Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders (4446 Views)

Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders by usezer: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2011
Nigeria is blessed with so much, yet an average Nigerian has little or nothing to show for it. I am sure this is not the way nature has designed it to be.  The natural law would be: whoever is blessed with so much should have plenty to enjoy, minding the interest of the future generations.

Apparently something(s) is not right about Nigeria - i.e. there are problems. But as new election is around the corner, lets be awakened to the fact that NOBODY can fix ALL the problems of Nigeria at once, hence there is need to prioritize. I would expect that any future leader of this country should be able to identify what is the biggest problem facing Nigeria that needs to be addressed first and foremost.

To be sincere, I am not sure which of the following heavy weight issues would top the chart:

1. Corruption
2. Infrastructure
3. Energy
4. Evil Leadership

Which would you consider to be the biggest?

NB. It is your responsibility to know the candidates and make informed decision when voting - VoTeSmarT (http://www.electioncandidates2011.com)
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders by Ikengawo: 7:39am On Feb 11, 2011
corruption, because it causes all the rest

it makes stabilizing power more difficult and/or impossible
it makes good leaders have to be evil to survive in the system or get ahead
it makes building projects difficult/impossible

and so forth. corruption is easily the biggest problem in the country.
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Problem: Corruption, Infrastructure, Energy, Or Evil Leaders by usezer: 1:11am On Feb 12, 2011
Yeah corruption is evil and destructive - but do you think that if any Nigerian leader sets out primarily to tackle corruption, he/she would get anywhere before the tenure comes to an end. A single individual cannot tackle corruption in Nigeria, a reliable team would be needed to do that. Unfortunately, how do you go about constituting such team since every aspect of the Nigerian system is corrupt - Government institutions, public organizations, private organizations, religious institutions, educational institutes - every aspect is corrupt.

My guess is: address basic needs of life (Energy is key component of any evolving economy) and in the process tackle corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Soccer Player Killed In The USA ''For Being A Nigerian''. / FG Completes 20 New Silo Complexes, To Concession Them To Private Sector / Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.