enhanced e passport, you should not need NIN to apply there however I dnt know if it is DIY friendly.
Official cost for adult passport in Owerri is 17500

But I went there today and the official I met requested for it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 5:49pm On May 04, 2022
Dear @ Gisselle237, pufframmy,Adubam, toplap et all.

Please assist with below as I need to wrap up my documentations in prep for capturing.

quote author=Themmiee21 post=112516431]Good afternoon All,

Please I am about notarizing my guarantor form for capturing next Tuesday @ Alausa and I was just told High courts are on strike in Ibadan.

Does anybody know if they aren't on strike in lagos and which high court I can get it notarized seamlessly in lagos?

Also, must all the guarantor form parts be filled or the part 1 only is enough?

Thank you in anticipation of your kind responses.

[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2022
Themmiee21:
Dear @ Gisselle237, pufframmy,Adubam, toplap et all.

Please assist with below as I need to wrap up my documentations in prep for capturing.

quote author=Themmiee21 post=112516431]Good afternoon All,

Please I am about notarizing my guarantor form for capturing next Tuesday @ Alausa and I was just told High courts are on strike in Ibadan.

Does anybody know if they aren't on strike in lagos and which high court I can get it notarized seamlessly in lagos?

Also, must all the guarantor form parts be filled or the part 1 only is enough?

Thank you in anticipation of your kind responses.

Look for a law firm that offers notary service to do that for you.

As for Guarantor form let all the mandatory aspect be filled.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 6:08pm On May 04, 2022
Guarantor form does not need notarization. Go to court and stamp it.
Fill anything you can fill on the form.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ohlordhavemercy: 7:05pm On May 04, 2022
pufframmy:
you will be needing the Guarantor Form your state of origin cert
birthcertficat
guarantors international passport data page

gudevn bro. Pls my passport will be expiring by September.i want to renew it.do I need the guarantor's form too? Or better still,aside from filing the application form online,are there other requirements? Thanks as I wait your response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sammybabelious: 9:10pm On May 04, 2022
Venekconsultt:
I don't know your location but I'll say you should try another NIS location closest to you to hear their view or perhaps get to approach an officer in a calm way and talk to them.
Most times this peeps act harsh or strange on us since we often behave like its by POWER. Try talking to an officer and be smart(you should know what I mean, SHINE YOUR EYES)

Ok thanks.

I am currently in Lagos, I went to Alausa, maybe I will try festac or ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sammybabelious: 9:14pm On May 04, 2022
Thank u .I appreciate
giselle237:
if you need to answer the new name, you have to do correction of data(change of name)
Renewal passports can not just be changed like that
Go online to nigerian immigration portal and start from the correction of data link
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sammybabelious: 9:17pm On May 04, 2022
Thank y very much.i appreciate
adubam:

You either due a renewal with the old name
Or
A fresh process with the new name

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Themmiee21: 10:12pm On May 04, 2022
@gisselle,

High court are on strike here in Ibadan, but Customary courts are opened.

Can I stamp at a customary court or it has be a high court or would you rather suggest I go n stamp it in Lagos?

Thank you

quote author=giselle237 post=112522017]Guarantor form does not need notarization. Go to court and stamp it.
Fill anything you can fill on the form.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by coolangel54(f): 10:56pm On May 04, 2022
Imagine! DIY?

NIS is frustrating Nigerians and no one seems to care
HelperDeji:
Hi , Good afternoon.
I was called to come and pick up my passport at ikoyi after 5 months of capturing and the person collected 50k from me .

Now,he his referring to an officer in collection office to pay another 3k before I can get my passport.
Can anybody help me without me paying ��
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 11:57pm On May 04, 2022
Applicants whose capturing date fell on public holidays (2nd & 3rd) were attended to at Aluasa Lagos today. The crowd was much and today's rain delayed. 2nd and 3rd appointment are giving the privilege to come tomorrow and Friday.

DIY is fine at Aluasa, Lagos if:
1. You will be patient. The process may take the entire day but you will be verified and captured that same day if you don't have issues.

2. NIN is very compulsory. That's the first thing they will verify. The spelling, arrangement of your name and DOB on your NIN must be the same with what you have on your passport if you are renewing. They have sitting room for DIYs as long as it's your appointment date.

3. If you're a fresh applicant, make sure your NIN is verified before coming for your appointment.

4. If you're DIY, don't expect any officer to help you out. They will only direct you but you will get all the info you need from your fellow applicants.

5. Lastly, you will get your collection date on the final slip they will give you after capturing.

This info is for Aluasa center in Lagos. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by donbabchizy(m): 3:03am On May 05, 2022
I heard there's no available booklet in alausa! Please how true is this ? Because I am supposed to have collected my daughter's passport since last week but my uncle who's works there keeps telling me booklet is not available at the moment.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Immality(m): 3:46am On May 05, 2022
giselle237:
nigeria immigration portal on google. It is there on first click

Thanks. I already did but I did not receive any email from them during registration and after capturing.
I don’t know how to go about the ID and reference No.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CSNg: 4:22am On May 05, 2022
coolangel54:
Those officers at NIMC office at Ughelli North LG Council frustrated me today. Imagine telling me they can't capture NIN for my three year old son and two months old baby. That they are too small (just imagine). I told them we needed NIN to process their international passports yet these people didn't bulge. Oya, change my NIN too na, they said their machine is bad

Anyways, I will be travelling to Asaba next week so I do all at their office over there. I pray they won't say the same rubbish.

I just wasted my time and money today

You want to Japa with your kids and leave this country? You are going nowhere o.

We all die here!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 4:53am On May 05, 2022
ohlordhavemercy:
gudevn bro. Pls my passport will be expiring by September.i want to renew it.do I need the guarantor's form too? Or better still,aside from filing the application form online,are there other requirements? Thanks as I wait your response
- Guarantor's form is not needed for passport renewal.

- However, your NIN is compulsory.

- Other requirements have been previously listed. You can check page 446.

- It's good you're being proactive by applying for your passport renewal early enough.

Note: A common challenge that you may encounter is when NIS officials say your NIN has not been "validated" or "dropped".
So, in foresight, I'll suggest that immediately you complete your online application, just send NIMC an email (replicate same through their Twitter & Facebook DMs). You can use this format shared by pufframy:
pufframmy:
...Send an email to info@nimc.gov.ng with a copy-to cc.. to ithelpdesk@nimc.gov.ng; customercare@nimc.gov.ng; nimccustomercare@nimc.gov.ng...
Put the subject as “VALIDATE MY NIN-NUMBER”.
Then give them your “full name” and the NIN-Number that is to be validated...

It can save you a lot of stress.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 7:44am On May 05, 2022
renewal donot need guarantor form

ohlordhavemercy:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 7:56am On May 05, 2022
donbabchizy:
I heard there's no available booklet in alausa! Please how true is this ? Because I am supposed to have collected my daughter's passport since last week but my uncle who's works there keeps telling me booklet is not available at the moment.

Since your uncle works there and I want to believe he helped you with the process then he should also be able to help you check whenever your daughter's passport is ready.

As at yesterday, a lot of people collected their passport and there was no complain.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by incognitoo: 8:41am On May 05, 2022
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Haysamo: 9:26am On May 05, 2022
Please what is the procedure for obtaining passport for a child? And what are the necessary documents required?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by steph6: 9:47am On May 05, 2022
Ifeoba:
Applicants whose capturing date fell on public holidays (2nd & 3rd) were attended to at Aluasa Lagos today. The crowd was much and today's rain delayed. 2nd and 3rd appointment are giving the privilege to come tomorrow and Friday.

DIY is fine at Aluasa, Lagos if:
1. You will be patient. The process may take the entire day but you will be verified and captured that same day if you don't have issues.

2. NIN is very compulsory. That's the first thing they will verify. The spelling, arrangement of your name and DOB on your NIN must be the same with what you have on your passport if you are renewing. They have sitting room for DIYs as long as it's your appointment date.

3. If you're a fresh applicant, make sure your NIN is verified before coming for your appointment.

4. If you're DIY, don't expect any officer to help you out. They will only direct you but you will get all the info you need from your fellow applicants.

5. Lastly, you will get your collection date on the final slip they will give you after capturing.

This info is for Aluasa center in Lagos. Thanks.

Same thing in ikoyi, please when is your collection date? they do not state collection date on the enrollment slip given at ikoyi ikoyi

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ionome(f): 10:07am On May 05, 2022
Hello, pls I need ur candid advise. I was single when I got my 1st passport, now I am married and want to renew the passport cos its expired. I applied for renewal without going through the Change of name route. Pls will I have any issue doing capturing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2022
ionome:
Hello, pls I need ur candid advise. I was single when I got my 1st passport, now I am married and want to renew the passport cos its expired. I applied for renewal without going through the Change of name route. Pls will I have any issue doing capturing?

Just maintain your name.

Or you do a change of name at the court with Newspaper Publication if you want to use your current status and probably do an update with that name.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 10:19am On May 05, 2022
steph6:

Same thing in ikoyi, please when is your collection date? they do not state collection date on the enrollment slip given at ikoyi ikoyi

June 2. I think it varies by centers. I'm not sure about this please.

Though, they said 3 weeks after capturing for re-issue and 6 weeks for fresh applicant. It doesn't work like this all the time for DIY and it comes even earlier according to people's testimonies. Circumstances abound. This is Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.