Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? (10274 Views)

Check This Religious Poster I Saw In Benin (photo) / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
honourhim:

Bro there are a lot of people who were once in your so called "rational reasoning" line but today they dumped atheism after many years and joined christianity. Both whites and blacks. Even in nairaland here we also have examples.

If atheism was so good and rational as you want us to believe why would people dump it after some years just like people dump chirstianity(which you branded irratinnal) after some years. The thing wey dey happen for Okeke house dey happen for Okafor house too.

Big laugh.
What kind of silly reasoning is this? shocked

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by JackBizzle: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
dein77:
Well, I haven't benefited that much from this section. I started frequenting my visits here only a few weeks or months ago. But there are some vital lessons I have learned.

The tithe issue, which I had always suspected as being extraneous, was thoroughly dealt with here by fellow thinking and probing Christians. How tithe was smuggled into our current dispensation remains a world wonder. Brethren presented their claims with Scriptures hitherto unknown to me, thereby prompting me to search the Bible more.

Apart from this, it's being war between the Christians and the Atheists. These two groups are always at loggerheads, and this acrimony is negatively impacting a section that should otherwise direct men to Christ.

The Atheists arguments are sometimes even gaining grounds against the Christians. The terrible conditions of the religious Nigerians have further strengthened the Atheists belief in the nonexistence of God.

And it's as if more people are coming closer to Atheism than Christianity. This is purely due to the insulting, impudent, impatient and hollow behaviours of most Christians, I mean, churchgoers.

For us to reverse this tide, we must show love and understanding to the Atheists; humbly give up on them.when we can't stand their often superior arguments; we should study our Bibles more, and most importantly, convert our frequent church visits to improve the morality of our nation. If we can't transform our society despite all our religion, then it's vain.

Also,I'm also disillusioned with the whole religion scam. I would have also quit it if not for the personal revelations Christ has given me.

Lastly, our GOS and other big pastors are not helping matters. Their departure from the path of humility has made it more difficult for us to gain say our opponents.

Nigerian Christians, wake up.

[img]http://media2./media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

Big laugh.
What kind of silly reasoning is this? shocked

Same way your so called rational reasoning is silly to me.

The atheism which you are noising about as the best is what some people have been into for several years, dumped it after and called it silly and came back to the christianity that you castigate.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
honourhim:

Same way your so called rational reasoning is silly to me.

The atheism which you are noising about as the best is what some people have been into for several years, dumped it after and called it silly and came back to the christianity that you castigate.

Wow! smiley
I am moved by your power of reasoning.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

Wow! smiley
I am moved by your power of reasoning.

Na you sabi. I'm not arguing with you. I just stated my point. Its not a must that you ll accept it.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
dein77:
Well, I haven't benefited that much from this section. I started frequenting my visits here only a few weeks or months ago. But there are some vital lessons I have learned.

The tithe issue, which I had always suspected as being extraneous, was thoroughly dealt with here by fellow thinking and probing Christians. How tithe was smuggled into our current dispensation remains a world wonder. Brethren presented their claims with Scriptures hitherto unknown to me, thereby prompting me to search the Bible more.

Apart from this, it's being war between the Christians and the Atheists. These two groups are always at loggerheads, and this acrimony is negatively impacting a section that should otherwise direct men to Christ.

The Atheists arguments are sometimes even gaining grounds against the Christians. The terrible conditions of the religious Nigerians have further strengthened the Atheists belief in the nonexistence of God.

And it's as if more people are coming closer to Atheism than Christianity. This is purely due to the insulting, impudent, impatient and hollow behaviours of most Christians, I mean, churchgoers.

For us to reverse this tide, we must show love and understanding to the Atheists; humbly give up on them.when we can't stand their often superior arguments; we should study our Bibles more, and most importantly, convert our frequent church visits to improve the morality of our nation. If we can't transform our society despite all our religion, then it's vain.

Also,I'm also disillusioned with the whole religion scam. I would have also quit it if not for the personal revelations Christ has given me.

Lastly, our GOS and other big pastors are not helping matters. Their departure from the path of humility has made it more difficult for us to gain say our opponents.

Nigerian Christians, wake up.

Wait, so you're saying you agree that tithing is a fraud perpetrated by religious leaders, that Christian arguments can't stand up to cold hard logic, that Nairaland Christians frequently resort to insults and rudeness when they get trounced by atheists, that religion has failed to improve society, that it's all a scam, and that the big pastors are less than ideal role models? So remind me why are you still a Christian again?

I suspect that you'll be joining our ranks soon. All you need to do now is examine these "personal revelations" that Christ supposedly gave you and ask yourself if they are really that convincing or if you are just using them to hold on the reality you want rather than the reality you're actually living in.

Transitioning to atheism can be a very scary process. We've all been through it and we know it is never easy. But it is so worth it! It's hard to explain how, but trust me it is. It's like jumping into a swimming pool, you feel cold for 2 seconds then its fun all the way. So feel free to dive in, the water's fine.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Transitioning to atheism can be a very scary process. We've all been through it and we know it is never easy. But it is so worth it! It's hard to explain how, but trust me it is. It's like jumping into a swimming pool, you feel cold for 2 seconds then its fun all the way. So feel free to dive in, the water's fine.

Bro there is nothing fantastic about atheism as you are painting here. Man is an agent of discovery, always seeking for knowledge and whichever one you found you begin to feel you ve arrived. If atheism has the whole answer as you people always want us to believe, then we wouldnt have been having people going into it and coming out after several years. Yet we have quite a lot of people who have quit it and come back to Christianity.

The bottom line is that the whole thing is like a race. At the end of the day, those who are on the wrong track will face the consequences of it while those on the right track will be happy they did. Its not yet time to pop champagne. We are still in the race so keep a cool head bro.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by onetrack(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
This site, along with a few others, like the "We F*cking Love Atheism" page on Facebook, pushed me into atheism from agnosticism several years ago.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Infomizer(m): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

Again I agree with you that atheists tend to attack and mock posts centered on religious befiefs.
The reason is simple. You cannot advertise what you agree are irrational points of view on public forum without expecting a strong push back from your rational counterparts.

Our nation has already endured so much of that, much to the detriments of the entire black race.

You and your ilk are very free to exercise your irrationality and imbecility in private, but when Imbecility ventures out of it's delusional cocoon, then it becomes a public health hazard.

I need not remind you of the many horrors that people of irrational faith inflicted , and continue to inflict upon humankind.

Therefore, I am sure you have no problems agreeing with me that continual vigilance is imperative for the rational people to ensure.

This!

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
honourhim:

Bro there is nothing fantastic about atheism as you are painting here. Man is an agent of discovery, always seeking for knowledge and whichever one you found you begin to feel you ve arrived. If atheism has the whole answer as you people always want us to believe, then we wouldnt have been having people going into it and coming out after several years. Yet we have quite a lot of people who have quit it and come back to Christianity.

The bottom line is that the whole thing is like a race. At the end of the day, those who are on the wrong track will face the consequences of it while those on the right track will be happy they did. Its not yet time to pop champagne. We are still in the race so keep a cool head bro.

can we apply your insights to all other religions too?
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
PastorAIO:

can we apply your insights to all other religions too?

Even in christianity we still have our vaious discoveries and views of the bible and we keep seeking for more. Same could be the case in other religion. Answering a christian doesn't mean you ve made it and therefore should pop champagne. The search continues, the race continues. It is the end point of the race that matters most.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
honourhim:

Even in christianity we still have our vaious discoveries and views of the bible and we keep seeking for more. Same could be the case in other religion. Answering a christian doesn't mean you ve made it and therefore should pop champagne. The search continues, the race continues. It is the end point of the race that matters most.

I agree with you. But these are not points that our fellow christians know. They profess their beliefs with such absolute authority and certainty that you would think that they know it all and there's nothing left to discover.

In defense of EvilBrain, I don't think he was popping any champagne. He was just assuring the doubtful that it doesn't actually hurt to be an atheist and that he has himself derived a great deal of value from it. (Abeg Evilbrain if I'm wrong about this correct me).

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Infomizer:

This!

Classic.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
PastorAIO:

In defense of EvilBrain, I don't think he was popping any champagne. He was just assuring the doubtful that it doesn't actually hurt to be an atheist and that he has himself derived a great deal of value from it. (Abeg Evilbrain if I'm wrong about this correct me).

You are absolutely correct young sir.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by brocab: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
Which spirit? The Lord says test all spirits.
plaetton:

Lol!

The spirit has led them to pay tithes or to collect tithes?
The spirit is telling me to Collect tithe, but not to pay tithe.
What should I do?
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by johnydon22(m): 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true cus their is simply no evidence for it.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true cus their is simply no evidence for it.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...

Belief in God is more plausible than atheism that cant explain how all they have around them came about.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
JMAN05:

Belief in God is more plausible than atheism that cant explain how all they have around them came about.

Its better to say you don't know than to make up stories. Its better to admit you don't know than to believe things that are demonstrably false.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by johnydon22(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
JMAN05:

Bro i do not claim to know how all these things came to be cus their were there before me, i did not come before the...
nobody knows even you; You deem it convenient enough to say a supernatural being did it (Many people believe different supernatural beings did) that you believe this doesnt make it true cus its just mere believe, you literally dont know and me on the other hand dont know but i am not ashamed to say "I dont know" ....
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Bro i do not claim to know how all these things came to be cus their were there before me, i did not come before the...
nobody knows even you; You deem it convenient enough to say a supernatural being did it (Many people believe different supernatural beings did) that you believe this doesnt make it true cus its just mere believe, you literally dont know and me on the other hand dont know but i am not ashamed to say "I dont know" ....

The bible said how life began, even stating we came from dust. That perfect statement can hardly come from ordinary people who had no way to test the body and know its makeup. What about the contagious effect of leprosy? how could they have known that?

Even if it is pagans that give a different definition of "GOD", the thing is, there is a supernatural power. Denying that to me, is senseless. There is no reason to believe that there is no supernatural power.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Its better to say you don't know than to make up stories. Its better to admit you don't know than to believe things that are demonstrably false.

God created life. Is there any prove that life came from nonliving thing, inspite of many years of research?

I have asked people who thinks, which I doubt if atheist are among them, between dust and star, which came first? How did the first living appear, can life come from nonliving thing?

Can such precision in the universe, even starting from the big bang come by chance?

Where have you guys sold your brain to?

If you are so observant, you ll see I have been neglecting atheist recently cos they dont just make sense to me.

That there is no supernatural power is to tell me that some miraculous objects/happenings around us just came like that. And believing that requires more faith than even the belief in a supernatural power.

Now, assuming there is no god, and I choose to believe there is, did I loose anything? If I live by scriptural principles, wont my life be meaningful?

After all, as an atheist you are, you still have some principles you live by as a result of ur independent decision.

But what if I am an atheist, and die in that delusion, and in the future, it is discovered that God exists, and I have died, have I lost something? ALOT. No resurrection for me.

Which ever way, atheism makes no sense.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by johnydon22(m): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
JMAN05:

The bible said how life began, even stating we came from dust. That perfect statement can hardly come from ordinary people who had no way to test the body and know its makeup. What about the contagious effect of leprosy? how could they have known that?

Even if it is pagans that give a different definition of "GOD", the thing is, there is a supernatural power. Denying that to me, is senseless. There is no reason to believe that there is no supernatural power.
Wooooow how can i possibly reply to this? embarassed
My only advice is consult your science books on what the human body is made of..
So ostracizing a leprous patient is good? what about treat them? care for them?
seriously no offence my good brother but the above post sounds dumb please have a rethink
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Mekanus(m): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
For me this section of nairaland is the best because it has helped to solidify my atheism. Am always happy when I read intelligent and educative comments from my fellow atheists while the religitards here are busy quoting chapters from the book of talking snake and fairy tales

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by pupsyd: 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
it makes me to know the tru GOD!
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Wooooow how can i possibly reply to this? embarassed
My only advice is consult your science books on what the human body is made of..
So ostracizing a leprous patient is good? what about treat them? care for them?
seriously no offence my good brother but the above post sounds dumb please have a rethink

Which scientific method did they use to ascertain that such sickness was contagious. which scientific method was used to ascertain we were made from dust?

thats the point, dont shift it to another thing.

Where is that science book which proves imperically that life comes from nonliving thing?

Make good use of that brain pls.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by johnydon22(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2015
JMAN05:

Which scientific method did they use to ascertain that such sickness was contagious. which scientific method was used to ascertain we were made from dust?

thats the point, dont shift it to another thing.

Where is that science book which proves imperically that life comes from nonliving thing?

Oh mehnnnnn... **Sighs** please i give up... how can i possibly argue with you, honestly i dont believe somebody can actually type this thing you just typed above... Anyways Just read more books, you clearly need it my bro..

Peace and stop getting emotional about this..

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
JMAN05:

Which scientific method did they use to ascertain that such sickness was contagious.

Every culture has known about contagious diseases for thousands of years. Ancient people were not stupid, they would have noticed that some diseases tended to spread among close contacts. Even animals know this. To claim that people didn't know that they should isolate people with contagious diseases before they saw it in the bible is stüpid.

which scientific method was used to ascertain we were made from dust?

We're not made from dust, that's just stüpid.

Abiogenesis is a very rapidly evolving field and a lot of breakthroughs have been made in recent years. There is still work to be done before we figure out how to create life de novo, but things are moving very fast and the problem might even be solved in our lifetime. This video is a bit outdated, but it gives a good general overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQLyqWaCbA
If you want the hard unprocessed science stuff, here's some links:
Nucleotides naturally forming spontaneously
Amino acids forming spontaneously in space
Amino acids spontaneously forming functional proteins
Metabolic pathways (probably the most important feature of living things) appearing spontaneously.
Spontaneous formation of protocells.
Spontaneously forming protocells that self replicate and grow.
Sauce: Reddit user /u/Superb_Simian

The evidence we have strongly suggests that given the conditions that existed in the early earth, the appearance of life is basically inevitable. And Darwin has already shown us what always happens when you have living things, competition and time. In short, there is no need for a god to explain anything about life on earth.

This is good advice. I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by RikoduoSennin(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
It has challenged me to make a lot of Research on Bible topics.

Perceive/Sample different mindsets and reasoning from different people.

Informative as far as some belief go (those I was not too familiar with)
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by truthislight: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
PastorAIO:

My guy, on this nairaland Christians have done more to make atheists than any atheist. That is so true. It is not so much their arguments but the rancid, aggressive, bullying way that they go about posting and making threats. To defeat them in argument all one has to do is encourage them to speak.

I suspect that they can now see the futility of their rabid threats and that is why they have now run away.

Lol. Mention the ones that have ran away except Your friend Enigma.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by truthislight: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
LastOkpaBender:
Nothing more ironic than a gay christian.

embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!! I Saw Alligator Pepper(atare) In Dream. Good Or Bad? / The Rapture : Who Will Be Caught Up With Christ At His Coming? - Olamide Obire / Yahweh And Allah Must Bow At The Mention Of My Name OTEM!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.