Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? (3105 Views)

Lonely Girl Midnight Calls / Lonely Girl / {ladies} Weirdest Thing You've Done On A Lonely Night (be Sincere) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2014
Okay basically, I don't do this stuff, but hey, it isn't really a crazy thing, is it? My best friend (a girl) travelled to Canada for school, say 2 to 3 months ago and I've always missed her. Well, just thought it might be fun making new friends again - with the ladies. I'm a platonic guy, nothing romantic needed. Just, someone to chitchat with, hit great jokes on, and hang out sometimes. REMEMBER, don't want a "girlfriend". Just a friend. I'm interested in stuff like psychology, observing people and learning about people. And I love meeting people too (obviously)! Not exceptionally great at chess but I can pack a punch when it comes to writing. I love writing... and conversing (the gisting, talking and LISTENING gamut. Lol) Also crazy about reading. All in all,nothin fancy but I LIKE me. And PurlEEz! Don't think it. I'm not looking for love. Just friendship - the simple, honest type? Um, I'm based in Abuja (if you are, the better), so do hit me up: 08185880605 . Thanks future buddy smiley
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 28, 2014
But ur topic reads a lonely girl...how sure are we dat ur not a ritualist

3 Likes

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 7:40am On Oct 28, 2014
Cutehector4u:
LMAO!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Zaikon(m): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2014
Cutehector4u:
seconded

2 Likes

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2014
Cutehector4u:

Ok ok... I admit it. I'm a ritualist. See? I'm still honest, even when accused falsely. Jesus was. Well, you satisfied now? smiley
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 7:46am On Oct 28, 2014
Wisest no make me laugh with this your post.

people are going to take this wrongly.

i wish you the best of luck

many people don't believe in such term here 'platonic'

be ready for the bashing that's going to come out from this thread.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2014
I swear, some guys find it painful to be "just friends" with ladies. I understand though.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 28, 2014
joywendy:
Wisest no make me laugh with this your post.

people are going to take this wrongly.

i wish you the best of luck

many people don't believe in such term here 'platonic'

be ready for the bashing that's going to come out from this thread.

Thanks Joy... My heart's clean on this one. Expecting calls instead. What's wrong with risk? smiley

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:
I swear, some guys find it painful to be "just friends" with ladies. I understand though.

yeah seriously.

something must always be involved. undecided

if you have a male friend that u are close too. someone will automatically think you guys are dating or one person actually has feelings and just leaving in denial.

TheWisest:

Thanks Joy... My heart's clean on this one. Expecting calls instead. What's wrong with risk? smiley

you are welcome! smiley

I wish you the best.

no problem. risks are good to take but u must trend carefully.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by djeezy(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2014
Preying on a shattered and lonely girl embarassed
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2014
joywendy:

yeah seriously.

something must always be involved. undecided

if you have a male friend that u are close too. someone will automatically think you guys are dating or one person actually has feelings and just leaving in denial.

Called "The Friendzone". I always tell guys to state what they want from the beginning so as not to feel victimized. A guy and a girl can be friends. It s just easier for some than others.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2014
djeezy:
Preying on a shattered and lonely girl embarassed

First it was ritualist. Now I'm preying? Phew... Well, strike two! Bring it on guys. Wanna see what you'all have in mind about this "guy-girl platonic thing". smiley *Sips coffee*
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Call 1! "Really nice to meet you too, anonymous". Talk more smiley

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 8:11am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:

Called "The Friendzone". I always tell guys to state what they want from the beginning so as not to feel victimized. A guy and a girl can be friends. It s just easier for some than others.

it doesn't work oh.

some guys will say they just want to be friends in the long run start saying things like they have feelings and want to date even after saying it from the beginning that u don't want such. later they will open mouth and say friend zoning. smh.

so my dear it is better to be alone than follow those kinda peeps. but just a few guys like yourself and others that are the exception.

different things for different folks though.

myopinion
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 8:11am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2014
joywendy:

it doesn't work oh.

some guys will say they just want to be friends in the long run start saying things like they have feelings and want to date even after saying it from the beginning that u don't want such. later they will open mouth and say friend zoning. smh.

so my dear it is better to be alone than follow those kinda peeps. but just a few guys like yourself and others that are the exception.

different things for different folks though.

myopinion

See Joy, I know what you're talking about and I have a philosophy: NO MATTER WHAT goes wrong in a f/ship or rl/ship, THE GUY CAUSED IT. You girls have no blame. I dont even believe in the friendzone thing sef. I fell in it once in my rookie days, then I found out it was MY fault. A guy is supposed to say how he wants things to go. If he wants f/ship, he directs it there. If he wants sth else, it s in his hands. Ladies ARE NOT GUILTY. Point!
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by ifex370(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2014
ritualist's are getting desperate this Xmas season undecided
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:

See Joy, I know what you're talking about and I have a philosophy: NO MATTER WHAT goes wrong in a f/ship or rl/ship, THE GUY CAUSED IT. You girls have no blame. I dont even believe in the friendzone thing sef. I fell in it once in my rookie days, then I found out it was MY fault. A guy is supposed to say how he wants things to go. If he wants f/ship, he directs it there. If he wants sth else, it s in his hands. Ladies ARE NOT GUILTY. Point!

i get your point, but lets be objectivity here and look at different views.

i wont completely blame it on the guys even some ladies do such nonsense. it goes both ways for the guys and the ladies.

most ladies like to bottle up their emotions and just pretend to be friends even when they want something more out of the friendship. but would rather just keep shut and wait for the guy to show his intention first.

i believe friendship or relationships should be a mutual agreement between the two parties not just one person either male or female.

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 28, 2014
what's the fuss about?
Why can't men and women be just friends ?
Though attraction is not a choice, acting on it is a choice

Most of my close friends are male and I really don't get the sense they are hanging around for sex
They are more like brothers

I'm all for the honest-to-goodness, totally platonic cross-gender friendship

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Mizchief:
what's the fuss about?
Why can't men and women be just friends ?
Though attraction is not a choice, acting on it is a choice

Most of my close friends are male and I really don't get the sense they are hanging around for sex
They are more like brothers

I'm all for the honest-to-goodness, totally platonic cross-gender friendship

Thank you!!

it just doesn't work that way in real life situations.

we are a few out of many who thinks in this direction.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2014
joywendy:

Thank you!!

it just doesn't work that way in real life situations.

we are a few out of many who thinks in this direction.

I don't get
What doesn't work that way in real life situations,Cross-sex friendship?

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 28, 2014
Okay. Officially ignoring all the Ritualist Lines. It's old now. Sth new plz?
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by blessingfonzi(f): 9:04am On Oct 28, 2014
Yes o
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2014
Dear Mizchef and Joy, abeg let's try to educate my homeboys more, anywhere u can. In the Guycode community, I ll be lynched but the guy-girl f/ships to me have been the sweetests more than any romantic flings I've had. In the name of being a guy, guys form a lot. Many of them are secretly looking for just a friend, someone they can confide in rather than just sleep with. But this thing called ego ehn... Anyways, guys lets just stop forming. And Joywendy, didn't know women also get friendzoned too! Might explain one or two incidents in my life.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Mizchief:

I don't get
What doesn't work that way in real life situations,Cross-sex friendship?

yes

it works but in very few situations due to the mentality of most people around here.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by joywendy(f): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:
Dear Mizchef and Joy, abeg let's try to educate my homeboys more, anywhere u can. In the Guycode community, I ll be lynched but the guy-girl f/ships to me have been the sweetests more than any romantic flings I've had. In the name of being a guy, guys form a lot. Many of them are secretly looking for just a friend, someone they can confide in rather than just sleep with. But this thing called ego ehn... Anyways, guys lets just stop forming. And Joywendy, didn't know women also get friendzoned too! Might explain one or two incidents in my life.

lolz!!

they do oh. probably even worse than some males. at least some of the guys might tell at the end. but some if not most of the ladies will rather die in silence.

pride is the cause of all this and no one wants to get hurt or used. so i don't blame them, human beings are such weird creatures. You can never tell who is who.

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2014
joywendy:

yes

it works but in very few situations due to the mentality of most people around here.
Well, we can't really blame them because their 'suspicion' is somehow justified
More often than not, there's a degree of underlying romantic attraction or sexual tension in some cross-sex friendship
The friends are not bothered by the sexual attraction, they feel flattered their friends find them attractive
They just go ahead and cross the line

1 Like

Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by tpia6: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2014
TheWisest:

True.

However, there's a reason why Dr Phil is so much in demand.

A lot of men don't understand women do need time off from just being considered sex objects round the clock.

And ok, vice versa maybe.
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2014
hmmmm.....sounds weird
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
jomile:
hmmmm.....sounds weird

Maybe coz you're weird smiley
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by 05984901JE(f): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2015
Any one up for chat realy need a friend....
Re: A Lonely Girl Out There? Need A Friend? by Sketch007(m): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2015
05984901JE:
Any one up for chat realy need a friend....

Sure... Holla "28FE6040...
@ Op, search on, she might just b a stone throw away 4rm ya..

(1) (2) (Reply)

gays and lesbians only / I Need A Male Friend / Happy Birthday Jay Bee!!! Come In And Drop Ur Wishes For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.