Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala (16333 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala ''Proposes'' To Genevieve Nnaji On The Red Carpet (Pic) / Genevieve Nnaji, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Campaign For A Better Nigeria - Pic / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Oprah Winfrey (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Keegan: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2014
Nigeria is enchanted.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by signz: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2014
hayzed2:
Co-ordinating Minister of Economy
and Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala, on Monday said
Nigeria needs about $5 billion to
stabilise the economy.
She made the assertion at a closed door
meeting with Senate Joint Committee
on Finance and National Planning.
The Minister who was in company of
the Central Bank Governor, Godwin
Emefele; [/b]you know we went down
to $2 billion last year and then we built
it up to $9 billion and there was
insistence we must share[b]
, it came down
to $2 and then we had at least built it
back to $5. Right now we are at $4.1
billion,” she noted
The Minister further added: “If we had
built it to a stable cushion then
anything above that we could now use
to augment and that is the reason why
we have not seen that, we have to
balance out everything and I think
Nigerians care so much about exchange
rate. If you have abrupt changes, that
will also affect the psychology of
Nigerians, inflation and all that.”
She said every country faces a certain
amount of risks and uncertainty at
different times, so it is how one
manages it that is a problem.
“Are we prepared with a list of
measures that can help us manage any
of these outcomes, have we thought
through the various scenarios to say if
anything happens, here are the things
to recommend? If we have those
scenarios and manage those things,
then we will be able to manage the
economy,” stated.
She, however, admitted that though the
economic situation is hard, Nigeria can
still manage the situation.
“Yes, at the present time, we are
reasonably stable compared with other
countries but if those risks materialise,
we need to have action in order to keep
the economy stable,” she reiterated.
On the insinuations in some quarters
that Nigeria is broke, the Coordinating
Minister described them as false,
saying they were absolutely not correct
since the country has sufficient assets
to cushion the effect of the harsh
economic realities.
“However, that does not mean that we
cannot have some cash flow
fluctuations, we just have to manage it
because we have an economy that is
reasonably self-sufficient. We are able
to manage ourselves well and if
everybody is willing to do a few things,
we should be able to get there,” she
noted.
On the adoption of $78 pb benchmark
for 2015 budget, she simply asked, “Is
the present budget likely going to be
tenable or a workable budget?
[/b]My belief is, no matter what is settled
on at this point in time, what is
pleasing and brings us all together is
the realisation that what we were trying
to say a few years ago has happened
and it is happening in front of us and
all of us need to come together to find
a solution[b]

1st letters in bold, we can see how our political elites from both the PDP and APC put us in this economic mess.

In the 2nd sentence in bold letters, NOI politely said "I told you so" tongue

I pray we learn a thing or two from this crash in oil prices
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Peejayybold(f): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2014
Abeg wetin be the bottom line cos the story too long

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2014
they want to borrow again. atleast the missing 20 billion from nnpc acount would hav gone a long way in stabilising the economy. weepin for naija

2 Likes

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by lordnammy(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2014
We can raise $5b and more in 30day; If our daily production is at its low lets say 2m b/ day and price is at its low of $80per barrel; then for one day we will ve 80×2m=$160m: then for ten days; we will ve 10×160=$1.6b.×3=$4.8b. There is no way we can be broke even at critical situations. They just ve to manage our resources well

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by gbishman: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Confused people. Get the right minds for the job

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by gigfx: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nigeria FG has been duping us since 1960 make dem kontinue in PEJ's voice.

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is an IMF / World Bank Agent installed by America to run our economy into the ground. No wonder America has been interfering in our affairs as though it owns Nigeria.

All IMF loans has already mortgaged our childrens future, further IMF loans is to mortgage the futures of our unborn grandchildren

Something needs to be done now!

General Sani Abacha rejected all IMF and World Bank loans despite crude oil prices as low as $9 per Barrel.
Yet our present set of rulers are constantly trying to convince us that looting began and ended with Abacha who actually never looted a kobo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
They need $5 billion, $20 billion is missing, 1trillion naira is being budgeted 4 subsidy, & $1billion is being sought in d world bank 2 fight boko haram they re already negotiating with. it doesnt add up abeg.

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
irunobo2:
I love the dogggy style because it make the diick touch down and i do have heavenly feelings. It's a sweet way of making love but my boyfriend prefers the missionary style sad which i find boring. I also love the 69 style and mostly giving heads. smiley. I prefer a Huge corck when giving head cos it fulls my mouth and i handle it like a monster chocolate. Ladies whats your favorite position?
U smoke weed or wetin. U re not flowing wt d thread nyphomaniac.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by devour129: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
This woman is evil ,very evil ! I think she was sent from the pit of hell to bring this country down . Her heart is uglier than her face . The devil picked his best for the job of a hatchet man for Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
Title on another level..
grin grin grin... saw that too
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by welbeck317(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
S3un:
Madame okonjo just talk say u and ur colleagues need pocket moni
abeg helep me tell her make dem collect $5b from our $20b missing fund. Den make dem share $2b for dier expenses den make dem return d balance $13b to d federal acount SIMPLE!!!
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
U smoke weed or wetin. U re not flowing wt d thread nyphomaniac.

That's clearly a small boy.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by patfem(m): 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hmm dis Madam. There is God ooooo
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by nijanigga: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenBuhari:
Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is an IMF / World Bank Agent installed by America to run our economy into the ground. No wonder America has been interfering in our affairs as though it owns Nigeria.

All IMF loans has already mortgaged our childrens future, further IMF loans is to mortgage the futures of our unborn grandchildren

General Sani Abacha rejected all IMF and World Bank loans despite crude oil prices as low as $9 per Barrel.
Yet our present set of rulers are constantly trying to convince us that looting began and ended with Abacha who actually never looted a kobo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl
That should be Gen Buhari not Abacha at no time during Abacha's govt was oil sold at $9/barrel.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by CrinkumCrankum: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
S3un:
Madame okonjo just talk say u and ur colleagues need pocket moni

Hey be careful the way you mention our "ADA IGBO" name.... cool
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by CrinkumCrankum: 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ndababa:
Economy, where '0' is as important as any other number. I thought she recently said our economy is not only stable but vibrant. What's changed in just a month or so?

Ask America how they are still number one country....You dont say everything, it might be She wants to make it more stable cool
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by piagetskinner(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
Why not start with downsizing salaries of our political office holders...u inclusive, to save the country a lot of money 4 the rainy day#cos me thinks that's a superb idea to start with

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by AfroBlue(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
fitzmayowa:
Intelligent presentation...But the big question is will the money be put to use for what it is meant for

I know some government officials have started planing on the sharing formular they would adopt when sharing the billion...

*in the voice of the pot bellied polithiefcian/government official* Another season of harvesting nigeria/nigerians billion/s is here

did you see that thread yesterday on NL about 9ja big boys and girls buying up choice properties in London town?

https://www.nairaland.com/1969139/nigerian-elite-buying-up-london

Proverbs 22:7

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

cry
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by kashere: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wat happen to the money south africa returned!!
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's clearly a small boy.
U re a big girl abi? "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by AfroBlue(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
kashere:
Wat happen to the money south africa returned!!

fuel and food for pilgrimage to the holy land.

FG Spends N9BN Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet

http://silverbirdtv.com/news/fg-spends-n9bn-annually-10-aircraft-presidential-fleet

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by fxskye: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
greaterlove:

So you still believe that $20B is missing or you are just trying to be mischievous?

Has GEJ convinced Nigerians about the mirage of $20B accused by Sanusi?

As for me, I believed Sanusi.....

1 Like

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by gatiano(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Abacha was one of the greatest leader africa had, so was Gaddafi, so was Nkrumah and few other leaders, Mandela wanted to, They lied to him, made promises to that old man that at the end of the day, there was nothing he could do, They want Mugabi out because he won't sell out his children's children future for the graceful and wasteful living of the caucasian people. they called him fool and sactioned his country, the most foolish and stupid africans (black lost minds) join voice in condemning their own greater good. they removed that aviation minister, they tricked her, she slipped, and that was the cut in the growth of the avaition industry, that woman that just died, the ex-nafdac chief from Anambra state, i believe she was poisoned so that she may not come back to criticize their evil deeds. okonjo, agaga, what is that petroleum minister name?, all of them are stooges, housemaids to the caucasian. 5 billion $ in this hard times, to return 50 billion $ that is if we can pay ontime, because there will be penalty of some sort for late payments of loan, and if they can't repay, then all the natural resources will be pillaged for free. cheat me once shame on you, cheat me the second time shame on me like someone wrote on this forum today, they have cheated us a thousand and one times thru the likes of okonjo and likes.

GenBuhari:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
[b][/b]As far as I'm concerned, these woman's work as a Minister of Finance ended during the OBJ era. She is merely taking us for a ride, courtesy of her past achievements and social status. She has far been bought over to the side of TANs...don't get me wrong! She's just fulfilling the statement..'If you can't beat them;join them'..not that she doesn't have what to offer the country again. That's the chronic symptom of these GEJ's administration, weakened institutions! Courtesy of his canvassing for corruption, he made it hard for anyone not to be on his side; constantly using all available resource and tools to harass anyone that goes contrary to his way. Haven't we asked ourselves this question...despite the level of corruption in all sector in the past and now, the Military has always maintained a low key since May 29 1999, how come its under these God-forsaken administration that you start hearing about mutiny, sabotage and excessive corruption in the ranks
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by ibedun: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
[size=20pt]Useless people living well beyond their means, just look at the our daily imports - the endless cargo of luxury consumer goods (Range Rover , AMG Benz, unneccesary and unwarranted high living, private jets in a country where people are hungry etc etc, billions disappearing from the collective foreign reserves. Renting apartments at Lekki, flights to and from abroad full to the brim, Emirates air hostesses describe them as "the most wasteful spenders in the world". Produces nothing, just digs oil out of the ground and sell and spend on consumer products (Like Yoruba Omo-oniles syndrone). I hope this country and its useless people perish. Slaves[/size]

The currency will collapse soon and lives / generations will again be destroyed.

Like Ghana, get ready to chase the IMF for dreadful, life altering, society destroying loans.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
please check price of oil june 1998
nijanigga:

That should be Gen Buhari not Abacha at no time during Abacha's govt was oil sold at $9/barrel.
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
We Nigerian deserve whatever hardship is coming our way.

For the simple fact that we have failed to get on the streets and demand our leaders are accountable.

Well believe it or not, we have just come to the end of the good times. The coming weeks and months would be crunch time and it is going to be a matter of survival. We simply have to ensure that we do not leave dishonest people in charge of our affairs and destiny.

In our personal lives how many of us would tolerate a liar and irrresponsible person to run our finances or businesses?
Re: FG Needs $5b To Stabilise Economy – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
nijanigga:

check out oil price for mid 1998 in the diagram below (the year Abacha was poisoned) yu would see oil was in the region of $10 per barrel

[img]http://4.bp..com/-d65pE-PC2_8/USKXRMQ6xJI/AAAAAAAABYo/XRZJbAbWykI/s1600/WTI+Price+Chart.png[/img]

General Buhari also ruled at a time when oil was barely selling at $20 per barrel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Prostitutes Swears Nakedly In Dubai (viewers Discretion Plz) / Adriana Lima. My Beautiful Angel. / Nollywood Actor Ashley Nwosu Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.