Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods (36578 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by drrionelli(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2008
When you refer to pepper, do you mean the spice pepper (i.e., black pepper, white pepper) or do you mean the vegetable pepper (i.e., bell pepper, jalapeno, habanero)?
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by ifyesedebe(f): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hai, just read your post about Nigerian/American foods. Am really interested in any one who is into food, just because am a food freak.  Do check my blog! deals purely on African dishes and recipes (www.cuisineafricana..com).
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by prittigrrr(f): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2008
@ifyesedebe

Please provide the full website name for your blog. I would love to visit it!
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by smurf1(f): 3:25am On Dec 09, 2008
I'll eat any and everything too, grin grin
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by tosinadeda: 3:38am On Dec 09, 2008
~smurf:

hmmmmmm
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by smurf1(f): 3:40am On Dec 09, 2008
tosinadeda:

hmmmmmm

Wetin baby bwoi, na for food section u dey do love and hate too, kiss tongue
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by OgidiBoy(m): 3:41am On Dec 09, 2008
~smurf:

Honey pls don't, you have banging body don't mess it up sad sad sad
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by smurf1(f): 3:45am On Dec 09, 2008
Heheheheh grin grin grin ;Dthanks Ogidi bwoi I'll try for your sake too love, kiss
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by OgidiBoy(m): 3:52am On Dec 09, 2008
~smurf:

Heheheheh grin grin grin ;Dthanks Ogidi bwoi I'll try for your sake too love, kiss

Thank you for listening, nothing wrong with fat chicks but your fineness is just too much to play around with abeg. sad sad
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by smurf1(f): 3:56am On Dec 09, 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwww thanx babe, u are so sweet kiss
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by OgidiBoy(m): 4:00am On Dec 09, 2008
***** Ogidiboy is feeling very lucky tonight wow**** shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by tosinadeda: 4:02am On Dec 09, 2008
OgidiBoy:

***** Ogidiboy is feeling very lucky tonight wow**** shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

lmfao
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by Kweenisha: 4:07am On Dec 09, 2008
OgidiBoy:

Thank you for listening, nothing wrong with fat chicks but your fineness is just too much to play around with abeg. sad sad

jidekwa k'iji
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by tosinadeda: 4:10am On Dec 09, 2008
Kweenisha:

jidekwa k'iji

ehn?
missed call grin
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by ifyesedebe(f): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2008
Hai! prittigrrr, for my full blog address go to Google and check Ify Esedebe you'll get all the info you need. Please do check it out and let me know if it is helpful. God Bless.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by lexdino: 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2009
food, tongue fooooooooood, tongue foooooooooooooooood, :Dsome of us wont really mind what goes into their tommy embarassed
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by MrCrackles(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2009
Topic
Food is food as long as it is edible and healthy
! cheesy
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by drrionelli(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2009
Let me thank you all for your input in this! I'm certainly looking forward to partaking of all the gustatory delights of which I've read when I make it to Nigeria! I'm sure my taste buds will be in for some wonderful new experiences.

Of course, from all I've learned about Nigeria, here, I'm sure the wonderful experiences will go beyond cuisine!
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by selencious(f): 4:56am On Jan 18, 2010
The last time I came to Nigeria, I realised American foods is nothing compared to Nigerian food. Besides, it is more healthy, Mi mum and dad are great cooks.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by mamagee3(f): 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2010
Although I'd say some American Foods are almost like the Nigerian Ones. . .
I prefer most Nigerian Foods to American ones not because they're better
It's just that that's the food I'm used to and the kind of food I grew up eating. . .
I love some American Foods too like Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Chickenburgers
and Pizza. . .
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by wendytilda(f): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2010
Pizza is Italian not American food!
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by kieryn(f): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
Nigerian food in America is different from Nigerian food in Nigerian. There are some substitute used to acquire the real thing America. If you ever get a chance to visit Nigeria please avoid all roadside eatery or prepare for a running stomach for the rest of your vacation. You will also realize that a lot of food items in America are non existent in Nigeria or too expensive.( I have yet to find ground beef to make spaghetti) So feel free to bring a favorite snack. American type food are prepared different Nigeria, like pancake, in Nigeria they tend to put onions and peppers in it. Overall Nigerian food is the sweetest, try different food from different tribes for an experience. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by favouredjb(f): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2010
Our food is d sweetest,bestest,and very spicy.u can't even taste some of my fod cos,d rate at which I eat pepper,u go fear fear,although a reduced my pepper intake now.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
we have the most versatile food combos. most "American" dishes are borrowed from other countries.

Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by InkedNerd(f): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
labalaba:

we have the most versatile food combos. most "American" dishes are borrowed from other countries.

I was just gonna say that as well. My sister and I were having a conversation about a the same topic not too long ago. If you really think about it there aren't many "American" dishes. I know some may say  that most dishes in a country tend to be borrowed from somewhere else and that may be true, but in the US's case, it's a blend of borrowed ideas from other places. Even some of the things they refer to as soul food are altered variations of food that were once eaten before slaves were brought to the Americas. Some of the soul food is also things that were put together from scraps that slaves were given from their slave masters. In a sense there really is no "traditional American" dishes. If we wanna speak of American cooking, I'd say Native American food [which by the way is very delicious and varies from tribe to tribe] is very good.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by tpiah: 1:20am On Sep 28, 2010
It would be good to know what our national beverage is,

in the north, it's kunu.

in the south, i dont think there's any save palmwine, native gin, beer, etc.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by tpiah: 1:21am On Sep 28, 2010
I think you should go with a mindset that nothing will taste like American food

seconded.
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I was just gonna say that as well. My sister and I were having a conversation about a the same topic not too long ago. If you really think about it there aren't many "American" dishes. I know some may say  that most dishes in a country tend to be borrowed from somewhere else and that may be true, but in the US's case, it's a blend of borrowed ideas from other places. Even some of the things they refer to as soul food are altered variations of food that were once eaten before slaves were brought to the Americas. Some of the soul food is also things that were put together from scraps that slaves were given from their slave masters. In a sense there really is no "traditional American" dishes. If we wanna speak of American cooking, I'd say Native American food [which by the way is very delicious and varies from tribe to tribe] is very good.

WELL SAID!!!!!
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by mamagee3(f): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
favouredjb:

Our food is d sweetest,bestest,and very spicy.u can't even taste some of my fod cos,d rate at which I eat pepper,u go fear fear,although a reduced my pepper intake now.
You are probably feeding on foods from China and Europe. grin grin
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by InkedNerd(f): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2010
labalaba:

WELL SAID!!!!!

Thanks wink
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by bkbabe97y(m): 6:41am On Oct 01, 2010
Nigerian food always give me either serious heart-burn or a fuxcked up stomach! Still, like EzeUche to Ileke-Idi; I REFUSE TO HATE IT. I love Nigerian food, but i gotta drink crazy water after each bite! undecided
Re: American Foods Vs. Nigerian Foods by favouredjb(f): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2010
@mamagee,I dnt get your point, I eat d normal local food,with ingredients bought from d regular mile12,agege market,sunday market etc here in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) / What Is Your Favourite Part Of The Chicken? (pic) / Nairalanders Post Your Christmas Food Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.