Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37052 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by vooks: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2015
What a question!

Where/How was this fulfilled?
Leviticus 19:19 (ESV)
You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

Tithing system existed with VERY CLEAR purposes namely;
1. Supporting the Levitical Priesthood,
2. Supporting the vulnerable; poor,widowed
3. Ceremonial- it was eaten during Jewish feasts

With the expiry of the Levitical Priesthood, and introduction of Freewill/non-mandatory giving in the NT, tithing stands expired

jdilight:

Yes, because Jesus fulfilled that law. So where did Jesus fulfill the law of tithing?

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by simplex2: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Burnt offerings
Feast of unleavened bread
Passover
Tithe
First fruit
Sabath

Whoever defaults in one defaults in all.

Religion is one sick mother'fvcker...
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
And Jesus did fulfilled the law-he changed the tithing law into a freewill giving.
Giving and tithing are two different meanings, tithing is a percentage and giving can mean more or less.
So make up your mind did Jesus tell you to tithe a percentage-or did Jesus tell you to give more or less?

And could you show me without guessing-where in the bible it say's Abraham and Jacob gave their tithes in cash, and how much?

God's Tithing was never made for money, that Idea came straight from the Pharisees, not God.
This money making tithing started from the Roman Catholic Church, and was followed by fools who claim they Know Jesus, and preach another doctrine 2 Corinthians 11:4. 2 John 1:10 if anyone comes and brings another doctrine don't let him into your house.

And could you explain to me why would God tell you to tithe under the Old testament law, and not tell his own chosen people the Jews who no-longer tithe.
1 John 4:1 Have you tested the Spirits that told you to tithe with money

jdilight:

We don't practice sacrificial laws because Jesus has fulfilled that by being a sacrificial lamb. Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law but to full fill it. He did not fulfill the moral laws.

Do you know Abraham and Jacob gave money tithe?

Do you even know that Levi is a tithe to God by Jacob?

Do you know that l give tithe because of mine love for God not my Church nor my pastor. Am like God, love drives me to give.

If you can't give your love is fake.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 11:01am On Mar 25, 2015
dorox:

My point is that you cannot use the argument that tithing predates the law as a justification for tithing as you did in the last paragraph of you previous post.
Abraham tithed just once, so are you saying that christians should tithe only once like Abraham?
While it is true that some servants of God paid tithe before the Law was established, it was usually a one off payment like that of Abraham. The regular payment of tithe came with the establishment of the Law. So don't you think that it will make more sense that regular tithing would no longer be applicable to christians if the law that made tithing regular is annulled for christians?

First you need to understand the need for tithing. Abraham tithed because God gave him victory, Jacob did the same because God took him to Laban and brought him back with more than he went with. They both gave tithe in appreciation of what God did for them not as obligation.

Now lets assume there was no levi and no law for tithing, will you appreciate God with your substance. If God has done something for you and you don't want to appreciate him no one punishes you for that.

I hear people say the law of tithe is not bidding on christian as if there is a law of tithe in the first place.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Go back to your bible- stop reading fairy tales.
jdilight:

First you need to understand the need for tithing. Abraham tithed because God gave him victory, Jacob did the same because God took him to Laban and brought him back with more than he went with. They both gave tithe in appreciation of what God did for them not as obligation.

Now lets assume there was no levi and no law for tithing, will you appreciate God with your substance. If God has done something for you and you don't want to appreciate him no one punishes you for that.

I hear people say the law of tithe is not bidding on christian as if there is a law of tithe in the first place.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2015
I tithed once because I was a sucker in believing in the lie.
dorox:

My point is that you cannot use the argument that tithing predates the law as a justification for tithing as you did in the last paragraph of you previous post.
Abraham tithed just once, so are you saying that christians should tithe only once like Abraham?
While it is true that some servants of God paid tithe before the Law was established, it was usually a one off payment like that of Abraham. The regular payment of tithe came with the establishment of the Law. So don't you think that it will make more sense that regular tithing would no longer be applicable to christians if the law that made tithing regular is annulled for christians?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dorox(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2015
jdilight:

Explain please how one is to appreciate God with his substance. And show with examples from the bible how the early christians abided by this principle.
Would giving my money to the needy as Jesus asked someone to do count as appreciating God with my substance, or must someone go to the G.O for it to count?

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dorox(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
brocab:
I tithed once because I was a sucker in believing in the lie.

So glad to know that you are no longer under the bondage of tithe. Did this forum help you in anyway to come to the understanding that christians are neither required nor obligated to pay tithe?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
Even before I had started on this forum, I didn't tithe. Only because I had asked the Lord for the truth.
But hey, this forum has helped me to dig much deeper into the word, because of you, and others who are seeking the truth.
It's a blessing to me...

Praise the Lord for ever more..

Amen
dorox:

So glad to know that you are no longer under the bondage of tithe. Did this forum help you in anyway to come to the understanding that christians are neither required nor obligated to pay tithe?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by imagrg(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
jdilight:
THE GATE OF HELL AGAINST THE PROSPERITY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD

Zechariah 1:17, "Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of host; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

The church of God doesn't spread through poverty but through prosperity. If so, how then do prosperity come to the church of God except through increasing the sources of our tithe and by stopping the devourer from afflicting us.

The major reason while some are against tithe is because they are against the spreading of the word of God. There are other reason I will speak on later.

Psalms 35:27, "Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

God doesn't have pleasures in people against his righteous cause. People who sees the spreading of the cities of God as evil.

God takes pleasure in the prosperity of those who diligently pay their tithe for the spreading of the cities/churches/gospel of God. They will always shout for joy and be glad because they favour God's righteous cause and not that of their pastors.

Those against the paying of tithe are against the church of God. But I decree, they shall not prosper in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Gospel will spread with or without tithing. Don't let greedy pastors woo you to part with your hard earned money. They enrich themselves with it. Give money to the poor instead. Help the needy!

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
Think about this. ....

King James Bible

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 11:16

Apostle Paul never taught nor suggested tithing to the church. If he ever did, the above verse should be null and void.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
No-one can understand in the concept on tithing, when it's not scriptural ..

It's just plain and simple-pick up your bibles and read. Don't listen to others, don't allow others to twist and turn scriptures around that pleases themselves, it's just common sense read your own bible. If you haven't got a bible, then borrow one.

Ask the Lord to show you the truth. God don't tell anybody to tithe, why would He? Jesus would tell you to give-it was Jesus who had written the New Testament, which is about giving-not tithing.

If its, the blessings your after-then pick up your bibles and seek the word of God-and your blessings are there.
Blessings isn't about money-it's about you seeking the Lord, retrieving wisdom and knowledge in the word of God, building up your heavenly kingdoms in your mind.

Matthew 6:19-21, Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Thieves can't break into your mind, but they can break into your homes, business, mega churches.

I was once blinded by the word-only because I never really understood it, "Like you", I allowed others to twist and read the bible for me.
Until one day-I asked the lord to show me His Word, I picked up my bible, and I started seeking the Word of God.
I started seeing the bible the way Jesus had written it, it blew my mind, and the blessings just poured over me and every time I seek His Word it keeps on coming. Isaiah 44:3

The bible is very spiritual, this wisdom is not earthly, but heavenly.

Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be open.

How simple does this sound,
The word of God isn't about building up man made earthly kingdoms, it's not about collecting finances using tithes and offerings as a source to rip of God's people, "so" one can build mega Churches-homes and other resources here on earth, where thieves break in and steal.

The bible is about building your kingdom in heaven seeking bible head knowledge in your brain, where thieves cant break in and steal.

We have all learned how to survive while growing up, it's head knowledge that helps us exceed in life. No-one can take our learning experience's away from us, without us knowing it.

And again it's head knowledge seeking after the Lord.

Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / 10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Bishop Omooba Adebowale Exchanges His Shoes Worth N145K With Member During

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.