Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. (9076 Views)

Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / Lagos Switches On Street Light On Iyana-ipaja Road And Its Inner Roads.( Pics) / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Ikwokrikwo: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gloria3389:

I disagree... cutting of ribbon and little or big gathering is done whenever any government open a complete project....
stop beefing and besides how does the whole scenario affect u...be optimistic for once
Is Installation of street lights one of those projects ribbons are cut for?
Fashola can organise a ceremony for planting of flower or painting of roads all for propaganda.
How does it affect me? People are being deceived into believing the man is performing all because of propaganda like these.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Ikwokrikwo: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bezed:
Lagos is bigger than this.. celebrating street light... while single lane street in areas like enugu shines every night for the past 4 years or so..Lagos is a gaint and shouldn't act less
You see what I am saying?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by igwedaboss(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:
Why should a ceremony be organised just to switch on street lights? Even the poorest states and the so called worse performing governors do this all the time witthout making any noise or throwing a party.
This is propaganda at its worse.
SMH
They commissioning a project, u complaining about them doing a ceremony.. na wa oo.. so that's what is disturbing u, not even congratulating them on a new success. #haterstag

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by ba7man(m): 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bezed:
Lagos is bigger than this.. celebrating street light... while single lane street in areas like enugu shines every night for the past 4 years or so..Lagos is a gaint and shouldn't act less
Enugu = Surulere alone.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
No..no..no..no ..no...this is now becoming Awada keri keri. A big time comedy!!! Anyway, I am sure Fashola himself will be embarrassed that this was posted online as an achievement.
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by arresa: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
igwedaboss:
They commissioning a project, u complaining about them doing a ceremony.. na wa oo.. so that's what is disturbing u, not even congratulating them on a new success. #haterstag

One thing you don't see them do on NL is posting anything progress and development in their villages, they are basically not used to progress, development, performance and productivity, it's foreign to them.

All their leaders combined did not build one single classroom since 1999 even though they collect taxes and allocations like other states in Nigeria.

Their corrupt and useless FG promising the uninterrupted power supply every year that's still a mirage to Nigerians is lies, deception, crookedness and propaganda while our streets, hospitals, courts, schools, parks, institutions and other public buildings gettign 24/7 power supply is reality.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by PointB: 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Let us clap for Fashola!

He has used part of over N12 billion in Federal Allocation and over N35 billion in IGR to install street light. cheesy cheesy grin

Please let's clap for the uncommon achievement. Even Tinubu and Ibori combined couldn't pull off this looting feat! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by arresa: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ozin:
No..no..no..no ..no...this is now becoming Awada keri keri. A big time comedy!!! Anyway, I am sure Fashola himself will be embarrassed that this was posted online as an achievement.

Ozin:
GEJ I beg carry go..who no know,go know,who know,go know too much sey na you be the man til 2019

At least we see where you belong..Typical ignorant tANOID rubbish...lmao
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Olaolufred(m): 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
While Lagos under Fashola may not be there yet,
He has done creditably well.
I live just around the NYSC orientation camp and knows well the security issues facing Ipana Ipaja and entire Lagos.
Within the last Four years, Streets around my area had taken new looks in terms of road, good drainages and street lights.
Security starts from removal of hiding places. Lighting enhances visibility and exposes hideouts for crime.
All I will say is that God will help Lagos get someone who will continue this good job.
Before I am scared of so many places on Lagos road, However, at 11 pm if you have reasons to go out of your abode, you will witness the colourful Lagos we've never seen before.
Lagos is not there yet, but on the way.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Ikwokrikwo: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
igwedaboss:
I wouldn't be bothered if his followers wouldn't turn around to claim that he is the best performing governor and should be President in future all because he organises parties and calls press men and photographers to celeberate even the most insignificant of projects.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Ikwokrikwo: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ozin:
He will not be embarrased, he did the cutting of ribbons and posing for cameras, he invited the pressmen and photographers, he employed people like the OP to post things like this all over the internet. He is fully involved in the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by arresa: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:

I wouldn't be bothered if his followers wouldn't turn around to claim that he is the best performing governor and should be President in future all because he organises parties and calls press men and photographers to celeberate even the most insignificant of projects.

Fri, 2014-10-31 (All day)

With an 8.8MW capacity, the Mainland IPP eradicates 48 generators with total installed capacity of 11.5MW that were being used inefficiently to power LASG facilities within the Old Secretariat, Ikeja GRA. Mainland IPP will power LASUTH, Ikeja High Court, Old Secretariat Complex, Water Works and over 20km of Public Lighting. To be commissioned by His Excellency, Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Wednesday, October 29, at Mainland IPP, Ikeja GRA.

We have another one ready to be commissioned in a few days so you have more worries and things to bother your existence to death....

Government buildings, state institutions water works and 20 klm streets meaning 20 KLM of new underground cable sidelining your worthless National grid. This is our new up to date and modern transmission lines.

All in all, we now have 300 klm of fresh underground cable to power our streets, public infrastructures and institutions and when the times comes, our homes too..

This should really bother you to death...

Of all the things in the world, the best governor is your silly and mindless preoccupation...lmao. You people really need to find something better to do with your miserable existence...

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by arresa: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Btw, look out for pictures from the commissioning ceremony on friday when we commission Mainland IPP and light up more streets, water works, and so on 24/7 uninterrupted.......

Losers...lol

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:
Why should a ceremony be organised just to switch on street lights? Even the poorest states and the so called worse performing governors do this all the time witthout making any noise or throwing a party.
SMH
so commissioning a project is now ceremony? Were you complaining wen udaguan was "celebrating" swimming pool?
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by arresa: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2014

IPP CAPACITY: 10 MW

No OF GENERATORS ERADICATED: 68 (16.8 MW)

ANNUAL REDUCTION OF CO2 EMISSIONS: 185,054,976 lbs

OPERATIONAL DATE: JUNE 2013

This project is Phase II of the Island Power project and the project objective was for Lagos State Government to develop, through public private partnership (PPP), the first integrated and fully independent power generation, distribution and public lighting solution in Nigeria. This project will provide 24 hours uninterrupted power supply to crucial Lagos State facilities within the health, education, security, water, waste management, science & technology, judicial, sport and transportation sectors in Lagos Island. The project has extended the IPP distribution network from 18KM (Phase I) to 57KM. It has also increased the number of LASG facilities connected to the plant from 10 facilities to 38 facilities and public lighting network from 12.6KM to 70.7KM.

Facilities Connected to the Island Power & Expansion Projects

Phase I

General Hospital, Lagos (Including the Mortuary & Doctors’ quarters)

Island Maternity Hospital

Lagos State Health Service Commission

High Court of Lagos State

High Court of Lagos State Annex

Igbosere Magistrate Court

Lagos House, Marina

E-learning Centre

Lagos City Hall

Freedom Park

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by farem: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
mioja:

Some residential areas in lagos dont have light o!!!

Ask the forces from Otuoke
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Ikwokrikwo: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
arresa:

We have another one ready to be commissioned in a few days so you have more worries and things to bother your existence to death....

Government buildings, state institutions water works and 20 klm streets meaning 20 KLM of new underground cable sidelining your worthless National grid. This is our new up to date and modern transmission lines.

All in all, we now have 300 klm of fresh underground cable to power our streets, public infrastructures and institutions and when the times comes, our homes too..

This should really bother you to death...

Of all the things in the world, the best governor is your silly and mindless preoccupation...lmao. You people really need to find something better to do with your miserable existence...
You want to replace 48 small generators with a big 8MW generator.
Why should I be bothered?
Don't call such nonsense an IPP.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Olaolufred(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:

YOU MEAN 48 I-BETTA-PASS-MA-NEIBOR WITH 2.5Kva HONDA?

WE THAT STAYS IN LAGOS KNOWS BETTER.

WE DO NOT NEED TO PROVE, WE ONLY ENJOY THE NEW ADDITIONS.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by BOAR: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:

He will not be embarrased, he did the cutting of ribbons and posing for cameras, he invited the pressmen and photographers, he employed people like the OP to post things like this all over the internet. He is fully involved in the whole thing.

Wetin the governor of your village state don commission lately, sorry, they are all busy succkingg GEJ balls, even in Jerusalem.
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:

It is IPP, but you are free to call it whatever suits your ignorant mentality.

Now, this so called generator according to you guarantees 24/7 uninterrupted power supply to our hospitals, public infrastructures and institutions, the question is, can your president and FG guarantee any building in Nigeria uninterrupted power supply? The answer is no and it's never been don since independence. This is why Fashola is greater than your president and past president combined..

I know you are too unintelligent to get the gist, but try, you can do it..

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Op I hope you'll be here to tell us when he switches it off.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nobleval:
Op I hope you'll be here to tell us when he switches it off.

Nothing good comes to evil wishers and backward thinkers.

The only thing that gets switched off is your worthless FG power supply that's been failing you and keeping you on total darkness since independence. Worry more about that and less about Lagosians getting uninterrupted power supply...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by phantom(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:
SMH

I agree with you! our leaders should learn to shun unnecessary propaganda and just get on with the job.
imagine posing in front of a switchboard with a huge smile on his face. the whole thing is irritating if you ask me.
light up Lagos streets without this fanfare. it's shameful.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2014

Very exciting to see very functional and productive state institutions branching out and creating sub institutions needed to educate and grow critical technical workforce and manpower to move the state forward.

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
aresa:

Nothing good comes to evil wishers and backward thinkers.

The only thing that gets switched off is your worthless FG power supply that's been failing you and keeping you on total darkness since independence. Worry more about that and less about Lagosians getting uninterrupted power supply...
you mean your FG. I know Lagos like the back of my hand. Whenever I visit Nigeria I do notice that previously lit road are without light.

Btw I have a house and does my business there.

Taking one step forward and stepping back twice ain't progress dear.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
phantom:

I agree with you! our leaders should learn to shun unnecessary propaganda and just get on with the job.
imagine posing in front of a switchboard with a huge smile on his face. the whole thing is irritating if you ask me.
light up Lagos streets without this fanfare. it's shameful.

The man doing his job irritates you? Who doesn't? The useless and incompetent losers that collects taxes and allocations without doing anything?

What's propaganda about cutting tapes and commissioning projects? Is there a society on the suffice of the earth where they don't cut tapes and commission projects? Would you like me to post pictures from all over the world?

The fact that you lose sleep over such matters doesn't mean it's a bad thing or out of place...

Seeing my public officials cut tapes and commission projects everyday means they are doing what we the electorates voted them into office to do so why should this bother any soul unless you are allergic to developments and progress...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by aresa: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
[s]
Nobleval:
you mean your FG. I know Lagos like the back of my hand. Whenever I visit Nigeria I do notice that previously lit road are without light.

Btw I have a house and does my business there.

Taking one step forward and stepping back twice ain't progress dear.
[/s]

I'm not interested in your thoughtless and mindless rant...

Talking about Fashola switching of what he worked tirelessly to produce was dumb, idiotic and moronic.

Please take you silly talk elsewhere...
Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
arresa:

At least we see where you belong..Typical ignorant tANOID rubbish...lmao

U still ve not said anything..Janjawiidian!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On 11.8 Klm Public Lighting On Ikorodu Rd, Road, MM Way. PICS. by phantom(m): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
aresa:

The man doing his job irritates you? Who doesn't? The useless and incompetent losers that collects taxes and allocations without doing anything?

What's propaganda about cutting tapes and commissioning projects? Is there a society on the suffice of the earth where they don't cut tapes and commission projects? Would you like me to post pictures from all over the world?

The fact that you lose sleep over such matters doesn't mean it's a bad thing or out of place...

Seeing my public officials cut tapes and commission projects everyday means they are doing what we the electorates voted them into office to do so why should this bother any soul unless you are allergic to developments and progress...

ekoile,its not a sin to criticise fashola and its even more worrying to me that this man is one of our best. it shows you the standards to which we hold our leaders. picture this man doing this sort of thing in the UK.....does the picture still look good to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCTV Videos Of Soldiers At Nnamdi Kanu's Residence Packing His Belongings / Ex-militants Protest At National Assembly Over Non-Payment Of Stipends / Edwin Clark: "We Must Show Respect To Our Leaders" - Gov Udom Emmanuel Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.