Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ (14170 Views)

Batch C14 Lagos / NYSC C14 Osun Corpers Holla / BATCH C14 OYO STATE THREAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by psymonds(m): 1:12am On Nov 01, 2014
jonazter:
waoo am vry hapi to b here, tanx for de wondefu testmonies by our predecesors. I hav also bn posted to Sokoto state, am frm Benue state n intends leavin on de 3rd Nov, I dont kn if de camp wil b opened by then? heres my digits 08036351474, tanx Dudes n Dudese
FROM BSU?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by psymonds(m): 1:13am On Nov 01, 2014
ojophilip:
me i'm thinking of taking train from ilorin!!! how abt that? any advice?
IF U REALLY UNDASTAND THE RAIL SYSTEM AND U ARE SURE OF THE TIMING.... Y NOT?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by psymonds(m): 1:29am On Nov 01, 2014
ITS VERY NECCESSARY TO KNOW ABOUT A PLACE BEFORE VISITING...PARTICULARLY , WEN U ARE VISITING FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.
NOW! LET'S GET FAMILIAR WITH OUR STATE OF DEPLOYMENT!!!
#Introduction
Sokoto is one of the seven states that form the North West geopolitical zone of Nigeria. It is bordered to the north by the Republic
of Niger, Zamfara State to the east, and Kebbi State to the south and west. The city of Sokoto is its capital.
#History
Sokoto State traces its origin to the Sokoto Caliphate founded in 1809 By Shehu Usman dan Fodio , the leader of the jihadists who
overthrew the Hausa states of Gobir, Kano, Katsina and Kanem-Bornu. The empire fell after the British conquest of 1903 and the
death of Attahiru, the Sultan of Sokoto, and became part of the Northern Region in the three-region structure of 1954. In 1967,
Nigeria, the military administration of General Yakubu Gowon merged Sokoto and Niger provinces to form the North Western state. In
1976, North Western State was split into Sokoto and Niger states by the military administration of General Murtala Muhammed.
Main Cities and Towns
Sokoto (capital city), Wurno, Gwada-bawa, Yabo, Tambulwal, Ilela, Binji and Bogingo.
Land Mass, Location and Population
Sokoto State covers an area of 28,232.37 square kilometres. The state is located between latitudes 40 to 60 north and longitudes
110 to 130 east has a population of 3,702,676 (2006 census figures ). It accounts for 2.3 percent of Nigeria's total population.
Original Inhabitants and Settlers
Prior to the establishment of Sokoto as a ribat (military camp or frontier) in 1809, the area that is modern-day Sokoto State was
home to Hausa states with large populations. These states eventually fell under the control of Usman dan Fodio and the Fulani
jihadists and became part of the Sokoto Caliphate. In 1817 when Usman died, his son Muhammed Bello succeeded him as the Sultan
of Sokoto. Usman's brother Abdullahi was given the western divisions of the caliphate to run; however, supreme authority rested with
Bello. At the height of its power, the Sokoto Caliphate extended as far as Ilorin (in modern-day Kwara State ).
Ethnic Groups
The Hausa are the largest ethnic group in Sokoto State while the Fulani are its second largest. Minority groups include the
Zabarmawa, Tuareg and the Dakarkari.
Religion
The majority of the population is Sunni Muslim. There is a small Shia minority.
Administrative Structure
There are twenty-three local government areas (LGAs) in Sokoto. Each has a chairman as its administrative head.
Sultan of Sokoto
The Islamic community in Nigeria considers the person of the Sultan as 'First among Equals'. He is both the political head of the
Fulani as well as the supreme spiritual head of the roughly 70 million Muslims in Nigeria. Currently occupying the position is Sultan
Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar III, the twentieth Sultan of Sokoto.
Local Government Areas
Binji
Bodinga
Dange Shuni
Gada
Goronyo
Gudu
Gwadabawa
Illela
Isa
Kebbe
Kware
Rabah
Sabon Birni
Shagari
Silame
Sokoto North
Sokoto South
Tambuwal
Tungaza
Tureta
Wamako
Wurno
Yabo

1 Like

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by felai: 4:26am On Nov 01, 2014
ojophilip:
me i'm thinking of taking train from ilorin!!! how abt that? any advice?
Please holla me if you will be travelling down to sokoto from ilorin.
080-5115-0299
And if there's anyone that needs help in one way or the other, u could add me up on whatsapp or call.
Presently in Sokoto.
Sanu de zuwa

1 Like

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Srallens(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2014
psymonds:

GREAT MAKURDIAN!!!
YHU GAT ME RIGHT BEHIND YA. HOW THINGS NA?
WHATSAPP.? WEN U D MOVE AND WICH PAK U GAT USE?
. Na links go sure pass oo! I wish we could get other UA guyz to join us so we could roll together. I'll b leaving on Monday.

1 Like

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Srallens(m): 5:42am On Nov 01, 2014
jonazter:
waoo am vry hapi to b here, tanx for de wondefu testmonies by our predecesors. I hav also bn posted to Sokoto state, am frm Benue state n intends leavin on de 3rd Nov, I dont kn if de camp wil b opened by then? heres my digits 08036351474, tanx Dudes n Dudese
. M equally from Benue. N Psymonds is here too.................... We're frm The Great UA. What abt ya?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by HisMajesty1(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2014
Srallens:
. Na links go sure pass oo! I wish we could get other UA guyz to join us so we could roll together. I'll b leaving on Monday.
by links you mean Benue links right? Where is Benue links park in Benue and any idea how much TP is? I'm in Kogi state though.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Srallens(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2014
HisMajesty1:

by links you mean Benue links right? Where is Benue links park in Benue and any idea how much TP is? I'm in Kogi state though.
. Yea.................... Links park is opp d wurukum mkt, along BSU road. As for d TP, no idea yet brou
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Phinney(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2014
Anyone travelling to sokoto from lagos? Please I need an heads up... Don't know whether to go by air or by road... Please I need candid suggestions
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by psymonds(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2014
HisMajesty1:

BENUE LINKS PARK IS @WURUKUM NEAR ROUNDABOUT, OPP. LIVING FAITH CHURCH,MAKURDI.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by HisMajesty1(m): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2014
Srallens:
. Yea.................... Links park is opp d wurukum mkt, along BSU road. As for d TP, no idea yet brou
Thanks man... Whenever you get any additional information do well to lemme know.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by prof22(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2014
Hello , good morning and happy new month. If you need help with redEploying from Sokoto to another state . Add me up. 273244DB or call 08076982854.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by jonazter(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
[quote
author=Srallens post=27626277]. M equally from Benue. N Psymonds is
here too.................... We're frm The Great UA. What abt
ya?[/quote] Am frm BSU
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by jonazter(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2014
psymonds:

FROM BSU?
Yes, pls can I get ur digits so we can reason beta
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Prettilicious(f): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2014
Phinney:
Anyone travelling to sokoto from lagos? Please I need an heads up... Don't know whether to go by air or by road... Please I need candid suggestions
hey..m also goin frm lags...goin by flight is d easiest compared to 14-15hrs by road frm lagos...m goin by air also...u cn send ur pin.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by pweedie(f): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2014
Prettilicious:
hey..m also goin frm lags...goin by flight is d easiest compared to 14-15hrs by road frm lagos...m goin by air also...u cn send ur pin.
there aren't seats again to book on d 3Rd to 5th again. Expect on Fri... prettilicious what air flight u going wit ad d time.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by weezii(m): 9:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Hello guys and ladies. For those of you who plan to enter camp on monday its possible cos they'll accomodate you guys in the hostels with ur basic needs provided. Only that you'll need to get something you'll eat but mami market will be open from that day too.
So don't bother lodging in a hotel like someone. Was asking earlier. Camp opens from Monday but registration starts Tuesday...

Congrats to you all the new ""Sokopa's"

1 Like

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Prettilicious(f): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2014
pweedie:
there aren't seats again to book on d 3Rd to 5th again. Expect on Fri... prettilicious what air flight u going wit ad d time.
i dnt undastand u pls...u mean deres no reservations fr 3rd n 5th?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Srallens(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2014
jonazter:
Am frm BSU
. Dat's cul. We'll surely catch up dea brou
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Srallens(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2014
HisMajesty1:

Thanks man... Whenever you get any additional information do well to lemme know.
. Sure, brou
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by pweedie(f): 10:55am On Nov 01, 2014
Prettilicious:
i dnt undastand u pls...u mean deres no reservations fr 3rd n 5th?
if u wish to go by aero dere isn't reservations again till on d 5th... but u can book wit arik wich goes for 46k.... I booked with aero sharply on mon....paid 10k wink
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by pweedie(f): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2014
pweedie:
if u wish to go by aero dere isn't reservations again till on d 5th... but u can book wit arik wich goes for 46k.... I booked with aero sharply on mon....paid 10k wink

Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by psymonds(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2014
jonazter:
Yes, pls can I get ur digits so we can reason beta
SURE! Y NOT....07062231202 , 07011603343 (WHATSAPP LINE).
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Prettilicious(f): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=pweedie post=27632562][/quote]arik wil b beta..i even lik arik.... cheesy
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by oluwamaxwell(m): 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sorry I don't know how to go about the trip from ekiti... Anyone could help with this?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Okewoleshola(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hi, is there any one deployed to Sokoto frm Nsuk?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Omonagold: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
If u will be goin to wammako camp from osogbo u can join our bus we still have 2 vacant seats 4 more enquiries contact Gold on 08068677103 or 08153253178, bbm pin :7b869219 we ar leavin early in d morning on monday
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by BTFormular: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hi house, how much does the sokoto state govt pay corpers?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by temsam: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hello Y'll.. sorry please I Wana ask when registration closes in camp. That's precisely how many days after resumin to camp?.. please I want your suggestions.
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by pweedie(f): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
temsam:
Hello Y'll.. sorry please I Wana ask when registration closes in camp. That's precisely how many days after resumin to camp?.. please I want your suggestions.
check ur letter is written it would be opened only for two days
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by oluwamaxwell(m): 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Omonagold:
If u will be goin to wammako camp from osogbo u can join our bus we still have 2 vacant seats 4 more enquiries contact Gold on 08068677103 or 08153253178, bbm pin :7b869219 we ar leavin early in d morning on monday
how much?
Re: NYSC; C14 Sokoto. Where Ya @ by Cryxtal(f): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Well, after much sobbing, m accepting my fate. Sokoto here I̶̲̥̅̊ come. But m so re-deploying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances / NYSC Batch C Calendar 2018 / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.