Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? (13274 Views)

Take Up My Potato/plantain Chips Business / Foods We Can Produce And Sell Without NAFDAC Number / How Can I Get NAFDAC Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by fryo4life(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2014
Hello guys,
I am a young graduate with little capital who intends to start a packaged chips business. The problem is that I want to start on a small scale and market it nationwide. So I will like to ask if Nafdac number is compulsory cause I have little fund for the registration. Would Nafdac give me a grace period to start the business first?
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2014
fryo4life:
Hello guys,
I am a young graduate with little capital who intends to start a packaged chips business. The problem is that I want to start on a small scale and market it nationwide. So I will like to ask if Nafdac number is compulsory cause I have little fund for the registration. Would Nafdac give me a grace period to start the business first?
even if you want to market it in your local government alone, it is required. Stop limiting yourself. Start producing then work towards getting certification, nafdac will not notice you until you are popular and by then, the 52k needed for it should not be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by ghost1718(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2014
my friend have U seen A pure water with Nafdac number on it befor ?? So dont mind them and start ur biz,NAFDAC Is for the rich and is just a number

1 Like

Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by nextstep(m): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
I looked into this previously for my business, and decided that no matter how small, you should make the effort.

http://www.nafdac.gov.ng/images/PDF_DOCS/Guidelines/FOOD_MANUFACTURERS/GUIDE30_GUIDELINES%20FOR%20REGISTRATION%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20WATER.pdf

"It is necessary to emphasize that, no food and related products shall be manufactured, imported, exported, advertised, sold or distributed in Nigeria unless it has been registered in accordance with the provisions of ACT CAP F33 LFN 2004 (formerly decree 19 of 1993) and the accompanying guidelines."

Last thing you want is them seizing your stuff or back-dating some hefty fines when you get big and noticable.

That said, I don't think mama boli or the agidi lady by the roadside has NAFDAC registration, but that might be an exemption (look the other way) for sellers-on-premises. Since you're aiming for retailing, don't take chances.
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by Toosure70: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
nextstep:
I looked into this previously for my business, and decided that no matter how small, you should make the effort.

http://www.nafdac.gov.ng/images/PDF_DOCS/Guidelines/FOOD_MANUFACTURERS/GUIDE30_GUIDELINES%20FOR%20REGISTRATION%20OF%20FOOD%20AND%20WATER.pdf

"It is necessary to emphasize that, no food and related products shall be manufactured, imported, exported, advertised, sold or distributed in Nigeria unless it has been registered in accordance with the provisions of ACT CAP F33 LFN 2004 (formerly decree 19 of 1993) and the accompanying guidelines."

Last thing you want is them seizing your stuff or back-dating some hefty fines when you get big and noticable.

That said, I don't think mama boli or the agidi lady by the roadside has NAFDAC registration, but that might be an exemption (look the other way) for sellers-on-premises. Since you're aiming for retailing, don't take chances.
then how many local bakery has nafdac no?
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by nextstep(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
Toosure70:
then how many local bakery has nafdac no?

You know our local law enforcement... nobody looks your way when you're small, but all it takes is one person raising a flag for whatever reason... Then if you complain, you'll be told, "why didn't you register?" Since OP has aspirations for nationwide distribution, he might as well lay as good a foundation as he can.

OP: do you have access to equipment for making these chips? What about space and packaging material? You can certainly start w/o nafdac no, and maybe sell locally or to people you know.
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by fryo4life(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
I have ordered for chips making equipment from china through alibaba.com. The packaging materials and sealing machine has been sorted out. And a spacious shop is being arranged. in terms of production arrangement, I am set.
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by fryo4life(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
My issue is with Nafdac number cause I want to aggressively market my chips. The top supermarkets in cities may not accept my product due to nafdac registration. And processing nafdac number will cost up to half a million before I start the business. But I have just limited fund. My chips is new flavour into Nigerian market and its just a company producing it in Nigeria as at now and they are doing extremely well.
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by johnsonjaxx(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2015
My brother pls I have the same problem pls I want to know how far u ve gone pls my email is johnsonjaxx @ yahoo.com

Thank you
Waiting to hear from u .

1 Like

Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by Menace2Society(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2015
fryo4life:
My issue is with Nafdac number cause I want to aggressively market my chips. The top supermarkets in cities may not accept my product due to nafdac registration. And processing nafdac number will cost up to half a million before I start the business. But I have just limited fund. My chips is new flavour into Nigerian market and its just a company producing it in Nigeria as at now and they are doing extremely well.
half a million for Nafdac reg kai u kidding
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by topelovely: 10:15pm On May 17, 2017
Is NAFDAC registration required to sell local amala food? Is NAFDAC registration required to sell home made chips sold in a small community? Is NAFDAC registration required for "Ewa agoyin"? Is NAFDAC registration required to sell Rice and home made stew with plantain, pomo, orisirisi? Do you require NAFDAC registration for party food, owambe, weddings, etc? Do you require NAFDAC registration to open a food restaurant, chin-chin restaurant, meat-pie restaurant? If not then please go ahead my guy. NAFDAC is just a clog in the wheel of startup in this country.

The middle class and political elite want to stunt the growth of Made in Nigeria products for their selfish preferred "Shoprite-like" lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by PropertyAsset: 6:34am On May 18, 2017
WE ACCEPT BITCOIN FOR PAYMENT FOR BUYING LANDS IN SOME OF OUR ESTATES!!!

Many are aware of the Ajah area of Lagos being the hub of Real Estate Investment in Nigeria, especially in Lagos.
Ajah is just the next big town to Lekki. A plot of Land currently sellS in Lekki for about N200m. Lekki was seeling for less than N100,000 in the 90s and now you can imagine the price difference. It was selling for few tens of thousands in the early 2000s. We have another opportunity for you to key into #LandBanking now in Ajah, which is the nearest and next town to Lekki. For just N12m, we can help you secure a titled land with CofO in a Secured Estate, and just behind the Shoprite in Shangotedo, Ajah which is where the Lagos Business School (LBS) is located. No Omo-Onile Wahala as your investment is safe (Lawyers and Surveyors do testify to this)

PROMO: Buy Titled &Secure Estate (Westwood Park Ajah) Behind New Shoprite- Get An ipad

Westwood Park Estate Is Located In A Serene Environment Of The New Economic Centre Of Lagos.

ESTATE FEATURES:
- Good Road Network
- Street Light
- Gated & Secured Environment
- Sports Corridors
- Landscaping
- Shopping Centres.

Why You Must Buy Into Westwood Park Estate 2
- The Estate Will Appreciate By Over 150% In 12 Months.
- Excellent Location,10 Minutes to VGC
- Excellent Facilities
- GOOD TITLE
- Free From Any Known Government Acquisition.

We Currently Run A Promo For iPad Every Buyer! AND THIS PROMO MAY END SOON
* Neighborhood:
* Oluwa-Ni-n-Sola Estate, Chevron, Lekki, Lagos - The Largest Private Estate In Lagos.
* The Lagos Business School, Sangotedo & Pan Atlantic University.
* Novare Mall, Lekki (Sangotedo) - The Largest Shopping Mall In Lagos.
* Emperor Estate, Sangotedo - One Of The Most Expensive Housing Estate In Lagos.
* The Monastery, Sangotedo: The Catholic Monastery.
* Lagos Homes, Sangotedo.
* Grenadines Estate, Sangotedo.
* And Many Others.

PRICE: N12m outright

INSTALLMENTAL: 3 Months

For Further Inquiries and Inspection;
Call/WhatsApp Banji:+2348034113771 /+2348027390046
Re: Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? by PropertyAsset: 6:45am On May 18, 2017
WE ACCEPT BITCOIN FOR PAYMENT FOR BUYING LANDS IN SOME OF OUR ESTATES!!!

Many are aware of the Ajah area of Lagos being the hub of Real Estate Investment in Nigeria, especially in Lagos.
Ajah is just the next big town to Lekki. A plot of Land currently sellS in Lekki for about N200m. Lekki was seeling for less than N100,000 in the 90s and now you can imagine the price difference. It was selling for few tens of thousands in the early 2000s. We have another opportunity for you to key into #LandBanking now in Ajah, which is the nearest and next town to Lekki. For just N12m, we can help you secure a titled land with CofO in a Secured Estate, and just behind the Shoprite in Shangotedo, Ajah which is where the Lagos Business School (LBS) is located. No Omo-Onile Wahala as your investment is safe (Lawyers and Surveyors do testify to this)

PROMO: Buy Titled &Secure Estate (Westwood Park Ajah) Behind New Shoprite- Get An ipad

Westwood Park Estate Is Located In A Serene Environment Of The New Economic Centre Of Lagos.

ESTATE FEATURES:
- Good Road Network
- Street Light
- Gated & Secured Environment
- Sports Corridors
- Landscaping
- Shopping Centres.

Why You Must Buy Into Westwood Park Estate 2
- The Estate Will Appreciate By Over 150% In 12 Months.
- Excellent Location,10 Minutes to VGC
- Excellent Facilities
- GOOD TITLE
- Free From Any Known Government Acquisition.

We Currently Run A Promo For iPad Every Buyer! AND THIS PROMO MAY END SOON
* Neighborhood:
* Oluwa-Ni-n-Sola Estate, Chevron, Lekki, Lagos - The Largest Private Estate In Lagos.
* The Lagos Business School, Sangotedo & Pan Atlantic University.
* Novare Mall, Lekki (Sangotedo) - The Largest Shopping Mall In Lagos.
* Emperor Estate, Sangotedo - One Of The Most Expensive Housing Estate In Lagos.
* The Monastery, Sangotedo: The Catholic Monastery.
* Lagos Homes, Sangotedo.
* Grenadines Estate, Sangotedo.
* And Many Others.

PRICE: N12m outright

INSTALLMENTAL: 3 Months

For Further Inquiries and Inspection;
Call/WhatsApp Banji:+2348034113771 /+2348027390046

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Upgrade My UBA Account Without Id Card / Rising Electricity Theft Cases Threaten N150bn Meter Market / Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.