Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Benefits Of Using A Child’s First Language As Medium Of Instruction - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Benefits Of Using A Child’s First Language As Medium Of Instruction (597 Views)

99% Of Students Do Not Follow This Instruction And You Are One Of Them / Language As A Dissonance In Communication / Language As A Dissonance In Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Using A Child’s First Language As Medium Of Instruction by majinice07: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2014
I am doing a community development service in my school as a course and i am to be going to a nearby primary school to tutor the pupils there but the biggest challenge am having is that the children are not even understanding English language so i have to start from scratch with their local language, when i told my instructor about it she gave me the following questions to observe
1. summarize the benefits of using the child’s first language as medium of instruction in schools,
2. What are the obstacles to the use of local languages in schools?
3. What can you, as an individual, do to overcome some of the obstacles to the use of local language in schools?
4. How does the use of English as Language of instruction affect the learning outcome of the pupils you are tutoring?
Re: The Benefits Of Using A Child’s First Language As Medium Of Instruction by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2014
Inthink NYSC should consider this befor postin sumone to a place whr he or she doesnt understand thr local dialect

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Students Won International Biochemistry Competition / How Is This Possible? / Primary Colours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.