Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

It Will Come To You - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Will Come To You (15236 Views)

On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
debdave:
Welldone touchmeder. Am so following this.
But na only one tyn go pursue me ooo#shey u know?#

What did u mean to say there? Totally lost you. Welcome guys take off ur shoes and relax. Drinks are on me. LOL
Re: It Will Come To You by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
touchmeder:

What did u mean to say there? Totally lost you. Welcome guys take off ur shoes and relax. Drinks are on me. LOL
I no go skool. Pardon me biko.
Wetin I mean b say- na one one tyn go make me run comot 4 here..i.e to unfollow. Shey u don grab bah?. Abi u no still undrstnd ni?
Re: It Will Come To You by Costlybabe: 4:37am On Nov 11, 2014
Oh my !this story na bomb,why will ulo go into a marriage where she already knows the outcome but what is wrong with that her mother sef,she is the pushing her,touch maker,u are doing great
Re: It Will Come To You by Costlybabe: 4:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Oh my !this story na bomb,why will ulo go into a marriage where she already knows the outcome but what is wrong with that her mother sef,she is the pushing her,touch meder,u are doing great
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2014
Costlybabe:
Oh my !this story na bomb,why will ulo go into a marriage where she already knows the outcome but what is wrong with that her mother sef,she is the pushing her,touch meder,u are doing great

Thanks dear will update later tonight.
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2014
cheesy cheesy " If you say it is a wife, I won't stop you. Whatever you do, don’t ask me for a kobo! God bless your efforts my son. Kneel, let me pray for you.'' gringrin dis place funny ooo... Knel down ko?

Touchmeder I dey feel u. U rock!
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
touchmeder:

Thanks ladies. People finally figured the right sex with me. LOL cheesy
zyzxx got it now? LOL
Welcome Plaitex

i actually thought u were a guy until i saw ur pic on ur profile. thanks for the update. cheerio
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
lenmafon:

i actually thought u were a guy until i saw ur pic on ur profile. thanks for the update. cheerio

Who dash me nor be Agbani be that? tongue
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
agbani abi? ok o! btw thanks for the update. looks like dennis has some skeleton in his cupboard that ulo does not know. sleep tight touchmender

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Plaitex(f): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dennis sure has a skeleton in his cupboard. Its just so sad dat Ulo didn't investigate his history

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
On a hot weekend in November, Mama Ulo sent for her with no prior warning. She made it sound urgent and it only annoyed Ulo because she knew her mother could have sent for her during the week. She didn’t work anyway and everyone knew this. Mrs Obinde had grown older and life was a lot comfortable courtesy Ulo and Dorcas. She still lived in the same rented house and refused the offer of moving to a better home or buying a plot where she could build another house. She would murmur ''if I die tomorrow, who am I leaving the house for? You are all in your husband’s house and I am happy here.''

Pearl was still a liability although Mrs Obinde refused to admit this. She still complained about her marriage and took turns spending the weekend at either her siblings or mother’s place.

As soon as Ulo arrived, her mother kicked off by sending her on various errands around the house. It was annoying because they both knew this visit had nothing to do with errands. A young relative lived with mama and attended to her every need. Next Ulo could not believe what her mother wanted her to do. Her mother knew how much she hated that task.

''Mama did you send for me to break melon seed with you? This is unfair you know.''

Mrs Obinde, ignored her and motioned for the tray full of half broken melon. She appeared pensive ''my child is still my child, no matter what you have become. The farmer will bend his plant to harvest the maize no matter how tall it has grown. Sit down and break melon with me.''

Ulo sat and they began breaking the melon in silence. Finally, her mother coughed twice and spoke ''how is your husband?''

''He is fine mama''

''And where is he gone this time?''

''Abuja'' Ulo answered.

''My daughter I have called you today to discuss your marriage. I know what you are going through but that does not mean you are hundred percent without fault. I know because I gave birth to you. The mother seal can spot her cubs amongst thousands on the beach. There is no perfect child but you are a good one. I am not happy anytime you have problems with your husband and it was even more painful the last time you moved out of your home. God forbid that reoccurs while I am dead or alive. We have one constant runaway whom I still sort out, I can't have two. I trained my daughters better than that!''

She was quiet for about a minute before she continued ''I have heard your complaints my child and I have studied your husband. I know you speak the truth.''

Ulo began to cry softly ''I can't stand that man. I live in misery mama. You don’t know half of what I go through in that house. I don’t say everything but it has been so hard. Mama he is a difficult man.''

Her mother hushed her ''that is not why I’ve sent for you today. What pleasure will I derive if you come and sit here with me? My knees still hurt from the hours of long prayers I made on your behalf before you left this house. Your husband may be unreasonable but most men out there are the same. The difference is the degree to which it varies. As an African woman, you can make or mar your marriage because you are ninety nine percent responsible for the success of your union. Most men act as children so treat Dennis like you will treat your son. It is not every battle you must win. It is not every point you must prove. Overlook his faults and be humble. Everything you want will come to you in due course. Yes I said it; mark my words even that career you long for, it will come.''

Ulo said nothing; it was too much to take in. When she finally spoke, she thanked her mother for the advice. Mrs Obinde looked at her with a smile ''the job of a mother is never finished. Go and find something to eat, you look like a broom stick. You won't take in, if you continue at this rate.''

Later that night, Ulo thought about all her mother said. She was not prepared to swallow all hook, line and sinker. It was amazing how quickly one’s opinion changed. Before marriage, if someone had re-echoed what her mother said earlier in the day, she would have cursed and shouted. It still made no sense but she decided to put it to practise. She had nothing to lose with a marriage heading for the rocks.

Over the following months, Ulo was shocked to discover the changes brought about by the radical implementation of her mother's advice. It was not clear if Dennis had changed for the better or she had finally gotten used to his behaviour. She rarely argued and simply ignored him most times. She became almost like a robot, devoid of emotional feelings and lacking in warmth where her husband was concerned.

And so life continued peacefully until the following year when the absence of a child began to tell on her.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks lenmafon and Plaitex for the previous comment. Guys please drop something after an update; its somewhat comforting. The other day i noticed i was typing Doris instead of Dorcas and no one brought it to my attention. Chai sad
Re: It Will Come To You by Costlybabe: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Wat more can i say,ur diction,ur style and and so flawless,oh dear i remove my Brazilian hair for you

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by stonecoldcafe: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
Costlybabe:
Wat more can i say,ur diction,ur style and and so flawless,oh dear i remove my Brazilian hair for you
Ewooo brazilian hair. Lol op well done!
Re: It Will Come To You by Emzypaz(m): 12:03am On Nov 13, 2014
Its happening live this weekend. Catch the conversation live on Nairaland as our popular programme 'Nairaland celebrity interview' kicks off with more force.
Guess who we are bringing this weekend. She is not story writer, neither is she a poet. She is a Queen, our Queen. A beauty. I present to you, the most beautiful girl on Nairaland. Miss Jennimma, winner Miss Nairaland beauty contest 2014.
Do you have questions for her?
Do you want to know the secret behind her beauty?
Do you want to know more about her?
This weekend, join us and ask your questions. Everything will be answered by our guest.
Date: Saturday 15-11-2014
Time: 2pm-3pm
Venue: https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/9#27964171.
Missing the action is like carrying over a course.
Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2014
Thank you maam. I am definitely enjoying this...

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by seunviju(f): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Lovely story,keep it up

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2014
touchmeder:
Thanks lenmafon and Plaitex for the previous comment. Guys please drop something after an update; its somewhat comforting. The other day i noticed i was typing Doris instead of Dorcas and no one brought it to my attention. Chai sad
sorry ma'am. the story sweet pass name grin
More wisdom, u are d best
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by seunviju(f): 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
This one serious o.Make I neva talk anything sha.Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Timothy3113(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
Some ladies sha, ori iku ni le olo toribo(she see death sh go put head ). Unfaithful partner's can lead a person to his grave.
When d guy bring Aid na dat tym sh go sabi.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Thanks guys its gonna get even more crazy!
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
a
Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2014
Wow this is good. You're good... Waiting anxiously.. Thanks ma'am
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2014
thanks touchmender. there's a little correction: the laundry man ... left with explanation or without explanation. i think u should check it out. ulo did not do any research on dennis' background so sorry for her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Summary Of The Gods Are Not To Blame By Ola Rotimi / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.