Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Help! Please Conserve Our Energy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Please Conserve Our Energy! (417 Views)

Kachikwu Ibe In Abu Dhabi For UAE Energy Forum / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply / Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Please Conserve Our Energy! by smada13(m): 7:30am On Oct 29, 2014
Don't know where to place this, but since this where people visit, I got no better option

I was around the edge of the third mainland bridge going to the island this morning and saw a host of shops, houses and even a church that left their bulbs (energy consuming one at that) on, and the bulbs were blazing shining....inside me I was imagining the state of the transformer that is distributing that energy and the level of wastage of energy all around the country despite people not paying their charges regularly.

My mind raced back to Kwara state where I served, where the Local government Secretariat and houses around leaves their bulbs on both day and night and once the transformer go bad, they begin to scream NEPA! NEPA!, not knowing that they are the cause of the breakdown...

We all should start taking responsibilities for our actions and begin to imbibe management culture in our everyday living. We can do it! This country will be better for it and we will enjoy electricity better if we keep our own end of the bargain by not keeping electric gadgets on when not in use leading to waste of gas.

Energy conservation is as important as food....Please I plead keep this at the back of your mind, tell your neighbours, family and friends. Educate people on the importance and positive effects of conservation of energy.

We can't afford to waste what is not enough for our consumption.

God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
Good morning and have a great day!

Help conserve our energy!!!!!

Mods please do the needful
Re: Help! Please Conserve Our Energy! by smada13(m): 10:24am On Oct 29, 2014
After almost 3hours and 21 views, not comment yet...are people really concerned

God help Nigeria
Re: Help! Please Conserve Our Energy! by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2021
smada13:
After almost 3hours and 21 views, not comment yet...are people really concerned

God help Nigeria
Nigerians no too give a dam about things like this.

(1) (Reply)

APGA Defends Adoption Of Jonathan As Its Presidential Candidate -victor Umeh / Nigeria To Save $1bn From Efficient Use Of Energy / IMPEACHMENT: Embattled Tambuwal Drags PDP, FG To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.